Global Dental Consumables Market Size, Share, Opportunities, COVID-19 Impact, And Trends By Solution (Dental Prosthetics (Crowns, Bridges (Three-Unit, Four-Unit)), Endodontics (Endodontic Files, Obturators, Permanent Endodontic Sealers), Orthodontics (Brackets (Fixed, Removable), Ligatures (Elastomeric Ligatures, Wire Ligatures)), Essentials (Dental Brushes, Dental Floss, Dental Wash Solutions), Periodontics (Dental Sutures, Dental Hemostats), Implants (Root Form Dental Implants, Plate Form Dental Implants), Others), By Material (Metals, Polymers, Ceramics, Biomaterials), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2022 To 2027
- Published : Sep 2022
- Report Code : KSI061613469
- Pages : 120
The dental consumables market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 6.52% to reach a market size of US$47.499 billion in 2027 from US$30.528 billion in 2020.
The increasing number of cases of dental Infections and lack of proper oral care is leading to an increase in the adoption of enhanced and advanced dental consumable products to aid in the proper and effective dental treatment and care in the patients and increase the demand.
Many factors are contributing, out of which the most common cases are the practice of an unhealthy lifestyle by consuming high amounts of sugar, tobacco products, and the increasing harmful amount of alcohol. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), oral health is a serious problem plaguing many individuals. It poses a major health burden affecting different people throughout their lifetime. It is also considered a leading cause of pain, discomfort, and disfigurement. Tooth decay is one of the most common heath conditions, according to the Global Burden of Disease 2017. Moreover, dental caries of primary teeth is a prevalent problem in around 530 million children. Severe periodontal disease, which affects the gums seriously, is a resulting factor of tooth loss and is increasingly common among approximately 10% global population. Most of these oral conditions, however, are largely preventable in the early stages, which encourages market players to adopt enhanced and advanced solutions to boost market growth over the forecast period.
The increasing participation of organizations in taking steps to tackle the unavailability of affordable dental care products and the lack of proper policies for dental treatment for the many individuals in the population is leading to a surge in the market growth
In the majority of countries, the treatment for oral health conditions is expensive and is not covered as a part of universal health coverage (UHC). It is estimated that treating dental problems is around 5% of the total health expenditure and 20% of the out-of-pocket expenditure in many high-income countries. Whereas, as the dental problem is getting severe, majorly all low-income and middle-income countries are unable to provide services to prevent and treat the different oral health conditions. This encourages some market players to offer solutions and products that are affordable. For instance, ClearArc, which is a product by one of the leading companies Western Dental & Orthodontics is offering, is a clear aligning solution for the teeth that is available at around 40% lesser price than the other brands are providing.
Product Offerings by Major Market Players
The better, advanced, and diverse varieties of dental consumables with enhanced properties can effectively prevent and control oral diseases. These products are being offered by existing and new players in different markets is estimated to lead to increased adoption and propel the market growth further over the forecast period.
Some of the examples of the product offerings are as follows:
- Plackers, among the leading brands that provide dental flosses, based in Texas, announced that they had launched a new product called the “Plackers Mega Mint.” This product is a new type of flosser that can facilitate the delivery of a minty blast to provide a fresh breath in a less amount of time, just by the addition of a new flavour patch on the flosser. To use this feature, the person has to simply guide the flavour patch along the surface of their tongue for a fresh feeling. It is available in a ‘‘Plackers Sure-ZIP” bag.
- In January 2019, 3M Oral Care, one of the leading companies dealing in the provision of materials and solutions to cater to the needs of the dental industry, announced that they entered into a partnership with Bioclear to support dentists in performing different state-of-the-art procedures. Under this agreement, 3M is planning to host a series of hands-on training courses to facilitate the education of the Bioclear method. This restorative method is a type of Class II restorative method. In addition, the kits containing the tools required for the Bioclear method, along with the range of restorative products by 3M, will be available for dentists performing these procedures.
Teeth Whitening solutions to hold a considerable share over the forecast period and grow at a noteworthy pace over the forecast period
Teeth whitening solutions are increasingly common and sought-after for dental cosmetic improvement treatments to enhance oral beauty. Teeth whitening is expected to grow and hold a significant share over the forecast period, which is attributable to the fact that there are an increasing number of individuals, particularly women, who are opting for these treatments in most high-income countries. In addition, dental crowns and bridges are also increasingly being used as cosmetics to enhance oral beauty. The middle-aged population and the older population, because of the discolouration and the weakening of the teeth, mainly opt for these solutions.
The North American region holds a considerable share over the forecast period, and the Asia Pacific to grow at a significant pace over the forecast period because of the increasing measures.
The North American region is estimated to hold a significant market share over the forecast period since there are an increasing number of market players that are providing enhanced and aesthetic-improving products to cater to the demands of consumers and dentists.
Moreover, the Asia Pacific region is projected to hold a considerable share over the forecast period and show growth rapidly because measures are being taken to enhance the provision of dental care to the population and increase awareness regarding oral health among the rural population in conjunction with the suggestions and recommendations being put forward in the National Oral Health Policy.
