Non-Woven Abrasives Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Product (Hand Pads, Belts, Discs, Rolls, Wheels, Others), By Substrate (Metal, Glass, Plastic, Composite, Wood, Ceramic), By Application (Construction, Transportation, Electronics & Semiconductors, Industrial, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Jul 2023
- Report Code : KSI061617039
- Pages : 132
The non-woven abrasives market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period.
Non-woven abrasives market is projected to grow at a steady pace. It refers to a web of nylon fibers or other synthetic materials impregnated with abrasive grains and bonded with synthetic resins. These products are ideal for cleaning, deburring, blending, finishing, grinding, sanding, and surface prep. These products are often used in industrial processes to clean and give metal parts a finishing look. The non-woven abrasives market can be classified in the following ways: by product, substrate, application, and geographic region. The major drivers for the growth of the non-woven abrasives industry include increased demand in several booming industries such as automotive and construction.
Types of Non-Woven Abrasive Products.
The non-woven abrasives market is classified by product types as hand pads, belts, discs, rolls, wheels, and others. Non-woven discs are commonly used as backing material for abrasive products and can produce good quality smoothness in surfaces using sandpapers, grinding wheels, etc. These products hold a significant share of the non-woven abrasives industry due to their applications in surface conditioning and polishing for personal or commercial use.
Non-Woven Abrasives Market by Application.
The increase in construction activities, including residential and commercial constructions, owing to the rising population and increasing urbanization, will help boost the demand for non-woven abrasives in this sector, especially in developing countries. The growing demand for consumer electronics by end-users and semiconductors by manufacturers in various industries will also help increase the non-woven abrasives market size in the electronics & semiconductors segment. The transportation sector demand is also expected to grow after taking a hit due to lockdown restrictions.
- Demand by growing industries like electronics and electrical.
The growth of the electronics and electrical industries helps raise the demand for non-woven materials, as some of these electronic devices and electrical applications in the electrical units are made up of non-woven abrasive materials. This increase in the demand for non-woven materials leads to a growth in the non-woven abrasives market size. There is also a great demand for non-woven abrasives from several end-use industries, such as construction, textiles, manufacturing, and industrial machinery. Increasing urbanization and rising living standards are also contributing to the demand for non-woven abrasives by raising the demand for infrastructural developments and residential constructions, where non-woven abrasives are used extensively.
- Demand from the automotive industry.
Non-woven abrasives have multiple uses in the automotive industry, such as for automobile engines, interior and exterior body works, etc. As the demand for automobiles increases, the need for non-woven abrasives will increase proportionately by automobile manufacturers and automotive parts suppliers. Key businesses in the non-woven abrasives market have witnessed a rise in revenues over the past few years due to such efforts. For instance, 3M had an increase in the safety and industrial business segment revenue of over 3% from 2021 to 2022 and produced revenues of roughly US$11,604 million in 2022, with gains from the sale of abrasives accounting for 12% of that figure.
Restraint: Fluctuations in prices
A significant challenge faced by this industry relates to the fluctuating costs of abrasive materials and other components, which hinders the non-woven abrasives market growth as it negatively impacts profitability. The prices of resins are based upon the crude oil prices in the global markets, which fluctuate frequently due to macroeconomic factors. This leads to price instability for non-woven abrasives as resins are required for their production. This can hamper the profitability prospects of suppliers. Thus, this is a very important factor that hinders the growth of the non-woven abrasives industry and restricts market expansion.
- Crown’s Nonwoven abrasive pads are manufactured with the help of a spray-coating technique which helps it to maintain its constant grinding or polishing performance effect for long periods of usage. Its soft features make it suitable for complex shape workpieces, and its design enables easy cutting and folding. The product can be used for various applications, such as paint removing, tire cleaning, scratch blurring, wood polishing, gasket cleaning, satin finishing, stain removing, degreasing, and delustering for metal. Different types of pads are used for other applications based on the grit of the material.
