Pet Monitoring Camera Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Video Functionality (One-way Functionality (audio Or Video), Two-way Functionality (audio Or Video)), By End-User (Pet Owners, Veterinary Care), By Distribution Channel (Online, Offline), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : May 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615348
- Pages : 145
The global pet monitoring camera market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 11.62% during the forecast period, reaching a total market size of US$325.649 million in 2028 from US$150.833 million in 2021.
A Pet monitoring camera is an essential tool for pet supervision. Pet monitoring cameras are largely used for motion capture, treating, monitoring, and talking with pets. Pet monitoring cameras are being installed in houses more frequently these days so that pet owners can easily follow and converse with their pets. In the market for pet monitoring cameras, it is anticipated that the online distribution channel would expand significantly throughout the projection period. Customers have been urged to buy pet monitoring cameras from e-commerce websites because of the benefits of flexibility, convenience, versatility, accessibility, easy price comparison, low cost, and less time spent buying things. Online shopping has become quite popular as a result of rising internet usage, rising disposable incomes, and the quick adoption of smartphones. According to the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the percentage of people who use the Internet has drastically increased from 40% in 2015 to 60% in 2020 (Source: data.worldbamk.org).
- Increase in pet ownership
The market is being propelled forward by the growing number of pet owners who want to keep an eye on their animals when they are at work or engaged in other activities, as most pet owners have hectic daily schedules. According to the American Pet Products Association's (APPA) 2021–2022 National Pet Owners Survey, 70% of American homes, or about 90.5 million families, own a pet higher than 67 percent in 2019. Millennials are a technologically advanced generation that is more open to embracing innovations.
- The two-way audio/video market will expand
The one-way video functionality items dominated the market in 2018. Since then, the market for products with two-way audio/video functionality has grown significantly thanks to a rise in the demand for multifunctional monitoring equipment. These gadgets make it easier for pet owners to connect visually with their animals by feeding them at the right times, engaging them in play, and providing entertainment. An example would be a Furbo Dog Camera, a cylindrical device a little bigger than an Amazon Echo with a two-way speaker and a launcher that throws small rewards far. Also, a two-way camera on PetChatz, one of several competing products, enables dogs and dog parents to see one another. It also delivers aromatherapy in addition to sweets.
- Technology innovation creates additional options
Another significant aspect contributing to the rise in use is the advancement in technology for pet surveillance cameras. Many vendors have developed pet monitoring cameras that can not only keep an eye on the animals but also feed and amuse them as needed. Functionality-based technological developments have fueled the market need even further. For instance, interactive pet camera maker Petcube introduced the Petcube Bites 2 smart pet camera with a treat dispenser and Alexa functionality for pet parents who work. Users may go hands-free, access over 50,000 Alexa skills, and instruct Alexa to schedule auto-play and treat schedules for their pets by using the camera. Industry leaders are being encouraged to increase their market share with the creation of advanced monitoring devices for pets by the rising consumer adoption of advanced technologies to assure the safety & wellness of pets. For instance, the development of a robot with a pet monitoring camera like Amazon’s Astro robot that allows pets to engage and play with their owner remotely also plays a significant role in the market's growth.
- June 2022: Furbo, a multi-purpose pup cam introduced by Seattle-based Tomofun, allows users to launch treats and communicate with their dogs over the internet while maintaining watch over them all day. The new Furbo has been improved with a wide-angle lens, color night vision, and auto dog tracking to automatically follow your dog as they walk around the living room. It also rotates 360 degrees on its base to catch all the action.
- March 2022: The C6 security camera was presented by EZVIZ, a leader in smart home technology, as a solution to reduce pet owners' and parents' concerns. The artificial intelligence-enhanced C6 notifies users of a range of occurrences, such as people passing by, frantic animals, and sudden loud noises. The C6 uses EZVIZ's cutting-edge AI system to identify and record specific pet behaviours before sending automated notifications to relieve users of the constant need to watch their live video feed.
- September 2020: A new product from Petcube, the Petcube Cam, a reasonably priced smart pet camera with an integrated online vet chat, has been made available for purchase. Every pet parent can now receive on-demand pet care thanks to the new device, which combines cutting-edge pet monitoring features with online veterinarian consultations powered by Fuzzy Pet Health.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, pet adoption in Brazil increased as some isolated citizens turned to companionship in the face of limitations. As consumers spend more time with their dogs to soothe stress and improve wellness during the pandemic, the COVID-19 pandemic had less of an effect on the growth of the pet monitoring camera market. According to the American Pet Products Association (APPA), pet ownership has remained stable throughout the epidemic as of June 2020. To fulfil customer demand, the major companies were operating their businesses around the clock while putting safety precautions in place for their staff.
- By Video Functionality
- One-way functionality (audio or video)
- Two-way functionality (audio or video)
- By End-User
- Pet Owners
- veterinary care
- By Distribution Channel
- By Geography
- North America
- United States
- South America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Market Segmentation
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Driver
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of End-Users
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. PET MONITORING CAMERA MARKET, BY VIDEO FUNCTIONALITY
5.1. One-way functionality (audio or video)
5.2. Two-way functionality (audio or video)
6. PET MONITORING CAMERA MARKET, BY END-USER
6.1. Pet Owners
6.2. veterinary care
7. PET MONITORING CAMERA MARKET, BY DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL
8. PET MONITORING CAMERA MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.2.1. United States
8.3. South America
8.5. Middle East and Africa (MEA)
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.3. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.2. PetChatz LLC
10.3. Petcube Inc
10.4. Wyze Labs, Inc
10.5. EZVIZ Inc.
10.6. Xiaomi Inc.
10.7. Wagz Inc.
10.8. Zmodo Technology Corp. Ltd
10.9. PETKIT Ltd.
10.10. Vimtag Technology Co LTD
Wyze Labs, Inc
Zmodo Technology Corp. Ltd
Vimtag Technology Co LTD
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Video Surveillance Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Nov 2022|
|Pet Wearables Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Aug 2022|
|Pet Grooming Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Sep 2022|
|Drone Camera Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023 – 2028||Feb 2023|
|AI Camera Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023 – 2028||May 2023|