5G Wireless Network Infrastructure Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Infrastructure (RAN, Core), By Band (Sub-6 GHz, MmWave), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Oct 2023
- Report Code : KSI061616164
- Pages : 145
The global 5G Wireless Network Infrastructure market is valued at US$22.971 billion in 2022.
- Deployment of 5G Network
5G has revolutionized various aspects of wireless network infrastructure, encompassing fiber, RAN, transport, and asset management. It continues to deliver faster speeds, reduced latency, and enhanced services. The underlying architecture supporting this deployment is intricate and multi-layered. Innovative 5G wireless technology platforms are pushing the boundaries of design, production, and testing capabilities. Gradual 5G network implementation, where 5G components are integrated into existing legacy structures, is often seen as a prudent approach to minimize capital expenses and financial risks. The deployment of 5G networks and investments in infrastructure by telecom operators and governments are expected to play a pivotal role in the market's expansion.
- In February 2023, Kyndryl and Nokia revealed a three-year extension and expansion of their worldwide network and edge collaboration, concentrating on creating and providing top-tier LTE and 5G private wireless services and Industry 4.0 solutions. These solutions aim to seamlessly integrate all enterprise operations, ensuring reliability, efficiency, and security.
- In February 2021, DISH expanded its nationwide 5G wireless infrastructure through seven new tower agreements in collaboration with Harmoni Towers, Mobilite, Parallel Infrastructure, Phoenix Tower International, Tillman Infrastructure, Tower Ventures, and Vogue Towers. These agreements granted DISH access to over 4,000 towers and wireless infrastructure assets across the country, playing a crucial role in facilitating the rapid deployment of its new nationwide 5G network.
FWA with Access to 5G Network
Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) is a cost-effective and efficient alternative for providing broadband in areas where traditional fixed broadband services like DSL, cable, or fiber are limited or unavailable. With the evolution to 5G, FWA solutions are expected to achieve significant scalability, offering 10 to 100 times more capacity than 4G networks. 5G FWA eliminates the need for expensive deployment of deep-fiber fixed access infrastructure while delivering peak rates outperforming most fixed technologies. By leveraging 5G networks, operators can now bridge the digital divide and provide connectivity to a wider population, including underserved areas.
- In February 2023, Nokia and China United Network Communication Group Co. (CUC) expanded their collaboration by conducting a trial of a 5G fixed wireless access (FWA) solution using Nokia's converged Multi-Access Gateway within the existing network in Guangdong, China. The solution is designed to deliver exceptional performance, scalability, and flexibility in handling high volumes of traffic from 5G user devices, ultimately improving the customer experience and preparing the fixed wireless network for future requirements.
- In 2021, Keysight Technologies, Inc. partnered with NXP® Semiconductors to drive the progress of 5G Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) solutions. This collaborative effort spans multiple generations and encompasses the deployment of 5G in both non-standalone (NSA) mode for the initial phase and stand-alone (SA) mode for future developments.
Implementation of 5G Fixed Wireless Access
As per Ericsson's forecast, 5G is driving the growth of Fixed Wireless Access (FWA), particularly in emerging markets, with an expected increase in both the number of connections and the share of 5G FWA connections. By 2028, 5G is projected to account for nearly 80 percent of FWA connections. In the APAC region, the number of FWA connections is set to almost triple, raising its share of global FWA connections from 36 to 46 percent by 2028. Furthermore, over 100 Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) service providers, approximately 40 percent of them, are now offering FWA services over 5G.
EMERGING OPPORTUNITIES IN THE 5G WIRELESS NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE MARKET
- Radio Access Network (RAN)
5G infrastructure encompasses Radio Access Network (RAN), core, and transport technologies, providing high throughput, low latency, high mobility, and dense connectivity. The advent of 5G is poised to unlock numerous business prospects for telecom operators, enterprises, stakeholders, and consumers. The Radio Access Network includes antennas, radios, baseband (RAN Compute), and RAN software, enabling remarkable speeds and mobility.
