Power Over Ethernet Switch Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Type (Unmanaged Switch, Managed Switch, Smart Switch), By Port (4, 8, 14, 24, Others), By Application (VoIP Phones, Security Cameras, Wireless Access Points, Smart Home Automation, Others), By End-User (Residential, Commercial, Industrial), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Nov 2023
- Report Code : KSI061616185
- Pages : 140
The power over ethernet switch market is anticipated to show steady growth during the forecast period.
Power over ethernet switch refers to a network switch that can provide power to devices connected to it over ethernet cables. PoE switches are mostly used in applications where it is difficult or impractical to provide power to devices using traditional AC outlets such as IP cameras, VoIP phones, wireless access points, and other IoT (Internet of Things) devices and many more. The growing demand for VoIP devices and Internet of Things (IoT) devices along with technological advancements have emerged as a significant driving force behind the substantial growth of the power over the ethernet industry.
- Surging demand for VoIP devices bolsters the power over ethernet switch market growth.
Power over Ethernet (PoE) switches are used to power and connect VoIP devices, such as IP phones, video phones, and conference phones. PoE switches provide power and data over a single ethernet cable, which eliminates the need for separate power cords. This makes PoE switches ideal for VoIP deployments. As businesses increasingly transition to VoIP systems for their communication needs, the deployment of PoE switches becomes essential for powering and supporting these devices. For instance, according to the FCC Communications Marketplace 2022 report, in the United States, there were a total of 68 million interconnected VoIP subscriptions, including 31 million residential subscriptions. According to the report, the relative growth trends show that interconnected VoIP services continue to increase.
- Increasing demand for IoT devices drives power over ethernet switch market growth.
Power over Ethernet (PoE) switches are used to power IoT devices, such as security cameras, sensors, and actuators, and provide power and data over a single ethernet cable eliminating the need for separate power cords. The booming demand for IoT devices both in small and large enterprises has provided a positive scope to the market demand for power over ethernet switches. Hence, this growing trend underscores the pivotal role of PoE technology in accommodating the evolving requirements of modern networking infrastructures.
- Technological advancements drive the power over ethernet market expansion.
PoE switches are becoming more efficient, with switches being able to provide power for even the most demanding devices, such as high-resolution IP cameras and wireless access points. Additionally, PoE switches are becoming more efficient at converting electrical power into PoE power, which reduces energy consumption and costs. The market is witnessing numerous technological advancements such as AI-powered PoE switches, PoE switches for harsh environments and wireless networks, and many more. Also, the introduction of new PoE standards, such as the IEEE 802.3bt standard capable of delivering higher power levels, has expanded the application scope of PoE technology, enabling the deployment of power-intensive devices.
North America is expected to dominate the market.
North America is projected to account for a major share of the power over ethernet switch market owing to the region’s rising demand for wireless devices along with the rapid technological advancements especially in countries like the US and Canada which stimulates the power over ethernet switch’s demand. For instance, according to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), in the United States, the total number of mobile wireless connections at the year-end 2020 was approximately 469 million, an increase of around 6% from the year-end of 2019, and at the year-end 2021 the figure was approximately 499 million, an increase of approximately 6% from year-end 2020. This robust growth in wireless connections underscores the region's heightened reliance on wireless devices, reinforcing the imperative role of PoE switches in supporting the expanding network infrastructure for seamless connectivity and data transmission.
- Compatibility issues will restrain the power over ethernet switch market growth.
The growth of the power over the ethernet switch industry may be restrained by the lack of standardization and compatibility between various PoE devices. There are multiple PoE standards available in the market, which can result in interoperability challenges and hinder the seamless integration of PoE switches with a wide range of devices, potentially limiting their widespread adoption across diverse applications and industries. This lack of standardization poses a challenge to the market's expansion and may require the development and implementation of comprehensive industry standards and guidelines and enhancing product documentation, including clear guidelines for compatibility and interoperability to aid users and integrators in making informed decisions.
