Global Personal Protective Equipment Market Size, Share, Opportunities, COVID-19 Impact, And Trends By Type (Head Protection, Foot Protection, Hand Protection, Eye And Face Protection, Hearing Protection, Fall Protection, Respiratory Protection), By End-Use Industry (Mining, Oil And Gas, Construction, Chemical, Pharmaceuticals, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2022 To 2027
- Published : Nov 2022
- Report Code : KSI061613126
- Pages : 138
The global personal protective equipment market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.98%, reaching a market size of US$69.271 billion in 2027 from US$37.929 billion in 2020.
Growing demand for personal protective equipment to ensure the safety of employees working in mining, petrochemicals, and various other industries will fuel the growth of the personal protective equipment market.
Personal protective equipment (PPE) includes clothing and equipment worn by employees, workers, or staff to protect or shield their bodies from workplace hazards like physical, heat, chemicals, electricity, airborne particulate matter, and biohazards. PPE includes a variety of items like protective gear, eye protection, gloves, safety footwear, high-visibility apparel, and life vests that are designed to protect various body parts from severe work-related injuries. Additionally, respiratory protection equipment is included (RPE).
Personal protective equipment can impose a barrier between the wearer and the working environment and hence are used in diverse services and manufacturing industries. Thus, the user is prone to witness additional stress and discomfort and weakening their ability to carry out their work. Thus, ergonomically designed personal protective equipment can help to minimize such barriers and help in ensuring maximum safety and healthy working conditions. The need for PPE is assessed by a person who is competent to judge whether other methods of risk control can offer better protection of safety and health than the provision of PPE. Suitable PPE is also provided for visitors who may be exposed to hazards in the workplace.
The global personal protective equipment market is anticipated to witness steady growth during the given forecast period. Stringent occupational health and safety regulations pertaining to the safety of the workers at the workplace will drive the demand for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) from various end-use industries. Growing employee awareness related to personal safety will also boost the demand for PPE during the given forecast period. Issues affecting the use of PPE include discomfort and inconvenience, and inappropriate or poorly maintained equipment. The rising adoption of the automated process in industries and construction sites requires fewer workers and has resulted in a decreasing demand for personal protective equipment.
By type, the global personal protective equipment market is segmented as head protection, foot protection, hand protection, eye and face protection, hearing protection, fall protection, and respiratory protection. The hand protection segment is projected to witness significant market growth during the forecast period.
By End-Use Industry
In terms of end-user, the global personal protective equipment market is segmented as mining, oil and gas, construction, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and others. The construction industry is likely to provide significant scope for personal protective equipment owing to the rising construction activities in developing economies, thus, rising the demand for personal protective equipment during the given time frame.
Geographically, the global personal protective equipment market is segmented into North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific. North America accounted for a significant market share in 2018 owing to stringent regulations imposed by regulatory bodies such as OSHA. Asia Pacific is projected to witness significant regional market growth during the forecast period. On account of economic growth and rapid industrialization. Growing awareness regarding workplace safety will also augment the growth of the market in the region.
- November 2020: Team Wendy was fully acquired by Avon Rubber p.l.c. The $130 million merger between Avon Protection and Team Wendy will establish them as the world's leading provider of head protection solutions for the military and first responder sectors. With an expanded and larger product range, greater capabilities, and more direct routes to market, the purchase positions Avon Protection as a world leader in military and first responder helmets.
- September 2022: Zentek, a business that develops and commercializes intellectual property, reports that it has signed a Manufacturing and Supply Agreement with Viva Healthcare Packaging to produce and market surgical masks with Zentek's exclusive ZenGUARD antimicrobial coating. According to the Agreement, Zentek will give VMedCare spunbond material that has been coated with ZenGUARDTM, and VMedCare will be in charge of producing and packing the ZenGUARD surgical masks. The sales teams from Zentek and VMedCare will collaborate to promote the ZenGUARD-enhanced surgical masks.
- DuPont Tyvek: The distinctive qualities of DuPont Tyvek provide comfort and protection, whether it's for maintaining home comfort, safeguarding workers from workplace hazards, allowing a safe response to infections, or countless other applications. Tyvek personal protective equipment offers protection against a variety of chemical risks and hazards that satisfies or surpasses industry standards. Tyvek is breathable, light, and strong, making it perfect for a wide range of applications in a variety of sectors. It is also resistant to water, abrasion, microbial penetration, and aging.
- 3MTM Health Care Particulate Respirator and Surgical Mask 1860S: It is a compact surgical mask that helps protect the respiratory system from some airborne biological particles. Because it is disposable, blood and other infectious materials cannot splash or splatter on it. The wearer of this healthcare respirator is intended to benefit from some respiratory protection. It complies with CDC recommendations for limiting exposure to Mycobacterium tuberculosis. It is designed to lessen wearer's exposure to specific airborne particles, such as those produced by electrocautery, laser surgery, and other power medical devices. It is a disposable particulate respirator. As a surgical mask, it is made to withstand fluids, including blood splashes and other contaminations.
Global Personal Protective Equipment Market Scope:
|Market Size Value in 2020||US$37.929 billion|
|Market Size Value in 2027||US$69.271 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 8.98% from 2020 to 2027|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Billion|
|Segments Covered||Type, End-Use Industry, And Geography|
|Regions Covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies Covered||Honeywell International, Inc., DuPont, 3M, Bullard, MSA, Avon Protection, ILC Dover LP, CleanSpace Technology, Radians, Inc. Radians PPE, RSG Safety|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
The global personal protective equipment market has been segmented by type, end-use industry, and geography.
- By Type
- Head Protection
- Foot Protection
- Hand Protection
- Eye and Face Protection
- Hearing Protection
- Fall Protection
- Respiratory Protection
- By End-Use Industry
- Oil and Gas
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. COVID-19 Scenario
1.3. Market Definition
1.4. Market Segmentation
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Research Data
3. Executive Summary
3.1. Research Highlights
4. Market Dynamics
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. Global Personal Protective Equipment Market Analysis, by Type
5.2. Head Protection
5.3. Foot Protection
5.4. Hand Protection
5.5. Eye and Face Protection
5.6. Hearing Protection
5.7. Fall Protection
5.8. Respiratory Protection
6. Global Personal Protective Equipment Market Analysis, by End-Use Industry
6.3. Oil and Gas
7. Global Personal Protective Equipment Market Analysis, by Geography
7.2. North America
7.3. South America
7.4.3. United Kingdom
7.5. Middle East and Africa
7.5.1. Saudi Arabia
7.6. Asia Pacific
7.6.3. South Korea
8. Competitive Environment and Analysis
8.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
8.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
8.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
8.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
9. Company Profiles
9.1. Honeywell International, Inc.
9.6. Avon Protection
9.7. ILC Dover LP
9.8. CleanSpace Technology
9.9. Radians, Inc. Radians PPE
9.10. RSG Safety
Honeywell International, Inc.
ILC Dover LP
Radians, Inc. Radians PPE
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Fire Protection Systems Market Size: Industry Report, 2022 - 2027||Nov 2022|
|Industrial Safety Market Size, Share & Growth: Report, 2021-2026||Mar 2022|
|Flame Resistant Fabrics Market Size & Share: Report, 2022 - 2027||Oct 2022|
|Protective Clothing Market Size & Share: Report, 2023 – 2028||Oct 2023|
|Infection Prevention Product and Services Market Report: 2022–2027||Aug 2022|