Agricultural Sprayers Market Size, Share, Opportunities, COVID-19 Impact, And Trends By Type (Handheld, Tractor-mounted, Trailed, Aerial, Others), By Application (Field Sprayers, Gardening Sprayers, Orchard Sprayers), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2022 To 2027
- Published : Nov 2022
- Report Code : KSI061613157
- Pages : 138
The global agricultural sprayers market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 6.27% over the forecast period to reach a market size of US$9141.255 million in 2027 from US$5,972.477 million in 2020.
An agriculture sprayer is a type of device, which is used, for spraying chemicals and substances such as herbicides, pesticides, insecticides, and fungicides to keep the food crops safe and the quality of the yield up to the mark. There are several types of sprayers that are used to deliver these chemicals all over the field and have different pressure ranges, fluid rates, coverage potential, and capacity among others. Some of the sprayer types are self-propelled, aerial, tractor-mounted, trailed, and handheld.
Increased demand for food and farm products to propel the market
The market for agricultural sprayers is witnessing healthy growth over the next five years which may be attributed to the globally growing demand for food owing to the growing global population. Also, the growing focus of the farmers to increase their output and enhance their productivity has further propelled the adoption of agricultural sprayers since these sprayers enable the farmers to cover a larger area in a short time span.
Regulations and organic farming trends to boost the market potential
Moreover, stringent regulations regarding the safety and quality of crops further play a major role in shaping the global agricultural sprayers market growth since the increased usage of chemicals and sprayers to protect the crop from any bacterial attack and spoilage and to reduce the risk of contamination or insects and fungal attacks will supplement the market growth in the coming five years. Moreover, the burgeoning trend of organic farming in both developed and developing economies further expands the business growth opportunities for the market players soon as well.
Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on Agricultural Sprayers Market
The advent of COVID-19 is projected to have a moderate impact on market growth as during the initial days of the outbreak the supply chain activities globally were hit hard leading to a non-availability of materials for the manufacturers. Also, trade restrictions further caused a slump in order deliveries to the respective end-users. However, the restriction being eased off and global trade going back to normal coupled with the constantly running operations in the agricultural sector globally further offset the negative impact on the market growth, thus leading to positive yet slow market growth for the year 2020.
Key Developments in the market
There is a significant volume of companies working in the agricultural sprayers market, however, some have solidified their position as the leading providers in this industry. These players are involved in a plethora of investments, product launches, and R&D as a part of their growth strategies to further strengthen their position and provide better products and services to their customers worldwide, which is further expected to propel the growth of the market in the coming years. For instance, In March 2018, Apache Sprayers announced the launch of its new sprayer model AS630. This model was equipped with the JCB Powershift transmission, with a 163hp engine by Cummins, and was a compact-sized self-propelled agricultural sprayer.
There were different boom options made available for this model also. The boom was made of steel and offered up to 60/90 –foot lengths, which would add significantly to some operations. The technology used for the delivery of the chemicals was the ACE hydraulically-driven centrifugal pump. The model has a 50-gallon rinse tank as well as a sprayer tank with 650 gallons capacity. Moreover, the players have also expanded their R&D budgets for GPS-based spraying technologies and standalone driverless sprayers further showing the high growth potential of the global agricultural sprayers market in the long run.
The segmentation of the global agricultural sprayers market has been done into type, application, and geography. On the basis of type, the classification of the market has been done as handheld, tractor-mounted, trailed, aerial, and others. On the basis of application, the market has been distributed into field sprayers, gardening sprayers, and orchard sprayers. Geographically, the global market has been segmented on the basis of North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and the Asia Pacific.
Handheld sprayers to hold a decent share of the market
Based on type, the handheld segment is expected to hold a significant amount of share in the market owing to the fact that it is used in many small to medium-sized fields for crops and is preferred by many of the farmers who cannot afford to use other methods. This is one of the cheapest methods to deliver chemicals to food crops.
APAC to hold a considerable share of the market
Geographically, the Asia Pacific region is projected to hold a significant share of the market on account of the presence of the two largest producing economies such as India and China with a promising share in the global agricultural output. Moreover, the high demand for food and the growing government focus on food safety has further propelled the usage of agrochemicals which has further supplemented the demand for sprayers across the growing countries of the region.
