3D Bioprinting Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Technology (Inkjet Bioprinting, Laser-Assisted Bioprinting, Extrusion-Based Bioprinting, Magnetic Bioprinting), By Material (Hydrogels, Living Cells, Extracellular Matrices, Biomaterial Inks), By Mode Of Application (Tissue And Organ Regeneration, Drug Discovery And Testing, 3d Cell Culture, Regenerative Medicine), By End-User (Pharmaceutical And Biotechnology Companies, Research And Academic Institutions, Hospitals And Clinics, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Sep 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615600
- Pages : 145
The 3D Bioprinting Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.82% during the forecast period.
The 3D bioprinting market size is growing quickly and finding use in many different fields. Tissue engineering, regenerative medicine, and drug discovery all benefit from the use of 3D bioprinting. This new technique, which makes use of biomaterials and live cells, enables the precise construction of three-dimensional structures. The 3D bioprinting market growth is characterized by the growing demand for individualized treatment, options for organ transplantation, and advancements in bio-ink formulations and bioprinter technology. The type of bioprinter, capabilities, and additional consumables all influence pricing in the 3D bioprinting industry.
At the intersection of biology and additive manufacturing, the 3D bioprinting market growth is rapidly expanding. The precise deposition of live cells, biomaterials, and growth factors into complex, functioning tissues and organs is made possible by this revolutionary technology. Due to its potential to alleviate organ transplant shortages, accelerate medication development, and enable individualized treatment, the 3D bioprinting market size is expanding rapidly.
The market is being driven by bio-ink formulations, approaches to tissue modeling, and bioprinter technologies. This potential industry is also moving forward to the increasing investments made by pharmaceutical companies, healthcare organizations, and research institutes. This market segment comprises of tissue and organ regeneration, drug discovery and testing, 3D cell culture, and regenerative medicine.
Key Players in the 3D Bioprinting Market:
- Organovo Holdings Inc.: Organovo is a pioneer in 3D bioprinting, specializing in the production of human tissue that can be used for medical and scientific research. With their NovoGen Bioprinting Platform, 3D models of tissues can be created for drug discovery and toxicity testing.
- EnvisionTEC: The 3D-Bioplotter series is one of many bioprinting systems offered by EnvisionTEC. Their bioprinters are suitable for applications in tissue technology and regenerative medicine because they can use a variety of cell types and bioinks to create intricate structures.
- CELLINK: Their bioprinting machines, like the BIO X series, can print a variety of tissues and organs. Additionally, they offer a selection of bioinks, including collagen- and alginate-based formulations.
- Aspect biosystems: They are best known for developing medical-grade 3D bioprinting technology. For the purposes of drug screening, personalized medicine, and the development of regenerative medicines, their RX1 Bioprinting System produces live tissue structures.
- Increasing demand for organ transplants:
The 3D bioprinting industry is experiencing significant expansion due to the rising demand for organ transplants. With a shortage of contributor organs, 3D bioprinting gives a likely response by permitting the manufacture of working tissues and organs for transplantation, diminishing dependence on conventional organ sources.
- Expansion of application areas:
The 3D bioprinting market is experiencing significant expansion due to the expansion of application areas. 3D bioprinting has expanded into a wide range of industries, including pharmaceutical research, drug screening, personalized medicine, and disease modeling, from its roots in the fields of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. Innovative bioprinting technologies and solutions are in high demand across a wide range of industries as a result of this expanding application landscape.
- Favourable regulatory environment:
In the 3D bioprinting area, a positive administrative climate is a critical development component. 3D bioprinting's potential for use in medicine is increasingly being recognized by regulatory bodies, who are coming up with recommendations to encourage its development. Investment and innovation in the sector are both bolstered by clear and supportive regulations, which facilitate the transition of 3D bioprinting innovations from research to commercial applications and contribute to market expansion.
- Advancements in bio-ink formulation and biomaterials:
The development of bio-ink formulations and biomaterials is crucial to the growth of the 3D bioprinting industry. For the creation of tissue architectures that are both functional and viable, bioinks, which are made up of living cells and biomaterials, are necessary. Improved biocompatibility, printability, and efficacy of bioinks and biomaterials are the goals of ongoing research and development. This will make it possible to carry out bioprinting procedures that are both more precise and effective, as well as expand the range of applications for bioprinting in regenerative medicine, tissue manufacturing, and other fields.
