Global IV Poles Market Size, Share, Opportunities, COVID-19 Impact, And Trends By Product Type (2 Hook Top, 4 Hook Top, 6 Hook Top, 8 Hook Top), By Material Type (Stainless Steel, Chrome Plated Steel, Others), By End-User (Hospitals And Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2022 To 2027
- Published : Sep 2022
- Report Code : KSI061613619
- Pages : 148
The global IV poles market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.26% to reach US$495.62 million by 2027, from US$323.953 million in 2020.
The rising prevalence of diseases such as Diarrhea, and Hypoglycemia, among others, that leads to significant water loss in the body is boosting the growth of the market.
There are many diseases that lead to significant fluid loss, which causes dehydration, and thus intravenous fluid therapy is used in order to replace those fluids so as to aid in the proper function of bodily functions. The most common types of IV fluids used are NaCl and glucose. Therefore, these factors are leading to an increase in the demand for IV poles in order to hang the IV bags effectively, so that the fluid can be administered at a given rate effectively.
The increasing number of serious diseases that require the administration of pain medication and antibiotics in the body is also a contributing factor in fueling the demand and propelling the market growth further over the forecast period. There are increasing cases of cancer such as colon cancer, lung cancer, and pancreatic cancer among others, which is leading to a large number of individuals that are going for chemotherapy sessions. It is increasing the demand for IV poles in order to suspend the IV containing the chemotherapy chemicals.
Moreover, there are an increasing number of individuals that are going for surgical operations, which is causing a surge in the demand for antibiotics, or the administration of other drugs such as valium and morphine for effective pain management that the patients may feel post operations or for the administration of anaesthetics before the operations start. Thus, these factors are leading to an increased demand for IV poles and contributing to the augmentation in the market.
Product Offerings by Major Market Players in the IV Poles Market Space
The offering of better and more advanced varieties of IV poles with enhanced technologies such as quality and durability, among other properties, by existing and new players in different markets is estimated to lead to increased adoption and propel the market growth further over the forecast period.
COVID-19 has positively impacted the market because more people were admitted to hospitals after contracting COVID-19, this had a beneficial effect on the IV Poles market. During this pandemic phase, there has been a sharp increase in the need for IV poles due to the large number of patients who needed to receive medication and saline, particularly in the ICU section where continuous infusions of medication were required. Additionally, the market for IV Poles is expected to have profitable expansion due to ongoing mutation and the global outbreak of new pandemic waves.
- FEB 2022- The Kinaxis Rapid Response platform will be used by Cardinal Health to improve supply chain agility and medical product visibility.
Some examples of product offerings are as follows:
- United Metal Fabricators, Inc., which is one of the leading medical equipment manufacturers that offers a range of products from examination tables, stools, and treatment tables, among other items, also offers IV poles. It offers a product called the “For Hook I.V Pole”, which is made using a telescopic stainless steel rod that has been secured in place via a positive locking handwheel.
- CARE QUIP PTY LTD, which is a company that is involved in the provision of medical equipment and other healthcare products offers a variety of I.V. poles under their portfolio. It offers different products, some of which, are “Stackable IV pole” and “IV pole with weighted base and economy base”. The “Stainless steel IV pole”, is manufactured using 304 Grade stainless steel and is available in two and four-hook versions. These products are suited best for the operating theatre or clinical environment. They have a weighted base to give extra stability to the stand. On the other hand, the IV stand with the economic base has been manufactured using a chromed steel pole, has a nylon-based economy base, and sports a two-hook design, with adjustable height capabilities. The “Stackable IV Pole” is designed in such a way that it has bases that facilitate multiple stands to be stacked and stored together when they are not in use and is ideal for the wards of hospital areas where the IV drips are not used regularly.
- Provita medical gmbh & co. kg., which is a company dealing in the provision of medical goods and solutions offers IV poles for use in different applications under its portfolio. Some of the products, it provides, are IV which stands for normal care, IV stands for ICU, and IV stands for Premium care. The IV stands for normal care and is available in different configurations according to the user preferences such as type of materials, type of castors, type of added weight, type of bottle holder, and type of height adjustments. Similarly, the ICU variant that is available is offered in different configurations, such as a bottle bar with a capacity of holding up to 6 bottles of IV fluids.
The North American region is expected to hold a considerable share over the forecast period, and the Asia Pacific region is expected to witness a significant increase in its market share over the forecast period
The Asia Pacific region is projected to witness significant growth over the forecast period, owing to the increasing investments being made by the market players and government bodies to accelerate the development of the healthcare sector and provide patients with the highest quality of healthcare equipment and supplies.
Moreover, the North American region is expected to hold a considerable share over the forecast period due to the rising number of the geriatric and middle-aged population going in for surgical procedures and escalating cases of cancer in countries such as the US, due to sedentary lifestyles of the population.
Ambulatory Surgical Centers, to hold a considerable share and grow at a notable pace over the forecast period.
