Erythropoietin Drugs Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Type (Biologics, Biosimilars), By Product (Erythropoietin, Darbepoetin-alfa), By Application (Cancer, Renal Diseases, Neurology, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Oct 2023
- Report Code : KSI061616114
- Pages : 143
The erythropoietin drugs market is projected to show steady growth during the forecast period.
Erythropoietin drugs are used to treat anaemia, which is a condition characterized by a low number of red blood cells. The erythropoietin stimulating agents (ESAs) are recombinant versions of erythropoietin produced pharmacologically via recombinant DNA technology in cell cultures. ESAs include epoetin alfa, darbepoetin, and methoxy polyethylene glycol-epoetin beta. The lower the pO2, the more prominent the creation of EPO. ESAs are for the most part shown in conditions where there is debilitated red platelet creation. Some athletes improperly use EPO drugs to boost their performance because EPO increases the availability of oxygen to their muscles. However, the use of EPO drugs can have serious health consequences as well.
The erythropoietin drugs market is a growing market that deals with the production and distribution of erythropoietin-stimulating agents (ESAs). ESAs are recombinant versions of erythropoietin produced pharmacologically via recombinant DNA technology in cell cultures. The market is driven by the increasing incidence of anaemia, particularly in the aging population, and the growing demand for biosimilars. The market can be segmented based on drug class, product, application, and geography. Asia Pacific dominates the global erythropoietin drugs market. Key players operating in the erythropoietin drugs market include Mayo Clinic, Weefsel Pharma, Trumac Healthcare, and Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Increasing incidence of anemia: The rising rate of weakness, especially in the maturing populace, is driving the interest in erythropoietin drugs.
- Growing demand for biosimilars: The market for erythropoietin drugs is seeing a developing pattern of biosimilars, which are less expensive options in contrast to marked drugs. This is driven by the need to decrease medical care costs and further develop admittance to these medications for patients.
- Increasing research and development activities: The developing innovative work (Research and Development) exercises in the field of erythropoietin drugs are supposed to prompt the advancement of new medications and treatments, which will drive market development.
- Growing adoption in emerging markets: The rising commonness of persistent sicknesses like malignant growth, ongoing kidney illness (CKD), and HIV in developing business sectors is driving the reception of erythropoietin drugs in these business sectors. This is supposed to help the market development before long.
- Patents being protected: The biologics erythropoietin portion is supposed to rule the market during the gauge time frame, this is because of licenses being secured.
Products offered by key companies:
- Mayo Clinic offers a range of erythropoietin drugs to treat anemia, including epoetin alfa, darbepoetin, and methoxypolyethylene glycol-epoetin beta. The clinic also provides comprehensive care for patients with anemia, including diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up care.
- Weefsel Pharma's erythropoietin injection is a treatment for anaemia caused by kidney disorders and chemotherapy.
Prominent growth in the renal disorders segment within the erythropoietin drugs market:
The erythropoietin drug market is expected to grow steadily in the coming years, driven by the increasing prevalence of anemia caused by end-stage renal disease treatment, chemotherapy, and antiretroviral therapy. The kidney disorders segment (ESRD and dialysis) accounted for a significant share in 2020 and is expected to maintain a strong growth trajectory during the forecast period. The rising incidence of chronic diseases such as cancer, chronic kidney disease (CKD), and HIV is fueling the demand for erythropoietin drugs. However, the introduction of biosimilar erythropoietin (EPO) in the US market in 2018, the impending patent expiry of Aranesp in 2024 in the US, declining prices, and the development of alternative products such as HIF prolyl-hydroxylase inhibitors are moderating the growth of the erythropoietin drugs market. The biologics erythropoietin segment is expected to remain dominant during the forecast period, as patents for these drugs are still in effect.
The Asia Pacific region is expected to hold a significant share of the Erythropoietin drugs market:
The Asia Pacific region is expected to hold a significant share of the erythropoietin drugs market, driven by the rapidly increasing population and the high prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer and chronic kidney disease (CKD). The region is a promising market for the growth of erythropoietin, and the majority of originator companies for erythropoietin are focusing on the Asia-Pacific market. India and China are major erythropoietin biosimilar markets, and the region demonstrates the largest share of the biosimilar industry, owing to the development of biosimilars by major manufacturers in these regions. The majority of biosimilar manufacturers in Asia-Pacific can afford to launch biosimilar versions of erythropoietin at 25–40% less price than innovator products. The Asia-Pacific and LAMEA regions offer promising growth opportunities for erythropoietin manufacturers as these regions are less explored for erythropoietin.
- In July 2020, Amgen reported that after 27/28 weeks of regularly scheduled treatment with Aranesp(R) (darbepoetin alfa), patients with low-risk myelodysplastic disorders who had not recently received an erythropoiesis-stimulating agent (ESA) achieved a significant response rate of 59%, with increased haemoglobin levels and improvements in fatigue.
- In May 2018, the FDA supported Retacrit (epoetin alfa-PBX) as a biosimilar to Epogen/Procrit (epoetin alfa) for the therapy of paleness brought about by persistent kidney illness, chemotherapy, or utilization of zidovudine in patients with HIV disease.
- By Type
- By Product
- By Application
- Renal Diseases
- By Geography
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
2.2. Research Process
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. ERYTHROPOIETIN DRUGS MARKET, BY TYPE
6. ERYTHROPOIETIN DRUGS MARKET, BY PRODUCT
7. ERYTHROPOIETIN DRUGS MARKET, BY APPLICATION
7.3. Renal Diseases
8. ERYTHROPOIETIN DRUGS MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.2.1. United States
8.3. South America
8.4.1. United Kingdom
8.5. The Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.4. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Market Share Analysis
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. Mayo Clinic
10.2. Weefsel Pharma
10.3. Trumac Healthcare
10.4. Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
10.6. Rewine Pharmaceuticals
10.7. Kyowa Kirin
10.9. ACRO Biosystems
10.10. Fierce Pharma
Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Transplant Immunosuppressive Drugs Market Size: Report, 2023-2028||Aug 2023|
|Diabetes Care Drugs Market Size: Industry Report, 2022–2027||Oct 2022|
|Prescription Drugs Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2022 – 2027||Sep 2022|
|Antipsychotic Drugs Market Size: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Nov 2023|
|Brain Tumor Drugs Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Nov 2023|