Japan 5G Devices Market Size, Share, Opportunities, COVID-19 Impact, And Trends By Device Type (Smartphones, Industrial Routers, FWA CPE, Modules, Others), By 5G Deployment (Standalone (SA), Non-Standalone (NSA)), And By Device Capability (Baseline Devices, Redcap Devices) - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Feb 2023
- Report Code : KSI061614310
- Pages : 65
Japan 5G devices market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 10.49% to reach a market size of US$23.006 billion by 2028 from US$12.645 billion in 2022.
5G technology has enabled extraordinarily high speeds as well as a myriad of new applications with the aid of the Internet of Things. The launch of 5G consumer devices in addition to the collaborations made by the companies to expand their operations, will positively contribute to the market’s profitability. Moreover, By the end of fiscal 2023, the central government aims to have expanded 5G mobile networks to encompass 95% of the population.
By the end of fiscal 2020, 5G coverage has reached less than 40% of the population. According to the plan, the ministry plans to increase that to 95% by the end of fiscal 2023, 97% by the end of fiscal 2025, and 99% by the end of fiscal 2030. Therefore, due to the Japanese government’s initiative to expand 5G coverage, the market for 5G devices is expected to rise.
The high penetration of 5G devices and connectivity in Japan is projected to surge the market share.
The high penetration of 5G devices and connectivity will boost the market for this region. For instance, Softbank's 5G population penetration exceeds the objective of 90% by the end of March 2022, as per company data. The corporation has designated the fiscal year ending March 31, 2023, as a year of intense investment in 5G, and it is actively trying to advance 5G networks. Furthermore, as per the GSMA, in terms of total Asia Pacific contribution, China, Japan, and South Korea are the largest contributors, owing to the high level of 5G adoption that these nations will achieve by 2030.
Additionally, as per Cisco Systems, Inc., also known as Cisco, published a white paper named the “Cisco Annual Internet Report”, 2018 to 2023. In this report, the American-based multinational tech company predicted, by 2023, the top three 5G countries in terms of percent of devices and connections will be China (20.7%), Japan (20.6%), and the United Kingdom (19.5%). Therefore, with the increasing percentage of 5G devices penetration in Japan, the market is projected to witness a surge during the upcoming years.
The increasing implementation of 5G consumer devices in addition to the rising 5G subscribers in the region.
Due to increased consumer demand, the 5G rollout has created a variety of new possibilities for smartphone makers. The leading players have announced the introduction of several new 5G devices. Apple, for example, introduced the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max in September 2022, which include an always-on display as well as a new Dynamic Island. Users may stay connected with 5G downloads and uploads that are lightning fast, have better viewing, and have authentic connectivity. Additionally, Fibocom announced the launch of the 5G FG370 in May 2022. It offers international carriers better mobile broadband, low latency, and ultra-reliable 5G FWA connection, and is powered by the recently introduced MediaTek T830 platform. The FG370 supports enhanced connection choices such as Dual-band 22 Wi-Fi 7 for MiFi (BE6500) and Tri-band 44 Wi-Fi 7 for CPE (BE19000). Therefore, the 5G smartphone and FWA CPE 5G device segment are accounted to have the highest growth for this market.
Moreover, according to the Ericsson Mobility Report, the 5G subscribers in Northeast Asia were 408 million in 2021. Later in 2022, due to the high penetration of 5G ecosystems in the region, the number of 5G subscribers increased almost double the previous year and reached a total of 728 million. Furthermore, as per the same data source, the Northeast Asia region is anticipated to account for 1,710 million 5G subscribers by 2028 and grow at a CAGR of 15% from 2022 to 2028. Strong 5G subscription growth continued in 2022, adding around 320 million subscriptions. 5G is the only increasing subscription type in the area, with 1 billion subscribers predicted by the end of 2023. The quick expansion of 5G subscriptions, aided by the availability of additional 5G device models, has benefited Japan's 5G device industry.
Market Key Developments
- In June 2022, Avnet Inc. and Fujikura Ltd. teamed together to build a cutting-edge 5G FR2 phased array antenna software platform for mmWave frequency bands. With Fujikura's FutureAccessTM PAAM and AMD Xilinx Zynq® UltraScale+TM RFSoC Gen3 and Avnet's tried-and-true RFSoC Explorer® software, sophisticated 5G mmWave systems may be readily designed and prototyped.
- In September 2022, Apple introduced the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus. The elegant design is available in two sizes, 6.1" and 6.7", and includes groundbreaking new safety features. Thanks to excellent battery life, industry-leading durability, and ultra-fast 5G, the iPhone series is more intelligent than ever.
- In June 2022, Lenovo unveiled the new ThinkPad X13s, developed in collaboration with Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., Microsoft, and other firms. It is the world's first laptop to employ the high-end Snapdragon® 8cx Gen 3 computing platform. The ultra-thin design provides increased 5G connectivity choices, such as mmWave3, as well as application support via the Microsoft App Assure program for smooth efficiency, safety, and cooperation.
- In August 2022, Samsung Electronics unveiled the Galaxy Z Flip4 and Galaxy Z Fold4, the company's next generation of revolutionary foldable smartphones. Multitasking on the Z Fold 4 is easier than ever thanks to the powerful Snapdragon® 8+ Gen 1 Mobile Platform and lightning-fast 5G, and games run quicker as well.
Japan 5G Devices Market Scope:
|Market Size Value in 2022||US$12.645 billion|
|Market Size Value in 2028||US$23.006 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 10.49% from 2022 to 2028|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Billion|
|Segments Covered||Device Type, 5G Deployment, And Device Capability|
|Companies Covered||Apple Inc., Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, Fibocom, MediaTek Inc., Fujikura Ltd, Telit Communications PLC, Siemens, Lenovo|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
The Japan 5G devices market has been analyzed through the following segments:
- By Device Type
- Industrial Routers
- FWA CPE
- By 5G Deployment
- Standalone (SA)
- Non-Standalone (NSA)
- By Device Capability
- Baseline Devices
- Redcap Devices
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Bandwidth Availability
4.4. Number of User
5. GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS/POLICIES
6. JAPAN 5G DEVICES MARKET, BY DEVICE TYPE
6.3. Industrial Routers
6.4. FWA CPE
7. JAPAN 5G DEVICES MARKET, BY 5G DEPLOYMENT
7.2. Standalone (SA)
7.3. Non-Standalone (NSA)
8. JAPAN 5G DEVICES MARKET, BY DEVICE CAPABILITY
8.2. Baseline Devices
8.3. Redcap Devices
9. RECENT DEVELOPMENT AND INVESTMENTS
10. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
10.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
10.2. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
11. COMPANY PROFILES
11.1. Apple Inc.
11.2. Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd
11.4. MediaTek Inc.
11.5. Fujikura Ltd
11.6. Telit Communications PLC
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd
Telit Communications PLC
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|5G Services Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Nov 2023|
|5G Fixed Wireless Access Market Size & Share: Report, 2019-2024||Jul 2021|
|Japan 5G Small Cell Market Size: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Feb 2023|
|Japan 5G Base Station Equipment Market Size: Report, 2023 – 2028||Aug 2023|