Smart Pest Management System Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Product (Hardware, Software, Services), By End-Users (Residential, Industrial, Commercial), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : May 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615353
- Pages : 147
Pest infestation is one of the world's biggest issues. Pest monitoring is required for accurate decision-making in support of integrated pest management (IPM), particularly in smart agriculture. To meet the timeliness and accuracy requirements in real applications, an automatic detection system comprised of a camera, a microcomputer, a deep learning model, and a server is proposed. The use of automated pest management systems for monitoring insect pests in residential, commercial, industrial, and agricultural regions, as well as orchards and forestry, is rapidly rising. The market is expected to benefit from the deployment of AI-based technologies for species identification and insect recognition.
- Demand for integrated pest management
To avoid feeding damage on fields, prompt pest management is critical. The previously mentioned component of the necessity for pests creates a demand for adherence to the regulations defined by Integrated Pest Management (IPM). IPM plays an important role in sustainable agriculture because it contributes to increased food availability and farm productivity, higher income levels due to lower production costs associated with lower pesticide use, and a reduction in the proportion of pesticide residues in feed, food, and fiber as well as the environment. For instance, in April 2022, the California Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR) announced a $3.75 million grant to support ten research projects investigating Integrated Pest Management (IPM) techniques for urban, non-agricultural, and agricultural pest management (Source: cdpr.ca.gov). To manage pests in agricultural, urban, and other non-agricultural populations, grant projects are essential for creating and advancing novel procedures and physical, biological, and non-chemical tools. Growing IPM adoption will directly support the market for smart pest monitoring and management systems.
- Awareness of health issues caused by pesticide exposure
There are significant hazards to citizens' health associated with the use of chemical pesticides, particularly for people who apply them, but also for vulnerable populations and children. Pesticides can have both immediate and long-term health consequences. Pesticide exposure, whether occupational, accidental, or intentional, can lead to hospitalization and death. Pesticides were discovered above their impact threshold at 13 to 30% of all surface water monitoring sites in European rivers and lakes between 2013 and 2019 (Source: ec.europa.eu). Therefore, to reduce the use and risk of pesticides in Europe, the Commission has proposed new regulations, including a thorough new enforcement framework to ensure that all farmers practice integrated pest management, or "IPM," in which all alternative methods of pest control are considered first and chemical pesticides are only used as a last resort. During the forecast period, the area is expected to provide many growth prospects to market participants.
- Residential construction has a higher share of the market growth
Due to changing demographics, cheap mortgage rates, and rising household income, residential construction is booming in the area. The number of new construction projects and upkeep tasks for the existing buildings also rose, including clever pest management. Due to rising consumer demand and comparably high business earnings, non-residential construction projects are also increasing. Germany and the United Kingdom are enjoying rapid expansion in their construction industries. For instance, the value of new construction work in Great Britain in current prices increased by 15.3% to £115,579 million in 2021, following a 15.9% drop to £100,199 million in 2020 (Source: www.ons.gov.uk). The main causes of the annual increase were new construction in residential properties, private infrastructure, and public infrastructure. The thriving building industries in the United Kingdom will provide lucrative growth prospects for the smart pest monitoring management system market.
- October 2022: To further provide cutting-edge agricultural solutions and digital farming technology to Thai farmers, Bayer Thai Co., Ltd. built its Agri-Solution Research Center in the province of Suphanburi. Utilizing cutting-edge crop protection application technologies, crop diagnostic technologies, artificial intelligence (AI) crop farming, and digital farming, the center will create customized solutions for integrated crop and pest management.
- June 2022: A limited commercial launch of FlightSensor, an award-winning and highly regarded real-time pest monitoring and identification tool, was announced by agtech startup FarmSense. This initial launch, which included about 1,000 FlightSensor systems, will be given out to a few California producers, farm managers, and commercial pest experts. With its novel approach to pest control, FlightSensor not only helps farmers save time, money, and effort but also reduces the need for pesticides while increasing crop yield.
- February 2022: An environmentally friendly rodent control technology called SMART City has been introduced by consumer services firm Viking Pest Control in New Jersey to combat rodents including mice and rats. It consists of wirelessly connected tools that track, monitor, and get rid of pests while offering continuous, in-depth data. This enables the system to keep an eye on rodent numbers both above and below ground.
There has been a pause in company operations due to the global shutdown. Market participants in the smart pest monitoring management system market have concentrated on the development of wireless platforms that enable farmers to improve their real-time decision-making in terms of pest monitoring, crop health monitoring, yield monitoring, field mapping, harvesting management, and irrigation scheduling. The European Green Deal and its Farm to Fork concept are limiting the use of synthetic pesticides and fertilizers in agriculture. To minimize further harm to the corps, this could encourage the use of organic pest control approaches and sophisticated pest monitoring systems. All of these reasons are projected to have a direct impact on the growth of the smart pest monitoring management system market.
- By Product
- By End-Users
- By Geography
- North America
- United States
- South America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Market Segmentation
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Driver
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of End-Users
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. SMART PEST MANAGEMENT MARKET, BY PRODUCT
6. SMART PEST MANAGEMENT MARKET, BY END-USER
7. SMART PEST MANAGEMENT MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
7.2. North America
7.2.1. United States
7.3. South America
7.5. Middle East and Africa (MEA)
7.5.1. Saudi Arabia
7.6. Asia Pacific
7.6.3. South Korea
8. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
8.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
8.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
8.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
8.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
9. COMPANY PROFILES
9.3. Bell Laboratories Inc.
9.5. Environmental Science U.S. Inc. (Envu)
9.6. Corteva, Inc.
9.8. Pest Pulse
9.9. American Pest
Bell Laboratories Inc.
Environmental Science U.S. Inc. (Envu)
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Biopesticides Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||May 2023|
|Integrated Pest Management Market Size: Report, 2022-2027||Apr 2022|
|Microencapsulated Pesticides Market Size & Share: Report, 2021–2026||Aug 2021|
|Pest Control Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2019-2024||May 2021|
|Agrochemicals Market Size, Share & Growth: Report, 2021–2026||Nov 2021|