3D bioprinting is set to boost at a constant pace in the forecast period.
The market for 3D bioprinting is segmented by technology, application, end-user, material, and geography. Material is further segmented into hydrogels, living cells, extracellular matrices, and biomaterial inks. The technology is further segmented into inkjet bioprinting, laser-assisted bioprinting, extrusion-based bioprinting, and magnetic bioprinting.
North America is the leading region in 3D Bioprinting worldwide.
The 3D bioprinting market share is dominated by North America. It supports government initiatives, has a significant presence of important market participants, and has a robust infrastructure for research and development. Its position of leadership is aided by the region's advanced healthcare system and significant investments in bioprinting technology. In addition, there is a strong pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry in North America, which drives demand for 3D bioprinting applications in areas like drug development and regenerative medicine. In the North American 3D bioprinting market, partnerships between educational organizations and industrial actors also drive technological advancements and innovation, consolidating its dominance.
- In April 2022, CELLINK, a BICO company that is a global leader in bioprinters and biomaterials, entered a partnership with Zoan BioMed in Ireland to investigate the possibility of utilizing bioinks with coral in two crucial and difficult applications.
- In February 2022, Organovo Holdings, Inc. and BICO made the agreement to grant BICO and its subsidiaries a comprehensive license to Organovo's basic 3D bioprinting patent portfolio. Since its inception in 2016, BICO, formerly CELLINK, has established itself as the world's leading bio convergence company. CELLINK is a BICO-owned subsidiary that operates.
- In December 2022, CELLINK and the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) established the first 3D bioprinting Centre of Excellence to provide researchers with the resources they need to quickly gain insight into tissue engineering, regenerative medicine, and drug discovery.
Key Market Segment:
- By Technology
- Inkjet Bioprinting
- Laser-Assisted Bioprinting
- Extrusion-Based Bioprinting
- Magnetic Bioprinting
- By Material
- Living Cells
- Extracellular Matrices
- Biomaterial Inks
- By Mode Of Application
- Tissue And Organ Regeneration
- Drug Discovery And Testing
- 3d Cell Culture
- Regenerative Medicine
- By End-User
- Pharmaceutical And Biotechnology Companies
- Research And Academic Institutions
- Hospitals And Clinics
- By Geography
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East And Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
2.2. Research Process
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. 3D BIOPRINTING MARKET BY TECHNOLOGY
5.2. Inkjet Bioprinting
5.3. Laser-assisted Bioprinting
5.4. Extrusion-based Bioprinting
5.5. Magnetic Bioprinting
6. 3D BIOPRINTING MARKET BY MATERIAL
6.3. Living Cells
6.4. Extracellular Matrices
6.5. Biomaterial Inks
7. 3D BIOPRINTING MARKET BY MODE OF APPLICATION
7.2. Tissue and Organ Regeneration
7.3. Drug Discovery and Testing
7.4. 3D Cell Culture
7.5. Regenerative Medicine
8. 3D BIOPRINTING MARKET BY END-USER
8.2. Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
8.3. Research and Academic Institutions
8.4. Hospitals and Clinics
9. 3D BIOPRINTING MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
9.2. North America
9.2.1. United States
9.3. South America
9.4.1. United Kingdom
9.5. Middle East and Africa
9.5.1. Saudi Arabia
9.6. Asia Pacific
9.6.4. South Korea
10. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
10.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
10.2. Market Share Analysis
10.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
11. COMPANY PROFILES
11.1. Organovo Holdings, Inc.
11.2. EnvisionTEC GmbH
11.3. CELLINK AB
11.4. Stratasys Ltd.
11.5. Materialise NV
11.6. 3D Systems Corporation
11.7. Aspect Biosystems Ltd.
11.8. regenHU Ltd.
11.9. Allevi Inc.
Organovo Holdings, Inc.
3D Systems Corporation
Aspect Biosystems Ltd.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Laser Technology Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2021-2026||Aug 2021|
|3D Bioprinters Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Feb 2023|
|Biocompatible 3D Printing Materials Market Size: Report, 2023-2028||Mar 2023|
|Healthcare 3D Printing Market Size: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Jun 2023|
|Ceramic 3D Printing Market Size & Share: Report, 2023 - 2028||May 2023|