- Weiler’s line of non-woven abrasive products includes its non-woven stem-mounted interleaf flap wheel. This product is designed for usage where there is a need for producing satin or decorative finishes on contoured or irregular surfaces. It is made with a combination of non-woven and coated abrasive materials.
The Asia-Pacific region is expected to hold a significant share of the non-woven abrasives market.
Asia Pacific is expected to constitute a significant share of the non-woven abrasives market, and similar trends are expected to be followed in the forecast period. This market share can be attributed to the growth in automotive and industrial sectors in the region's major economies, such as China, India, and Japan. China is considered a major manufacturing hub and holds one of the largest electronics production bases in the world. These are two key factors that will contribute to the increase in the non-woven abrasives demand by several industries, such as electronics and automotive, in Chinese markets.
In India, the focus on self-reliance has led to an increase in industrial growth all across the nation, which is driving the demand for non-woven abrasives proportionately. Asian countries also account for a large proportion of the world's population, with an increasing percentage leading toward an urbanized way of living. This leads to increased construction and building activities in these regions, further increasing the demand for non-woven abrasives and adding to the non-woven abrasives market value.
- In February 2022, CUMI Abrasives, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carborundum Universal Ltd, Murugappa Group’s abrasives and industrial ceramics maker, announced the acquisition of Rhodius Abrasives from Germany for a value of €55 million. The acquisition was made to enhance the acquirer’s technological and geographical access, as Rhodius has a wide base of operations and distributes its products worldwide.
- In May 2023, Sak Abrasives announced the acquisition of Jowitt and Rodgers Co., based out of Philadelphia, U.S. The company manufactures resin-bonded grinding wheels, segments, and discs in the American markets. It sells its products in several industries, such as automotive parts, cutlery, and bearings. The acquisition is expected to strengthen the acquirer’s presence in the American market, where it already operates through its group company, Buffalo Abrasives.
Non-Woven Abrasives Market Scope:
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 6.5% from 2021 to 2028|
|Forecast Period||2023 – 2028|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Billion|
|Segments Covered||Product, Substrate, Industry Vertical, And Geography|
|Regions Covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies Covered||3M, ARC ABRASIVES, INC., Kanai Juyo Kogyo Co., Ltd., Mirka Ltd., Compagnie de Saint-Gobain, sia Abrasives Industries AG, Tailin Abrasives Corporation, Valgro Engineers Pvt. Ltd., Even Cut Abrasives Company|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
- By Product
- Hand Pads
- By Substrate
- By Industry Vertical
- Building and Construction
- Transportation and Logistics
- Electrical and Electronics
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
2.2. Research Process
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. NON-WOVEN ABRASIVES MARKET BY PRODUCT
5.2. Hand Pads
6. NON-WOVEN ABRASIVES MARKET BY SUBSTRATE
7. NON-WOVEN ABRASIVES MARKET BY INDUSTRY VERTICAL
7.2. Building and Construction
7.3. Transportation and Logistics
7.4. Electrical and Electronics
8. NON-WOVEN ABRASIVES MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.3. South America
8.4.3. United Kingdom
8.5. Middle East And Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.4. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.2. ARC ABRASIVES, INC.
10.3. Kanai Juyo Kogyo Co., Ltd
10.4. Mirka Ltd
10.5. Compagnie de Saint-Gobain
10.6. sia Abrasives Industries AG
10.7. Tailin Abrasives Corporation
10.8. Valgro Engineers Pvt. Ltd.
10.9. Even Cut Abrasives Company
ARC ABRASIVES, INC.
Kanai Juyo Kogyo Co., Ltd.
Compagnie de Saint-Gobain
Tailin Abrasives Corporation
Valgro Engineers Pvt. Ltd.
Even Cut Abrasives Company
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Non Woven Tape Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2019 - 2024||May 2021|
|Synthetic Latex Polymers Market Size: Industry Report, 2021-2026||Jul 2021|
|Specialty Adhesive Tape Market Size: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Sep 2022|
|Non-Woven Adhesive Tape Market Size: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Jun 2022|
|Adhesive Bandages Market Size & Share: Report, 2022–2027||Jul 2022|