Rectangular Connector Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Type (D-Sub Connectors, ARINC Connectors, Others), By Current Type (AC, DC), By End-Users (Aerospace & Defense, Marine, Industrial, Power & Energy, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Jul 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615790
- Pages : 140
The rectangular connector market is estimated to grow at a steady rate during the forecast period. The rectangular connector is a purpose-built device designed to maximize signal integrity, especially in situations where there are space constraints within the application. The rectangular connector market serves a diverse range of end-users, including aerospace & defense, marine, industrial, power & energy, along with other industries. These sectors rely on rectangular connectors to fulfill their electrical connectivity needs and to ensure efficient and reliable operations. The rectangular connector market size is primarily driven by the increasing proliferation of electronic devices and the growing demand for high-speed data transmission.
Increasing data transmission bolsters the rectangular market growth.
Rectangular connectors are widely used in data transmission networks due to their ability to provide reliable and efficient electrical connections which are capable of accommodating multiple signal lines, offering high-speed data transmission, and ensuring signal integrity. The exponential growth of digital content, the rise of cloud computing, and the proliferation of internet-connected devices have increased data transmission demand thereby accelerating the adoption of rectangular connectors. According to the International Energy Agency, the energy consumption of data transmission networks increased by 18.64% in 2022, reaching a range of 260-360 (TWh), as compared to the levels observed in 2015.
Adoption of robotics drives the rectangular connector market expansion.
Rectangular connectors are widely used in robotics as they provide secure electrical and data connections between various components in robotic systems, including motors, sensors, control modules, and power sources. The adoption of robotics has increased significantly due to advancements in automation technology coupled with the growing need for increased productivity & efficiency which is driving the demand for rectangular connectors to ensure seamless connectivity and optimal performance in robotic systems. According to the International Federation of Robotics, India achieved a remarkable milestone in the sales of industrial robots, with a record-breaking 4,945 units installed in 2021. This represents an impressive growth of 54% compared to the previous year.
Rise in energy and power generation drives the rectangular connector market.
Rectangular connectors find significant applications in the energy and power generation sector due to their robustness, reliability, and ability to handle high voltage and current requirements. These connectors are used in various equipment and systems involved in energy generation, including power plants, transmission grids, and distribution networks. The increasing demand for energy and power generation is further bolstered by heavy government investments in the sector, for instance, under the Union's 2021-22 budget, the government of India allocated additional capital of Rs. 15 billion to the Renewable Energy Development Agency and Rs. 10 billion to the Solar Energy Corporation of India.
North America is expected to dominate the rectangular connector market.
North America will hold a significant share of the rectangular connector market as the region is experiencing an emerging adoption of robotics across various industries, including manufacturing, automotive, healthcare, and aerospace. Simultaneously, the region is witnessing increasing energy and power generation activities which require reliable electrical connections provided by rectangular connectors. According to the International Federation of Robotics, the annual installation of industrial robots in the North American region witnessed significant growth, with 45,000 units installed in 2021. This number further increased by 8.9% in 2022, reaching 49,000 units. Also, according to the Department of Energy, in 2022, the United States witnessed a significant increase in energy storage installations on the electric grid, with approximately 14.1 gigawatt-hours (GWh) or 4.8 GWac, representing a notable 34% year-on-year growth.
Alternative technologies availability restrains the rectangular connector industry growth.
The rectangular connector industry may face growth constraints due to the availability of alternative connector types like circular connectors. These alternatives offer specific benefits in certain applications, which can lead end-users to prefer them over rectangular connectors based on their unique requirements. Consequently, this preference for alternative connectors coupled with new product launches can further limit the rectangular connectors market growth. For instance, in March 2022, CUI Devices' Interconnect Group introduced a new line of circular connectors. This expansion broadens the range of connector options available to customers
- April 2021: JAE, a leading manufacturer, introduced the KN06 Series, a rectangular single-engagement lever locking modular connector. This new connector series is specifically designed for use in large-scale equipment, including semiconductor manufacturing and industrial equipment that necessitates multi-pole wiring. With its robust design and secure locking mechanism, the KN06 Series addresses the connectivity needs of these demanding applications, providing reliable and efficient electrical connections.
- February 2021: Amphenol Corporation, a prominent manufacturer of electronic connectors, acquired Positronic, a global manufacturer specializing in providing reliable environment connectors. The comprehensive product portfolio of Positronic including power, D-sub miniature, rectangular, and circular connectors, brings extensive expertise and knowledge to the market. This strategic acquisition allowed Amphenol to combine its industry-leading capabilities with Positronic's offerings, providing customers with an expanded range of products and enhanced technical design support.
- June 2020: TE Connectivity (TE) bolstered its lineup of connectivity solutions by incorporating a range of harsh environment connectors obtained from Molex. The newly added offerings include Extra Rugged Circular connectors (XRC), Sealed Rectangular Connectors (SRC), ML-XT connectors, and XRC terminals. By expanding its portfolio, TE aims to provide customers with a comprehensive selection of rugged and reliable connectors, empowering them to effectively address the demanding requirements of harsh operating environments.
- 1-1744074-1: TE Connectivity's 1-1744074-1 is a rectangular connector housing, specifically designed for wire-to-board connections. It features 11 positions and is constructed using high-quality nylon material. The housing provides a secure and reliable connection between wires and circuit boards, ensuring efficient electrical transmission. This TE Connectivity product offers durability and stability, making it suitable for various applications that require wire-to-board connectivity in a compact and robust housing design.
- By Type
- D-Sub Connectors
- ARINC Connectors
- By Current Type
- By End-Users
- Aerospace & Defense
- Power & Energy
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. RECTANGULAR CONNECTOR MARKET ANALYSIS, BY TYPE
5.2. D-Sub Connectors
5.3. ARINC Connectors
6. RECTANGULAR CONNECTOR MARKET ANALYSIS, BY CURRENT TYPE
7. RECTANGULAR CONNECTOR MARKET ANALYSIS, BY END-USERS
7.2. Aerospace & Defense
7.5. Power & Energy
8. RECTANGULAR CONNECTOR MARKET ANALYSIS, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.3. South America
8.5. Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.3. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. TE Connectivity
10.2. Phoenix Contact
10.3. Amphenol Corporation
10.4. HARTING Stiftung & Co KG.
10.5. Eaton Corporation
10.7. Mencom Corporation
10.8. Japan Aviation Electronics Industry, Ltd.
10.9. Smiths Interconnect (Smiths Group)
HARTING Stiftung & Co KG.
Japan Aviation Electronics Industry, Ltd.
Smiths Interconnect (Smiths Group)
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|