- In September 2023, Ericsson and Telefónica entered into an MoU to advance the evolution of Cloud RAN based on the Open RAN architecture. This collaboration aims to harness the advantages of cloud-native networks using O-RAN standardized interfaces, offering scalability, high performance, and cost-efficiency in Cloud RAN. This evolution builds upon the existing 5G infrastructure as its foundation.
- In August 2023, Nokia collaborated with NTT Ltd. to extend private wireless networking solutions to over 3.2 million enterprises in Thailand. Nokia's 5G private wireless solutions will revolutionize crucial business applications and scenarios across various industries such as manufacturing, mining, healthcare, and education. This collaborative effort will grant Thai industries access to cutting-edge 5G technology and applications, facilitating automation, robotics, and digital transformation solutions aimed at boosting productivity and efficiency.
- In February 2023, Econet collaborated with Ericsson to modernize its network infrastructure in Zimbabwe, focusing on upgrading its Radio Access Network (RAN) and mobile Core network in preparation for 5G expansion. This partnership aims to accelerate digital transformation by transitioning the current network to a cloud-native architecture. The upgraded network will enable Econet to offer 5G connectivity in additional areas, unlocking advanced consumer and enterprise applications.
MAJOR PLAYERS IN THE MARKET
Some of the leading players in the market include Ericsson, Samsung, and NEC among others. The product offerings of the major corporations include the following:
FastMile 5G Receiver
Nokia FastMile 5G receivers are designed for indoor installation. These 5G fixed wireless access gateways are self-contained systems, integrating both 4G and 5G radios to connect homes and businesses. Inside the premises, they utilize Nokia's self-optimizing mesh Wi-Fi 6 technology to provide a seamless broadband experience. Equipped with high-gain antennas (9dBi) and a wide 180° field of view, there's no requirement to align them precisely with the base station for reliable Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) service.
RAN Intelligent Controller (RIC)
The Juniper RAN Intelligent Controller (RIC) enhances the radio access network (RAN) by introducing intelligence, flexibility, and programmability. It enables the integration of third-party applications to enhance service quality, lower infrastructure and operational expenses, and enable innovative business approaches. The Juniper RIC platform is built on a cloud-native microservices architecture and fully adheres to O-RAN Alliance specifications and interfaces.
Nemo Walker Air
Nemo Walker Air is a portable solution that allows you to simultaneously assess and compare various wireless networks and technologies. It supports 5G NR scanner measurements using devices such as PCTEL Gflex/HBflex/IBflex and R&S®TSMA6 Autonomous Mobile Network scanners.
The Global 5G Wireless Network Infrastructure Market has been analyzed through the following segments:
- By Infrastructure
- By Band
- Sub-6 GHz
- By Geography
- United States
- South Korea
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Market Segmentation
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Bandwidth Availability
4.4. Number of Users
5. GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS/POLICIES
6. 5G WIRELESS NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE MARKET, BY INFRASTRUCTURE
7. 5G WIRELESS NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE MARKET, BY BAND
7.2. Sub-6 GHz
8. 5G WIRELESS NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2.1. United States
8.3. Europe, Middle East and Africa
8.4. Asia Pacific
8.4.3. South Korea
9. RECENT DEVELOPMENT AND INVESTMENTS
10. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
10.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
10.2. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
11. COMPANY PROFILES
11.1. Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
11.2. ZTE Corporation
11.5. Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
11.6. Nokia Corporation
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|5G Antenna Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2023-2028||Aug 2023|
|5G Edge Computing Market Share & Share: Report, 2023-2028||Aug 2023|
|5G Segment Routing Market Size: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Nov 2023|
|5G Network Infrastructure Market Size & Share: Report, 2023-2028||Oct 2023|
|5G Enterprise Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2023-2028||Oct 2023|