Folding Cartons Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Structure Type (Full Seal End, Reverse Tuck End, Straight Tuck End, Tuck Top Auto-Bottom, Double Glued Sidewall, Others), By Wall Construction (Single-Wall Corrugated Sheet, Double-Wall Corrugated Packaging, Triple-Wall Corrugated Packaging), By End-User (Hardware And Electrical, Food And Beverage, Personal Care, Healthcare, Household, Others), By Material Type (Solid Unbleached Board, Whitelined Chip Board, Folding Box Board, Solid Bleached Board), By Order Type (Standard, Customized), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Aug 2023
- Report Code : KSI061614669
- Pages : 151
The folding cartons market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.15%, reaching US$126.359 billion in 2028 from US$101.717 billion in 2021.
Folding cartons are versatile in terms of production sizes and have a lesser environmental impact than other bulkier packaging alternatives; folding carton packaging is one of the most popular eco-friendly packaging solutions. The continuous demand for dry goods, cigarettes, and frozen/chilled meals, particularly in emerging nations, is a major factor in the expansion of the folding carton packaging business. Throughout the projected period, there will be a consistent demand for folding carton market packaging from developed economies.
According to Invest India, National Investment Promotion & Facilitation Agency, in 2022, Paper, paperboard, and newsprint exports totaled $3179.24 million in 2021–2022 compared to $ 1940.94 million the year before. This contributed about $ 1238.30 million (or a 63% rise in percentage terms) to the country's growth.
Growing use in the food and beverage industry
Folding carton packaging is the product of choice in the packaged food industry. It is utilized in various dry goods, including pasta, rice, dried fruits and vegetables, nuts, dried beans and peas, powdered milk, potatoes in a box, and dried beans and peas. The industry is expanding because of shifting eating behaviors and the impact of Western culture on consumer dietary patterns. These factors make it easier to consume easily available food that doesn't require further preparation, further driving the folding cartons market growth.
Impact on the market post initial phase of COVID.
Post-pandemic has influenced the morning cereal industry. For instance, Kellogg's India added Froot Loops to its line of breakfast cereals in 2021 to capitalize on rising in-home packaged goods consumption. Such events are increasing the need for folding cartons. Many folding carton producers have introduced new products to the market in response to consumer demand for sustainability. For instance, Elopak introduced its Pure-Pak eSense carton, an aseptic carton without an aluminum layer, in August 2021. The packaging approach is mainly intended for milk packing. To meet the growing demand for carton-packed milk products nationwide, SIG India introduced a comparable folding carton aseptic packaging in March 2022.
The United States is the dominant market in the North American region.
Firstly, the thriving e-commerce industry necessitates efficient and sturdy packaging solutions like folding cartons to ensure safe transportation and attractive presentation of products during shipping. Major online retail platforms and well-established brick-and-mortar brands have a strong hold on sales, with Amazon capturing the largest share of the U.S. e-commerce market at 38.1% in 2022, followed by Walmart at 5.3% and eBay at 4.7%. These dominant players in the market continue to shape the landscape of online retailing.
Secondly, folding cartons offer protective features and can be customized to meet specific product requirements, ensuring the safety and integrity of the packaged goods while maintaining high-quality standards.
Furthermore, technological advancements enable enhanced printing capabilities, creative designs, and efficient production processes, allowing folding carton manufacturers to deliver visually appealing and innovative packaging solutions.
- In July 2021, the biggest independent folding carton converter in North America, Ameri Craft Carton Inc., sold all its assets to Graphic Packaging International. The transaction includes seven converting facilities spread across the United States and is in the reportable segment for America's Paperboard Packaging.
- In May 2022, Smurfit Kappa said it would spend more than EUR 35 million to establish Morocco's first corrugated packaging factory. Smurfit Kappa will be able to provide its local customers quickly and efficiently with cutting-edge and ecologically friendly packaging solutions due to the 25,000 m2 plant, which is in Rabat.
- In March 2022, Stora Enso Oyj introduced the CarrEco Brown bag, made completely of natural fibers. The cloth has excellent strength and tear resistance properties and is safe for direct food contact. To increase productivity and produce solid bleached sulfate board (SBS) products, Sappi North America, a leading global manufacturer and supplier of a variety of wood fiber products, recently announced the approval of a $418 million capital project at its Somerset Mill in Skowhegan, Maine. The project will be financed by free cash flow.
- In April 2023, August Faller, a German pharmaceutical and healthcare packaging manufacturer, stated that it would be increasing the manufacturing of folding cartons in Denmark by establishing a new factory in Horsens.