There is a surge in the number of individuals that are preferring outpatient services and minimally invasive surgeries, which are also known as ambulatory surgical centres. This is attributable to the fact that the period of stay involved in these surgical centres is less, the surgeries and procedures are completed within a day, and results are also disclosed faster, thus making it more convenient for the patients. In addition, the growth in the geriatric population is also adding to the market growth of this segment and aiding it to grow at a significant pace.
Global IV Poles Market Scope:
|Market size value in 2020||US$323.953 million|
|Market size value in 2027||US$495.62 million|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 6.26% from 2020 to 2027|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Million|
|Segments covered||Product Type, Material Type, End-User, And Geography|
|Regions covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies covered||3M, Cardinal Health, Promotal, Besco Medical, Villard, provita medical gmbh & co. kg., United Metal Fabricators, Inc., Mid Central Medical, Zhangjiagang Medi Medical Equipment Co., ltd, CARE QUIP PTY LTD|
|Customization scope||Free report customization with purchase|
- By Product Type
- 2 Hook Top
- 4 Hook Top
- 6 Hook Top
- 8 Hook Top
- By Material Type
- Stainless Steel
- Chrome Plated Steel
- By End-User
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centres
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What will be the IV poles market size by 2027?
A1. The global IV poles market is projected to reach a market size of US$495.62 million by 2027.
Q2. What are the growth prospects for the IV poles market?
A2. The IV poles market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.26% during the forecast period.
Q3. Which region holds the largest market share in the global IV poles market?
A3. The North American region is expected to hold a considerable share in the global IV poles market due to the rising number of the geriatric and middle-aged population going in for surgical procedures and escalating cases of cancer in the region.
Q4. What is the size of the global IV poles market?
A4. IV Poles Market was valued at US$323.953 million in 2020.
Q5. What factors are anticipated to drive the IV poles market growth?
A5. The rising prevalence of diseases such as Diarrhea, and Hypoglycemia, among others, that leads to significant water loss in the body is boosting the growth of the IV poles market.
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. COVID-19 Scenario
1.3. Market Definition
1.4. Market Segmentation
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. IV POLES MARKET ANALYSIS BY PRODUCT TYPE
5.2. 2 Hook Top
5.3. 4 Hook Top
5.4. 6 Hook Top
5.5. 8 Hook Top
6. IV POLES MARKET ANALYSIS BY MATERIAL TYPE
6.2. Stainless Steel
6.3. Chrome Plated Steel
7. IV POLES MARKET ANALYSIS BY END-USER
7.2. Hospitals and Clinics
7.3. Ambulatory Surgical Centres
8. IV POLES MARKET ANALYSIS BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.2.1. North America IV Poles Market Analysis, By Product Type, 2020 to 2027
8.2.2. North America IV Poles Market Analysis, By Material Type, 2020 to 2027
8.2.3. North America IV Poles Market Analysis, By End-User, 2020 to 2027
8.2.4. By Country
8.3. South America
8.3.1. South America IV Poles Market Analysis, By Product Type, 2020 to 2027
8.3.2. South America IV Poles Market Analysis, By Material Type, 2020 to 2027
8.3.3. South America IV Poles Market Analysis, By End-User, 2020 to 2027
8.3.4. By Country
8.4.1. Europe IV Poles Market Analysis, By Product Type, 2020 to 2027
8.4.2. Europe IV Poles Market Analysis, By Material Type, 2020 to 2027
8.4.3. Europe IV Poles Market Analysis, By End-User, 2020 to 2027
8.4.4. By Country
8.5. Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Middle East and Africa IV Poles Market Analysis, By Product Type, 2020 to 2027
8.5.2. Middle East and Africa IV Poles Market Analysis, By Material Type, 2020 to 2027
8.5.3. Middle East and Africa IV Poles Market Analysis, By End-User, 2020 to 2027
8.5.4. By Country
126.96.36.199. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.1. Asia Pacific IV Poles Market Analysis, By Product Type, 2020 to 2027
8.6.2. Asia Pacific IV Poles Market Analysis, By Material Type, 2020 to 2027
8.6.3. Asia Pacific IV Poles Market Analysis, By End-User, 2020 to 2027
8.6.4. By Country
188.8.131.52. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.2. Cardinal Health
10.4. Besco Medical
10.6. provita medical gmbh & co. kg.
10.7. United Metal Fabricators, Inc.
10.8. Mid Central Medical
10.9. Zhangjiagang Medi Medical Equipment Co., ltd
10.10. CARE QUIP PTY LTD
provita medical gmbh & co. kg.
United Metal Fabricators, Inc.
Mid Central Medical
Zhangjiagang Medi Medical Equipment Co., ltd
CARE QUIP PTY LTD
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|IV Bags Market Report: Industry Share & Analysis, 2019-2024||May 2020|
|Lab Equipment Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2022 – 2027||Sep 2022|
|Adhesive Bandages Market Size & Share: Report, 2022–2027||Jul 2022|
|Stethoscope Market Size, Share & Trends: Industry Report, 2022–2027||Sep 2022|
|Medical Supplies Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2022–2027||Aug 2022|