Anemometer Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Type (Vane Anemometer, Cup Anemometer, Hot-Wire Anemometer, Others), By Product Type (Digital, Analog), By End User (Aerospace, Marine, Energy & Power, Meteorology, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Nov 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615648
- Pages : 141
The anemometer market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.90% during the forecast period.
An anemometer is a device designed to quantify both the speed and direction of the wind. Anemometers find applicability in aerospace, marine, energy & power, meteorology, and other sectors that rely on such devices to gather accurate wind data for operational efficiency, safety, and decision-making. Vane anemometers, cup anemometers, and hot-wire anemometers are different types of anemometers. The growth of industries such as aerospace and marine sectors significantly contributes to the expansion of the anemometer market size.
Growing demand for wind energy bolsters the anemometer market growth.
The booming global demand for clean energy, particularly wind power, has emerged as a pivotal catalyst for the expansion of the anemometer industry. Anemometer by providing accurate wind speed and direction data enables effective assessment and utilization of wind resources, thereby contributing to the overall growth of the anemometer market. According to the International Energy Agency, in 2020, India added 0.3 GW of wind capacity. Similarly, in the European region, net onshore wind electricity capacity stood at 13.7 GW in 2022 and 17.9 GW in 2023 respectively.
The booming aviation sector drives the anemometer market expansion.
Anemometers provide accurate wind speed and direction measurements, essential for safe take-offs, landings, and in-flight operations. Such devices facilitate real-time weather monitoring and wind assessment which enable pilots and air traffic controllers to make informed decisions and enhance flight safety. According to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, in 2022, the number of passengers carried by U.S. airlines experienced an increase of 194 million passengers compared to the previous year, representing a remarkable 30% year-to-year rise. For the entire year, from January to December, U.S. airlines transported a total of 853 million passengers (unadjusted), surpassing the figures of 658 million passengers in 2021 and 388 million passengers in 2020.
Rise in the marine sector drives anemometer market growth.
Anemometers, which measure wind speed and direction, are crucial instruments for maritime operations, including ship navigation, offshore platforms, and port management. With the increasing emphasis on safety and efficiency in marine transportation, the demand for accurate and reliable anemometers is rising. These instruments aid in optimizing vessel routes, enhancing fuel efficiency, and ensuring the safety of ships and crew. According to the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, in 2022, shipments in the global market witnessed a positive growth of approximately 3.2%, reaching a notable volume of 11 billion tons. This remarkable improvement of 7 percentage points compared to the decline experienced in 2020 highlights the recovery in the shipping industry.
North America is anticipated to dominate the anemometer market.
The North American region is expected to dominate the anemometer market primarily due to the region's growing wind energy capacity which has fuelled the demand for anemometers in wind farm installations and wind resource assessment. Technological advancements, robust infrastructure development, and a well-established meteorological network have also contributed to regional market growth. According to the Department of Energy, in 2021, the wind industry in the United States successfully added an impressive 13,413 megawatts (MW) of new wind capacity. This significant achievement propelled the cumulative total of installed wind capacity to reach an impressive 135,886 MW. Additionally, according to the Canadian Renewable Energy Association, in 2022, Canada possessed an installed capacity exceeding 19 gigawatts (GW) of utility-scale wind and solar energy.
High initial cost restrains the anemometer market size.
The cost of advanced and highly precise anemometer models is relatively higher compared to standard alternatives. Such high-cost factors can particularly pose a limitation for small businesses and individuals with budget constraints, potentially restricting their ability to invest in these sophisticated devices and integrate them into their operations or research activities. As a result, the potential benefits of utilizing advanced anemometers, such as improved accuracy in wind speed measurement and a better understanding of atmospheric conditions, may not be fully realized by these entities, leading to a gap in their capabilities and potential insights that could be derived from comprehensive wind data.
- December 2022: LI-COR Environmental acquired Anemoment LLC, a pioneering technology company known for its lightweight and energy-efficient sonic anemometers. This strategic acquisition not only grants LI-COR access to new expertise but also brings in core technologies and product offerings that complement its existing portfolio. By venturing into adjacent markets, this acquisition strengthens LI-COR's long-term growth and stability while bolstering the development and availability of Anemoment products.
- March 2022: Scarlet Tech and Sato Shouji Inc., a prominent Japanese company specializing in professional instruments, jointly revealed their strategic partnership to make inroads into the Japanese market with Scarlet's wireless anemometer series. This collaboration capitalizes on Scarlet Tech's extensive knowledge and proficiency in wireless anemometer technology, complemented by Sato Shouji's established sales and marketing channels in Japan.
- August 2020: Anemoment secured a contract to deploy their state-of-the-art TriSonica Mini Wind and Weather Sensors, which are 3-dimensional ultrasonic anemometers, in various locations surrounding Wrigley Field. This strategic installation aims to collect comprehensive data on wind patterns and weather conditions. The acquired data is then consolidated by Weather Applied Metrics, one of Anemoment's trusted partners, and subsequently shared with Marquee Sports.
- IM124 cup anemometer: Munro Instruments offers the highly regarded IM124 cup anemometer, which has become an industry standard for wind speed assessments. This reliable device stands out for its ability to operate independently without the need for an external power source. The anemometer generates an output signal that accurately reflects the wind speed, allowing for precise measurements. Its design makes it particularly suitable for various applications, including crane operations, offshore rigs, ports, harbors, and shipping terminals.
- HHF141 rotating vane anemometer: Omega Engineering’s HHF141 rotating vane anemometer, is a top-tier instrument renowned for its exceptional quality and ability to deliver highly accurate air velocity measurements even in demanding environments. This user-friendly device features an intuitive interface, making it easy for users to operate and obtain precise airflow data.
Anemometer Market Scope:
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 4.90% from 2021 to 2028|
|Forecast Period||2023 – 2028|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Billion|
|Segments Covered||Type, Product Type, End User, and Geography|
|Regions Covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies Covered||Munro Instruments Limited, Omega Engineering, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Konomax USA Inc., Gill Instruments Limited, R. M. Young Company, SONIC Corporation, ANEOS Corporation, PCE Deutschland GmbH|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
- By Type
- Vane Anemometer
- Cup Anemometer
- Hot-Wire Anemometer
- By Product Type
- By End User
- Energy & Power
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
2.2. Research Processes
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. ANEMOMETER MARKET ANALYSIS, BY TYPE
5.2. Vane Anemometer
5.3. Cup Anemometer
5.4. Hot-Wire Anemometer
6. ANEMOMETER MARKET ANALYSIS, BY PRODUCT TYPE
7. ANEMOMETER MARKET ANALYSIS, BY END-USER
7.4. Energy & Power
8. ANEMOMETER MARKET ANALYSIS, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.3. South America
8.5. Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.3. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Market Share Analysis
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. Munro Instruments Limited
10.2. Omega Engineering, Inc.
10.4. Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
10.5. Konomax USA Inc.
10.6. Gill Instruments Limited
10.7. R. M. Young Company
10.8. SONIC Corporation
10.9. ANEOS Corporation
10.10. PCE Deutschland GmbH
Munro Instruments Limited
Omega Engineering, Inc.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Gill Instruments Limited
R. M. Young Company
PCE Deutschland GmbH
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Wind Turbine Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Oct 2023|
|Wind Conversion System Market Size: Industry Report, 2023 – 2028||Feb 2023|
|Airborne Wind Energy Market Size & Growth: Report, 2023-2028||Aug 2023|
|Re-Powering Market Size & Trends: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Aug 2023|