Wheat Seed Treatment Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Application (Chemical, Biological), By Function (Seed Protection, Seed Enhancement, Other Functions), By Application Techniques (Seed Coating, Seed Pelleting, Seed Dressing, Other Application Techniques), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Jun 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615550
- Pages : 140
The wheat seed treatment market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 7.49% during the forecast period.
The Wheat seed Treatment market is anticipated to grow at a steady pace during the forecast period. Wheat seed treatment products are generally used to protect the seed from fungi, and insects thus promoting high yield. There are various types of wheat seed treatment products available such as Kodiak, mycostop, soilgard, and others. Moreover, there are technological advancements and rising demand for the product due to the growing need for wheat among people. The diversification along with the technological advancements aids the growth of the wheat seed treatment market.
Wheat Production and Growing Population Worldwide
The global production of wheat worldwide in 2022 was 779 million tons which is projected to increase by 1.26 million tons in 2023 as per the estimates of USDA. Moreover, USDA estimates the consumption of wheat to rise in the coming years due to the growing population which needs to be addressed by the higher wheat yields. For instance, the world population is expected to exceed the 9 million mark and food consumption will increase by 50% by 2050 as per the UN report. This growing demand for wheat shows the need for wheat seed treatment products in protecting the crop from various diseases thereby increasing its market size.
Increased benefits and Higher Yields
Wheat seed treatments are beneficial for seed protection, and seed enhancement thereby enabling a higher yield. Wheat seed treatments generally protect the crop at the time of sowing for three to four weeks till the seedling is established thus improving the germination rate. The seed treatment protects the crop from fungal pathogens and insects such as wireworms and aphids. For instance, the use of chlorpyrifos emiddachloropid insecticide protects the wheat from termites. Moreover, the seed treatment provides nutrients to the wheat crop through seed coating, pelleting, and dressing. These phenomenal benefits are expected to boost the wheat seed treatment market size during the forecasted period.
Wheat seed treatment techniques are constantly modernizing with the help of smart technologies. For instance, an emerging Non-thermal plasma (NTP) is an eco-friendly seed treatment technology that enhances seed germination and controls seed-borne pathogens. Nanotechnology for seed treatment helps in the sustainable development of nanoscale agrochemicals. Moreover, reactive oxygen species (ROS) is now available in the market which enables enzyme activity at the starch-degrading site. The evolving technique and continuous research are expected to aid the wheat seed treatment market size.
Unfavourable Climate Conditions
Climate change is happening at an alarming level impacting crop production worldwide as crop productivity is highly dependent on climatic conditions. For instance, the wheat production of India declined by around 3% in the crop year 2021-22 due to the heat wave in Punjab and Haryana state as per the industry experts. Moreover, severe droughts impacted wheat production in China, Russia, and Kazakhstan region thereby increasing global food insecurity. The adoption of wheat seed treatment is anticipated to be higher among farmers to cope with the growing demand and thus propelling the market growth for wheat seed treatment products.
North America is the largest Wheat Treatment Market
The North-American region is expected to show a higher increase in the wheat seed treatment market owing to technological advancements and the adoption of smart techniques by farmers to increase crop yield. Wheat is ranked third in the U.S. crop production list and planted acreage in 2022-23 as per the USDA. The USA generally ranks among the top five wheat exporters in the world as per the reports of USDA. Moreover, Rust, Fusarium spp, and nematode are the major concern for annual losses of wheat production in the region. The government is funding research and development projects for the innovation of new seed treatment technology to improve yields and efficiency.
Wheat Seed Treatment Key Players
- DIVIDEND®, developed by Syngenta Crop is a triazole-based seed treatment product extensively used for increasing wheat production. It controls seed-borne and soilborne diseases along with early pathogens such as Tilletia controversa, Rhizoctonia, septoria, and many others.
- DYNA-SHIELD® FOOTHOLD® VIROCK® developed by Nutrien Ag Solutions protects seedlings against insect injuries such as metalaxyl, tebuconazole, fludioxonil, and others. Moreover, it protects against seed decay caused by Aspergillus, penicillium, and other species.
- Awaken ST, a seed treatment developed through ACA technology and features the zinc ammonium acetate( ZAA) emulsion with a micronutrient package. Awaken ST leads to quicker emergence and lesser factory biomass by promoting root growth. Awaken ST fleeces the seed with nutrients and has been shown to ameliorate early vigor and advanced yields. It Has been shown to ameliorate early vigor-post-emergence and increased yield implicit compared to undressed seed Advanced root biomass was observed in treated seed.
Key Market Developments
- In March 2023, Syngenta Crop entered into a partnership with Aphea. Bio to develop the new biostimulant seed treatment product named ACTIV based on microorganisms. This product will enable farmers to reduce the usage of fertilizers and increase the yield by up to 5%.
- In November 2022, a label expansion was granted to the new seed treatment product Lumivia® CPL seed-applied insecticide by U.S. Environmental Agency. The Lumivia® is developed by Corteva Agriscience that offers robust insecticide treatment for wheat, barley, pulses, and lentils.
- In December 2022, EVOIA announced the launch of its first seed treatment product for spring 2023. The seed treatment is manufactured by Biochar named AmpliFYR. The product is suitable for wheat, corn, and soybeans in increasing the seedling root and shoot growth. Moreover, it is 100% biobased as a part of the USDA BioPreferred program and certified with Fertilizing Materials Law and regulations of California.
Wheat Seed Treatment Market Scope:
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 7.49% from 2021 to 2028|
|Forecast Period||2023 – 2028|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Billion|
|Segments Covered||Application, Function, Application Techniques, and Geography|
|Regions Covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies Covered||Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd, BASF SE, Bayer CropScience AG, Bioworks Inc., Corteva Agriscience, Germains Seed Technology, Incotec Group BV, Nufarm Ltd, Syngenta International AG|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
- By Application
- By Function
- Seed Protection
- Seed Enhancement
- Other Functions
- By Application Techniques
- Seed Coating
- Seed Pelleting
- Seed Dressing
- Other Application Techniques
- By Geography
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. The threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. WHEAT SEED TREATMENT MARKET, BY APPLICATION
6. WHEAT SEED TREATMENT MARKET, BY FUNCTION
6.2. Seed Protection
6.3. Seed Enhancement
6.4. Other Functions
7. WHEAT SEED TREATMENT MARKET, BY APPLICATION TECHNIQUE
7.2. Seed Coating
7.3. Seed Pelleting
7.4. Seed Dressing
7.5. Other Application Techniques
8. WHEAT SEED TREATMENT MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.2.1. United States
8.3. South America
8.4.1. United Kingdom
8.5. The Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.4. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd
10.2. BASF SE
10.3. Bayer CropScience AG
10.4. Bioworks Inc.
10.5. Corteva Agriscience
10.6. Germains Seed Technology
10.7. Incotec Group BV
10.8. Nufarm Ltd
10.9. Syngenta International AG
Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd
Bayer CropScience AG
Germains Seed Technology
Incotec Group BV
Syngenta International AG
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Chemical Seed Treatment Market Size: Report, 2023 - 2028||Feb 2023|
|Biological Seed Treatment Market Size: Industry Report, 2022 - 2027||Dec 2022|
|Maize Seed Treatment Market Size & Share: Report, 2023 - 2028||Jul 2023|
|Cotton Seed Treatment Market Size: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Jun 2023|
|Insecticide Seed Treatment Market Size & Trends: Report, 2023-2028||Jul 2023|