Smart Airport Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Airport Operation (Aeronautical, Non-aeronautical), By Solution Type (Hardware, Software, Data Management, Others), By Application (Landside, Airside, Terminal Side), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Mar 2023
- Report Code : KSI061614472
- Pages : 138
Smart airport market describes the application of advanced procedures and technology to make airports more automated, efficient, and user-friendly. The need for enhanced airport security, the rise in the adoption of the Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud computing technologies in the aviation industry, and other factors all contribute to the growth of the smart airport market. The demand for automated and self-service processes to improve passenger experience is one of these factors. The use of biometric technology like facial recognition, fingerprint scanning, and iris recognition to speed up airport security procedures and cut wait times has a substantial impact on the smart airport business. Additionally, these technologies aid in increasing the precision and dependability of passenger identification and limiting unwanted access. Deploying smart airport technologies can also assist airports in lowering their carbon footprint by maximizing energy usage, minimizing waste, and enhancing sustainability. For instance, intelligent HVAC systems can optimize temperature management and use less energy, while intelligent lighting systems can automatically alter illumination levels based on the number of people present in a particular location.
In the upcoming years, the demand for improved passenger experiences, airport security, and operational efficiency will propel the expansion of the smart airport market. This trend is anticipated to be accelerated by the use of cutting-edge technologies like IoT, biometrics, and cloud computing. At the same time, the market for smart airports will be significantly shaped by the growing emphasis on sustainability and energy efficiency.
- Rising number of passengers
According to US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) projections, there will be 1.3 billion commercial passengers in the US by 2039, an increase of 40% over the 925 million passengers there were in 2020. Airports are faced with several difficulties as a result of the rising passenger volume, including congestion, hold-ups, and lengthy wait periods at security checks and baggage claim areas. Airports are implementing smart airport technologies to address these issues in order to increase the effectiveness of their operations and improve the passenger experience. For instance, airports use automated check-in and bag-drop systems to cut down on waiting times, they also incorporate sensors and data analytics to track passenger movement and optimize space use, and mobile apps to offer real-time flight information and navigation. As such, the rising passenger traffic in the aviation industry is expected to benefit the smart airport market.
- Initiatives by governments to enhance airport infrastructure.
International tourism is driving investments in airport infrastructure by governments all over the world. As a result, numerous nations now have smart airports that are being developed with the aid of public-private partnerships. For instance, the US government has funded infrastructure and airport renovation projects through the Federal Aviation Administration, while the Indian government has introduced the UDAN scheme to increase regional connectivity.
- In February 2023, the Frankfurt Airport made plans to implement public biometric passenger touchpoints. The technology will allow travelers using Frankfurt Airport in Germany to skip through the many steps in the journey from check-in to boarding by merely having their faces scanned at biometric touch points located throughout the airport. The implementation, which will see the installation of additional biometric touch points by spring 2023, will ensure that commuters can utilize the biometric system to adeptly transmit through each phase of the trip by merely scanning their face, from enrollment at a kiosk or counter to pre-security automated gates and self-boarding gates. The project makes significant advancements in the evolution of digital travel by offering an actual common-use biometric system at all Frankfurt terminals that is accessible to all airlines using the airport.
- In January 2023, German airport operator Flughafen München (FMG) (Munich Airport) announced that the expansion of its partnership with Lufthansa, the national carrier, to support the ongoing sustainability of the airport. The objective is to develop the airport as a hub for intermodal transportation and to promote digitalization and operational innovation. It involves initiatives to further enhance travellers' experiences, such as automated handling procedures and smart passenger handling.
Based on airport operation, the smart airport market is expected to witness positive growth in terminal section.
Due to the rising need for AI-based advanced systems and equipment on the terminal side of the airport, the terminal side sector is anticipated to increase significantly throughout the projected period. Artificial intelligence (AI)-powered technologies can track and analyze foot movement in airport buildings, spot crowd trends, and bottlenecks, calculate waiting times and use these insights to improve queue and crowd management.
Asia Pacific and North America accounted for major shares of the Smart airport market.
Based on geography, the smart airport market is segmented into North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and Asia Pacific. Strong investments in new airport construction and airport expansion are expected to propel the growth of the Asia Pacific smart airport market. The amount of passengers handled by airports in nations including China, India, Japan, and South Korea, among others, has rapidly increased during the past several years. As a result, the government and airport authorities in the area have pledged major investments in airport development. The funding for the digitalization of airports in North American nations has also expanded dramatically. In addition, the North American smart airport market is bolstered by the presence of major virtual system manufacturers as well as a thriving computer and software sector.
Key Market Segments
- By Airport Operation
- By Solution Type
- Data Management
- By Application
- Terminal side
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East And Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. SMART AIRPORT MARKET, BY AIRPORT OPERATION
6. SMART AIRPORT MARKET, BY SOLUTION TYPE
6.4. Data Management
7. SMART AIRPORT MARKET, BY AIRPORT OPERATION
7.4. Terminal side
8. SMART AIRPORT MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.3. South America
8.4.1. United Kingdom
8.5. Middle East And Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.4. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisition, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. Honeywell International, Inc.
10.2. Siemens AG
10.3. Indra Sistemas
10.4. Thales Group
10.5. Lufthansa Systems
10.8. IBM Corporation
10.9. Cisco Systems, Inc.
10.10. Amadeus IT Group
Honeywell International, Inc.
Cisco Systems, Inc.
Amadeus IT Group
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Smart Cities Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Feb 2023|
|Video Surveillance Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Nov 2022|
|Airport Surveillance Radar Market Size: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Aug 2022|
|Security Cameras Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Feb 2023|
|Smart Parking Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Apr 2022|