- Young Innovations, a top global provider of dental equipment, purchased Medical Purchasing Solutions in February 2022.
- Envista Holdings Corporation announced in January 2022 that multi-year development cooperation had been finalized to use Assisted Intelligence (AI) to help clinical picture analysis in the dental industry.
- The Xeal and TiUltra surfaces were developed by Nobel Biocare in January 2021. The application of the novel device surfaces to implants and abutments enables ideal tissue fusion at each stage.
- A Canadian distributor of medical and dental goods named Medi-Select was purchased by Medline Industries, Inc. in January 2020.
- In February 2020, Implant Direct announced that its SMART base abutment had obtained 510k approval for use with the Legacy and InterActive Processes and is already offered for sale in the United States.
- Dentsply Sirona and 3Shape partnered in December 2021 to improve the method of taking dental impressions by incorporating 3Shape's software.
- The iTero Element® Plus Series was introduced in February 2021 by Align Technology, Inc. to expand the company's line of iTero Element scanners with imaging systems to include new solutions that cater to a wider range of dental industry.
COVID-19 Impact on Dental Consumables Market
The development of the dental consumables business has been greatly impacted by COVID-19. For instance, the COVID-19 pandemic forced healthcare professionals, including implant dentists, in particular, to take extra precautions to provide excellent care in the safest possible environment, according to a January 2021 article titled "COVID-19 and dental implants: impact and views." The same source also stated that anyone with COVID-19 infection symptoms was not allowed to visit the implant clinic. Additionally, several imaging and diagnostic departments have seen a sharp drop in the number of dental consumables cases as a result of COVID-19. The cumulative imaging volume across seven weeks during the pandemic, compared to 2019, was seen, according to a study published in the Journal of the American College of Radiology (JACR), with all patient service sites and imaging modality types included. Non-essential imaging scans and procedures were delayed restraining the market growth.
Global Dental Consumables Market Scope:
|Market Size Value in 2020||US$30.528 billion|
|Market Size Value in 2027||US$47.499 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 6.52% from 2020 to 2027|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Billion|
|Segments Covered||Solution, Material, And Geography|
|Regions Covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies Covered||KaVo Dental, Colgate-Palmolive Company, 3M, ZimVie Inc., Procter & Gamble, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Dentsply Sirona, Institut Straumann AG, Ivoclar Vivadent, OSSTEM IMPLANT CO., LTD, Henry Schein Orthodontics|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
- By Solution
- Dental Prosthetics
- Endodontic Files
- Permanent Endodontic Sealers
- Elastomeric Ligatures
- Wire Ligatures
- Dental Brushes
- Dental Floss
- Dental Wash Solutions
- Dental Sutures
- Dental Hemostats
- Root Form Dental Implants
- Plate Form Dental Implants
- Dental Prosthetics
- By Material
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. COVID-19 Scenario
1.3. Market Definition
1.4. Market Segmentation
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Research Data
3. Executive Summary
3.1. Research Highlights
4. Market Dynamics
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. Dental Consumables Market Analysis, by Product Type
5.2. Dental Prosthetics
5.3.1. Endodontic Files
5.3.3. Permanent Endodontic Sealers
126.96.36.199. Elastomeric Ligatures
188.8.131.52. Wire Ligatures
5.5.1. Dental Brushes
5.5.2. Dental Floss
5.5.3. Dental Wash Solutions
5.6.1. Dental Sutures
5.6.2. Dental Haemostats
5.7.1. Root Form Dental Implants
5.7.2. Plate Form Dental Implants
6. Dental Consumables Market Analysis, by Material
7. Dental Consumables Market Analysis, by Geography
7.2. North America
7.2.1. United States
7.3. South America
7.5. Middle East and Africa
7.5.1. Saudi Arabia
7.5.2. United Arab Emirates
7.6. Asia Pacific
7.6.4. South Korea
8. Competitive Environment and Analysis
8.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
8.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
8.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
8.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
9. Company Profiles
9.1. KaVo Dental
9.2. Colgate-Palmolive Company
9.4. ZimVie Inc.
9.5. Procter & Gamble
9.6. Koninklijke Philips N.V.
9.7. Dentsply Sirona
9.8. Institut Straumann AG
9.9. Ivoclar Vivadent
9.10. OSSTEM IMPLANT CO., LTD
9.11. Henry Schein Orthodontics
Procter & Gamble
Koninklijke Philips N.V.
Institut Straumann AG
OSSTEM IMPLANT CO., LTD
Henry Schein Orthodontics
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Dental Cement Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2021 - 2026||Jul 2021|
|Dental Laboratory Market Report: Industry Size & Share, 2021-2026||Jul 2021|
|Dental 3D Printing Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2019-2024||May 2020|
|Dental Implant and Prosthetics Market Size & Share: Report, 2022-2027||Nov 2022|
|Dental Appliance Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2022 - 2027||Oct 2022|