- In September 2021, as a global software provider for the label and packaging industries, Cerm expanded its MIS by adding a comprehensive and scalable end-to-end alternative for converters in the folding carton and rigid box markets.
Folding Cartons Market Scope:
|Market Size Value in 2021||US$101.717 billion|
|Market Size Value in 2028||US$126.359 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 3.15% from 2021 to 2028|
|Forecast Period||2023 – 2028|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Billion|
|Segments Covered||Structure Type, Wall Construction, End-User, Material Type, Order Type, and Geography|
|Regions Covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies Covered||AR Packaging Group AB, Great Little Box Company Ltd., DS Smith, Amcor plc, WestRock Company., Rengo Co., Ltd., Mayr-Melnhof Karton AG, Great Little Box Company Ltd., Stora Enso|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
- By Structure Type
- Full Seal End
- Reverse tuck end
- Straight tuck end
- Tuck Top Auto-Bottom
- Double Glued Sidewall
- By Wall Construction
- Single-Wall Corrugated Sheet
- Double-Wall Corrugated Packaging
- Triple-Wall Corrugated Packaging
- By End-User
- Hardware and Electrical
- Food and Beverage
- Personal Care
- By Material Type
- Solid Unbleached Board
- Whitelined Chip Board
- Folding Box Board
- Solid Bleached Board
- By Order Type
- By Geography
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
2.3. Research Design
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. FOLDING CARTONS MARKET BY STRUCTURE TYPE
5.2. Full Seal End
5.3. Reverse tuck end
5.4. Straight tuck end
5.5. Tuck Top Auto-Bottom
5.6. Double Glued Sidewall
6. FOLDING CARTONS MARKET BY WALL CONSTRUCTION
6.2. Single-Wall Corrugated Sheet
6.3. Double-Wall Corrugated Packaging
6.4. Triple-Wall Corrugated Packaging
7. FOLDING CARTONS MARKET BY END-USER
7.2. Hardware and Electrical
7.3. Food and Beverage
7.4. Personal Care
8. FOLDING CARTONS MARKET BY MATERIAL TYPE
8.2. Solid Unbleached Board
8.3. Whitelined Chip Board
8.4. Folding Box Board
8.5. Solid Bleached Board
9. FOLDING CARTONS MARKET BY ORDER TYPE
10. FOLDING CARTONS MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
10.2. North America
10.2.1. By Structure Type
10.2.2. By Wall Construction
10.2.3. By End-User
10.2.4. By Material-Type
10.2.5. By Order Type
10.2.6. By Country
10.3. South America
10.3.1. By Structure Type
10.3.2. By Wall Construction
10.3.3. By End-User
10.3.4. By Material-Type
10.3.5. By Order Type
10.3.6. By Country
10.4.1. By Structure Type
10.4.2. By Wall Construction
10.4.3. By End-User
10.4.4. By Material-Type
10.4.5. By Order Type
10.4.6. By Country
10.4.6.3. United Kingdom
10.5. Middle East and Africa
10.5.1. By Structure Type
10.5.2. By Wall Construction
10.5.3. By End-User
10.5.4. By Material-Type
10.5.5. By Order Type
10.5.6. By Country
10.5.6.1. Saudi Arabia
10.6. Asia Pacific
10.6.1. By Structure Type
10.6.2. By Wall Construction
10.6.3. By End-User
10.6.4. By Material-Type
10.6.5. By Order Type
10.6.6. By Country
10.6.6.4. South Korea
11. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
11.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
11.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
11.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
11.4. Market Share Analysis
12. COMPANY PROFILES
12.1. AR Packaging Group AB
12.2. Great Little Box Company Ltd.
12.3. DS Smith
12.4. Amcor plc
12.5. WestRock Company.
12.6. Rengo Co., Ltd.
12.7. Mayr-Melnhof Karton AG
12.8. Great Little Box Company Ltd.
12.9. Stora Enso
AR Packaging Group AB
Great Little Box Company Ltd.
Mayr-Melnhof Karton AG
Great Little Box Company Ltd.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Corrugated Packaging Market Share: Industry Size & Trends, 2021-2026||Aug 2021|
|Kraft Paper Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2019-2024||May 2021|
|Pizza Box Market Size, Share & Trends: Industry Report, 2019 - 2024||Jun 2021|
|Corrugated Boxes Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2019-2024||Apr 2021|
|Gable Top Liquid Cartons Market Report: Industry Growth, 2019-2024||May 2021|