Knowledge Sourcing Intelligence releases the publication of a new analysis report on the market “Japan 5G Small Cell Market” – which is projected from 2022 to 2028.
Japan 5G Small Cell Market is estimated to reach a market size worth US$489.530 by 2028.
Japan’s 5G small cell market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 24.25% during the projected period primarily due to its feature such as low cost in comparison to macro-cell base stations. They are used to deliver high-performance capabilities, which help in enhancing the network density. Furthermore, they work toward boosting the network signal so that coverage can be extended to indoor spaces such as enterprises and residential.
With the expansion of 5G technology across the nation, the deployment of 5G technology in the indoor environment is increasing. For instance, according to NOKIA, indoor mobile users account for around 80% of mobile broadband traffic. Hence, with growing indoor deployment, this market is expected to grow considerably over the anticipated period.
- Based on deployment, Japan’s 5G small cell market is segmented into indoor and outdoor.
The indoor segment is expected to hold a major share in 2022 owing to increased business strategies such as investments and partnerships taken up by the market players.
- For example, Samsung and KDDI formed an alliance to demonstrate their 5G capabilities. They utilized 5G to help students download content in class using Ultra High Definition. It was also powered by the infrastructure of next-generation technologies. Samsung’s 5G network was used for this purpose. It was conducted using a 28GHz band to enable the transmission of UHD videos in a school setting.
- Based on architecture, the domestic market is segmented into integrated & dual-split and single-split.
Integrated and dual-split RAN architecture is predicted to grow at a rapid pace over the projected period. This is because small-cell standards developed on this architecture can benefit a variety of corporate deployment situations. Product launches in integrated and dual-split RAN architecture include integrated small cells by NXP Semiconductors N.V. The product is a key technology in enabling private 5G enterprise and industrial networks. It provides higher power class support and has a 100 MHz channel bandwidth.
- On the basis of configuration, Japan’s 5G small cell market is divided into standalone and non-standalone.
Over the anticipated period, standalone is expected to hold a major share owing to growing investments and partnerships by the market players.
- For instance, in October 2022, HFCL and Qualcomm collaborated on 5G Outdoor small-cell product development. The product supports SA (and Non-SA). It has flexible deployment options and can be put on street poles, building walls, and rooftops to cover traffic hotspots, fill network coverage gaps, and expand coverage at public places including train stations, airports, and stadiums
- By type, the market is segmented into femtocell & picocell, and microcell.
During the anticipated period, the femtocell and picocell are expected to hold a major share owing to increased demand for residential and enterprise base stations.
- Product launches in the femtocell and picocell segment include Smart Node Femtocells by NOKIA. It delivers a great customer experience in small indoor environments. Its self-optimizing network with plug-and-play deployment ensures instant coverage boost utilizing the existing LAN network.
As a part of the report, the major players operating in Japan’s 5G small cell market include Qualcomm, Airspan, Ericsson, Sercomm Corporation, NXP, Accuver Co., Ltd., CommScope, Xilinx, Inc., and Samsung.
View a sample of the report or purchase the complete study at https://www.knowledge-sourcing.com/report/japan-5g-small-cell-market
This analytics report segments Japan’s 5G small cell market on the following basis:
- By Deployment
- By Architecture
- Integrated & Dual-Split
- By Configuration
- By Type
- Femtocell & Picocell