- March 2023: MERCUSYS launched a new series of PoE switches namely MS105GP, MS106LP, MS108GP, and MS110P. The slate of PoE switches provides rapid transmission speeds spanning from 100 to 1000 Mbps, coupled with 5 to 8 interfaces, effectively catering to the varied network expansion requirements of customers.
- November 2022: DIGISOL Systems Ltd launched DG-GS1010PF-B DIGISOL 8 Port PoE Gigabit Unmanaged Switch. The unmanaged switch boasts features including 6KV lightning protection, ensuring its resilience against damage while offering consistent and secure connectivity. Moreover, it supports a cable distance of 250m in surveillance mode and boasts a PoE budget of up to 150W on its 8 port models.
- GS950 V2 Series: The Allied Telesis GS950 V2 Series of WebSmart network switches demonstrates Allied Telesis's commitment to environmentally friendly processes and products, minimizing power consumption through the use of an energy-efficient power supply and a chipset with low power consumption. Featuring PoE+, GS950 V2 Series switches at the network edge are ideal cost-effective solutions for small businesses.
- GSW3208MP-1: This high-performance managed power over Ethernet switch by CTC Union Technologies CO Ltd is equipped with 8 GbE/RJ45 ports, offering 30W power injection per port compliant with the IEEE 802.3at standard, alongside 2 dual-rate FE/GbE SFP slots. GSW3208MP-1 is intended for office applications, including PoE-powered IP telephony, WIFI access, and IP surveillance.
- FLEX24-10G PoE switch: NVT Phybridge’s FLEX24-10G 10 Gigabit Ethernet switch delivers up to 50 Watts of power and 10/100/1000 Mbps symmetrical, full-duplex, over 2 or 4 pair UTP (unshielded twisted pairs) cabling with up to 2,000ft (610m) reach. The FLEX24-10G switch is designed to make IP/IoT deployments secure, and cost-effective.
- By Type
- Unmanaged Switch
- Managed Switch
- Smart Switch
- By Port
- By Application
- VoIP Phones
- Security Cameras
- Wireless Access Points
- Smart Home Automation
- By End-User
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
2.2. Research Process
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. POWER-OVER-ETHERNET SWITCH MARKET, BY TYPE
5.2. Unmanaged Switch
5.3. Managed Switch
5.4. Smart Switch
6. POWER-OVER-ETHERNET SWITCH MARKET, BY PORT
7. POWER-OVER-ETHERNET SWITCH MARKET, BY APPLICATION
7.2. VoIP Phones
7.3. Security Cameras
7.4. Wireless Access Points
7.5. Smart Home Automation
8. POWER-OVER-ETHERNET SWITCH MARKET, BY END-USER
9. POWER-OVER-ETHERNET SWITCH MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
9.2. North America
9.3. South America
9.5. Middle East and Africa
9.5.1. Saudi Arabia
9.6. Asia Pacific
9.6.3. South Korea
10. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
10.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
10.2. Market Share Analysis
10.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
11. COMPANY PROFILES
11.1. Allied Telesis, Inc.
11.2. CTC Union Technologies Co., Ltd.
11.3. Phoenix Contact
11.4. Microchip Technology Inc.
11.6. Versitron Inc.
11.7. Proscend Communications Inc.
11.8. Omnitron Systems Technology, Inc.
11.9. NVT Phybridge
Allied Telesis, Inc.
CTC Union Technologies Co., Ltd.
Microchip Technology Inc.
Proscend Communications Inc.
Omnitron Systems Technology, Inc.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Router and Switch Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Sep 2023|
|Industrial Ethernet Switches Market Size: Report, 2023 - 2028||Feb 2023|
|Ethernet Cable Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023-2028||May 2023|
|Ethernet Connector and Transformers Market Size: 2023 - 2028||Jul 2023|
|Enterprise Network Switch Market Size & Share: Report, 2023-2028||Nov 2023|