Industrial Enzymes Market Size, Share, Opportunities, COVID-19 Impact, And Trends By Product (Lipase, Nuclease, Carbohydrase, Polymerase, Others), By Source (Animal, Plant, Microorganism, Algae), By End-Use Industry (Food And Beverage, Paper And Pulp, Cosmetics, Pharmaceutical, Wastewater, Animal Feed, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2022 To 2027
- Published : Nov 2022
- Report Code : KSI061610005
- Pages : 135
The industrial enzymes market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.9%, reaching a market size of US$10.67 billion in 2027 from US$6.69 billion in 2020.
The booming processed food and beverage industry is augmenting the demand for industrial enzymes to enhance the product’s texture, taste, and flavor.
Rising demand for cosmetics and personal care products due to the growing global aging population and awareness are contributing to the global industrial enzymes market growth. Growing consciousness concerning good health and fitness is leading to the high demand for nutraceuticals, which will bolster the growth of digestive and nutritional enzymes, thereby positively impacting the industrial enzyme market growth over the next five years. Furthermore, the demand for enzymes will intensify during the forecast period owing to their increasing application in animal feed products to boost the digestibility and nutritional value of the feed.
Rapid urbanization, especially in the emerging economies of the world, is further boosting the market demand in the forecast period.
According to UN statistics, there is a growth in the urban population of the world, which increased from around 751 million to around 4.2 billion from 1950 to 2018. The migration of people from rural areas to urban areas has resulted in an increase in disposable income, which in turn has led to the adoption of modern living conditions as well. Thus, this has impacted positively the consumption levels, creating a market demand for the enzymes to be utilized by many industries for the development of innovative products, burgeoning the market growth in the forecast period. Additionally, with rapid urbanization, people are able to attain a better education and are paid well. This has further led to people paying attention to their health and personal hygiene and grooming their appearance, fueling the growth of the global industrial enzymes market during the forecast period.
On the basis of the end-use industry, the market is poised to grow at a significant rate in the forecast period owing to the high demand for enzymes from varied industries at the global level.
The food and beverage industry is expected to hold a major market share during the forecast period. This is due to the increasing demand for enzymes such as carbohydrase, among other enzymes, in food processing, baking, and brewing. The growing need for the development of innovative flavors is further bolstering the growth of the global industrial enzymes market. The demand for food enzymes will remain high during the forecast period due to the growing need to increase the shelf life of food products along with the optimization of the production processes. Additionally, the cosmetics segment will witness the fastest market growth during the forecast period, with a growing demand for low synthetic chemical-based cosmetics by using natural enzymes and developing green cosmetics.
On the basis of geography, North America is expected to hold a significant share in the global industrial enzymes market in the forecast period. Additionally, the APAC region is expected to be among the fastest-growing.
Geographically, North America will hold a significant share of the global industrial enzymes market throughout the forecast period due to the presence of a large number of global key players in the region, high investment in R&D activities, and early adoption of technology across various end-use industries in the region. The European industrial enzymes market will also experience significant growth due to stringent EU regulations owing to concerns regarding the use of chemicals in cosmetics and personal care products. On the other hand, the Asia Pacific region is projected to witness the fastest regional market growth during the forecast period owing to the robust growth of food processing and pharmaceutical industries in emerging economies such as China and India. Mounting concerns over wastewater management will further boost the demand for these enzymes in Asian countries. Furthermore, rapid industrialization and urbanization have led to the robust growth of various end-use industries such as cosmetics, pulp and paper, chemicals, and others in the region, thereby positively boosting the Asia Pacific industrial enzymes market in the forecast period and in the upcoming years.
- June 2022: In order to increase the potential for Evoca, Biotalys' first patented biocontrol, the firm has partnered with Novozymes, a global leader in biotech solutions. Biotalys is an Agricultural Technology (AgTech) company that protects agriculture and food with protein-based biocontrol solutions. According to the agreement, Novozymes will use its knowledge, intellectual property, and know-how to investigate other avenues for the upgrading and manufacturing of the bioactive protein in Evoca, with the possibility of a future commercial partnership.
- February 2021: Following a Reverse Morris Trust transaction, IFF completed the merger of IFF and DuPont's Nutrition & Biosciences ("N&B") business. The united business will keep using the brand name of IFF. With the merger of IFF and N&B, the market for food and beverage, personal care products, and health and wellness products gains a global leader in high-value components and solutions. The company holds dominant positions in the ingredient categories for texture, taste, nutrition, scent, enzymes, cultures, proteins, and probiotics due to the complementary portfolios.
- DuPont Danisco Bonlacta: High-purity lactases like DuPont Danisco Bonlacta can hydrolyze lactose more quickly at high temperatures and under refrigeration, and they produce foods that taste exceptionally clean. Dairy producers can choose their process settings more freely to save reaction times by using this customised enzyme to create a lactose-free product. It guarantees the sensory quality of UHT and prolonged shelf-life products. It offers advantages like Improved filterability and Sustained rapid hydrolysis in processes at high temperatures.
- AB Enzymes ECOPULP: AB Enzymes ECOPULP is a capable supplier of technologically unique enzymes for use in the pulp and paper sector. Cellulases allow pulp refiners to produce fibrillation at lower levels of energy while sustaining less damage to the fibers by opening the surface of the fiber. Costs can be reduced as a result, and important quality metrics can be optimized. Specific esterases facilitate the elimination of stickies and the focused reduction of extractives in the paper, pulp, and on machine surfaces. Xylanases allow pulp makers to obtain the same pulp brightness while lowering yield loss and chemical demand.
Industrial Enzymes Market Scope:
|Market Size Value in 2020||US$6.69 billion|
|Market Size Value in 2027||US$10.67 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 6.9% from 2020 to 2027|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Billion|
|Segments Covered||Product, Source, End-Use Industry, And Geography|
|Regions Covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies Covered||Nature BioScience Pvt. Ltd., DuPont de Nemours, Inc., Novozymes, BASF SE, DSM, AB Enzymes, Amano Enzyme Inc.|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
- By Product
- By Source
- By End-Use Industry
- Food and Beverage
- Paper and Pulp
- Animal Feed
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. COVID-19 Scenario
1.3. Market Definition
1.4. Market Segmentation
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Research Data
3. Executive Summary
3.1. Research Highlights
4. Market Dynamics
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. Industrial Enzymes Market Analysis, by Product
6. Industrial Enzymes Market Analysis, by Source
7. Industrial Enzymes Market Analysis, by End-Use Industry
7.2. Food and Beverage
7.3. Paper and Pulp
7.7. Animal Feed
8. Industrial Enzymes Market Analysis, by Geography
8.2. North America
8.2.1. United States
8.3. South America
8.5. Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. United Arab Emirates
8.5.2. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.4. South Korea
9. Competitive Environment and Analysis
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. Company Profiles
10.1. Nature BioScience Pvt. Ltd.
10.2. DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
10.4. BASF SE
10.6. AB Enzymes
10.7. Amano Enzyme Inc.
Nature BioScience Pvt. Ltd.
DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Specialty Enzymes Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Mar 2022|
|Food Enzymes Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Mar 2022|
|Brewing Enzymes Market Size & Share: Report, 2019-2024||May 2021|
|Digestive Enzymes Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2019-2024||May 2021|
|Feed Enzymes Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2022 - 2027||Jan 2023|