- May 2021: Robert Bosch GmbH, BASF Digital Farming GmbH, and Raven Industries Inc. have signed a proof-of-concept collaboration agreement with AGCO with the aim of evaluating specific target spraying technology to enhance the application of crops protection products more efficiently and effectively by lowering crop input costs while promoting farm and environmental sustainability. Targeted spraying proof of concept technology from AGCO, Bosch, xarvio Digital Farming Solutions enabled by BASF, and Raven Industries Inc. was applied on Fendt Rogator application equipment. The targeted spraying PoC will concentrate on using real-time sensing technology to decide on crop protection to promote the reduction in herbicide application.
- August 2022: Trimble revealed that it had signed a binding contract to buy privately held Bilberry, a French technology business that specializes in systems for selective spraying in sustainable agriculture. In the application of artificial intelligence (AI) technology, Bilberry is a pioneer in identifying a wide range of weed species in real time for a wide range of crop kinds. By using the technique, sprayers can be refitted with the technology to only spray herbicide on weeds (green-on-green) as opposed to a whole crop or barren land.
- Kubota XTS4 trailed sprayer: The Kubota XTS4 trailed sprayer is made for accurate, simple, and affordable spraying. The XTS4 is offered with three different tank capacities: 3400, 4000, and 4600 liters, and two distinct boom types: the HSA aluminum (24–33m) and the HSS steel (32–40m) boom. The ISOBUS 11783 compatibility of the XTS4 series ensures simple plug-and-play operation with the k-Monitor, K-Monitor PRO, or any other AEF-approved terminal. It offers two boom options: the high-tech HSA aluminum spray boom or the robust HSS steel spray boom.
- HELLIOS III: HELLIOS III sprayers, in contrast to other self-propelled sprayers, features a balanced and enough engine power to ensure outstanding traction. This is one benefit of HELLIOS III's small weight and hydromechanical transmission. Wide opening and precisely designed form make for easier assimilation and better overall ergonomics. It offers a high-performance container and integrated cone rinsing system, even on your larger container. Additionally, a cleaning pistol is included for thoroughly cleaning the inductor and the surrounding equipment.
Agricultural Sprayers Market Scope:
|Market Size Value in 2020||US$5,972.477 million|
|Market Size Value in 2027||US$9141.255 million|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 6.27% from 2020 to 2027|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Million|
|Segments Covered||Type, Application, And Geography|
|Regions Covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies Covered||AGCO Corporation, HUDSON, Deere & Company, Kubota Agricultural Machinery India Pvt. Ltd., Exel Industries Groupe, Aspee, Dal Degan S.R.L., MARUYAMA Mfg., Co. Inc., BGROUP S.p.A.|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
- By Type
- By Application
- Field Sprayers
- Gardening Sprayers
- Orchard Sprayers
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. COVID-19 Scenario
1.3. Market Definition
1.4. Market Segmentation
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. GLOBAL AGRICULTURAL SPRAYERS MARKET ANALYSIS, BY TYPE
6. GLOBAL AGRICULTURAL SPRAYERS MARKET ANALYSIS, BY APPLICATION
6.2. Field Sprayers
6.3. Gardening Sprayers
6.4. Orchard Sprayers
7. GLOBAL AGRICULTURAL SPRAYERS MARKET ANALYSIS, BY GEOGRAPHY
7.2. North America
7.3. South America
7.4.3. United Kingdom
7.5. Middle East and Africa
7.5.1. Saudi Arabia
7.6. Asia Pacific
7.6.3. South Korea
8. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
8.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
8.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
8.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
8.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
9. COMPANY PROFILES
9.1. AGCO Corporation
9.3. Deere & Company
9.4. Kubota Agricultural Machinery India Pvt. Ltd.
9.5. Exel Industries Groupe
9.7. Dal Degan S.R.L.
9.8. MARUYAMA Mfg., Co. Inc.
9.9. BGROUP S.p.A.
Kubota Agricultural Machinery India Pvt. Ltd.
Exel Industries Groupe
Dal Degan S.R.L.
MARUYAMA Mfg., Co. Inc.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Indoor Farming Technology Market Size: Report, 2022-2027||Apr 2022|
|Agriculture Sprayers Market Report | Size, Share & Trends | 2019 - 2024||Mar 2020|
|Agricultural Testing Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2019 - 2024||Mar 2020|
|Smart Agriculture Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2019 - 2024||Mar 2020|
|Crop Spraying Drones Market Size: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Dec 2022|