5G Enterprise Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Component (RAN, 5G Core, Transport, Edge Server), By Band (Sub-6 GHz, MmWave), By Deployment (Standalone, Non-Standalone), By Industrial Vertical (Manufacturing, Oil & Mining, Logistics/Warehouses, Healthcare, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Oct 2023
- Report Code : KSI061616165
- Pages : 141
The 5G Enterprise market is evaluated at US$21.352 billion in 2022.
- Business enterprises are demanding private 5G networks
Private 5G networks are pivotal assets due to their versatility in meeting enterprise requirements. They offer enhanced data security and control, contributing to the digital transformation of businesses. These 5G capabilities can fast-track innovative revenue streams, particularly in Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications. In essence, private 5G empowers enterprises by delivering the connectivity, intelligence, and agility essential for achieving their business goals during digital transformation.
- In February 2023, Cisco and NTT Ltd., a prominent IT infrastructure and services firm, disclosed their intentions to collaborate in order to promote the adoption of Private 5G networks within various sectors such as Automotive, Logistics, Healthcare, Retail, and Public services. Their joint efforts will focus on innovation, aiming to deliver the necessary technology and managed services that empower enterprise customers to effectively implement Private 5G networks and attain enhanced business results.
- In April 2021, Verizon Business has revealed the expansion of 5G Business Internet, a fixed-wireless connectivity solution tailored for businesses of various sizes, across 21 additional U.S. cities in the current month. This service, serving as an alternative to cable, utilizes Verizon's 5G Ultra-Wideband technology as the core connectivity infrastructure, enabling comprehensive business operations, encompassing point-of-sale systems and employee productivity tools, complete with professional installation.
- In June 2023, L&T Technology Services revealed a strategic collaboration with Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) aimed at facilitating and supporting global enterprises in implementing private 5G networks. The partnership between BSNL and LTTS is set to foster innovation and introduce private 5G connectivity solutions to expedite the digital transformation of enterprises.
Revolution of Industry 4.0 in the 5G Enterprise Market
Industry 4.0 serves as a significant catalyst for the Global Enterprise 5G market. It enables organizations to efficiently handle large volumes of data, leveraging advanced technologies such as robotics, artificial intelligence, connected sensors, and cloud computing. Moreover, 5G seamlessly integrates with enterprise IT structures, quality of service (QoS) frameworks, and network security protocols, complementing existing wireless and IT infrastructure. This synergy propels the Internet of Things and greatly contributes to the advancement of the fourth industrial revolution.
- In April 2023, Nokia revealed the findings of its Industry 4.0 maturity index research, shedding light on the advancements and investment intentions regarding enterprise infrastructure in various important sectors. The results indicate that electronics and appliance manufacturers are at the forefront of Industry 4.0 technology investments.
5G drives increased enterprise IoT growth
A major catalyst for the growth of the Global 5G Enterprise Market is the development of smart cities through Internet of Things (IoT) technology. Smart cities rely on an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) framework that interconnects various objects and machines, enabling real-time wireless data transmission via the cloud. Consequently, the deployment of IoT emerges as a significant driver for the Global Enterprise 5G evolution of 5G technology. Based on data and forecasts from the Ericsson Mobility Report spanning from 2022 to 2028, the Internet of Things (IoT) is expected to experience significant growth across various categories. Notably, the wide-area IoT segment is anticipated to expand by 13%, cellular IoT by 12%, and short-range IoT by a remarkable 19%. Among these, the short-range IoT category demonstrates the highest projected growth rate.
EMERGING OPPORTUNITIES IN THE 5G ENTERPRISE NETWORK
- 5G NR (NEW RADIO)
5G NR (New Radio) represents the latest standard in 5G wireless technology, offering significantly improved speed, efficiency, and scalability. This technology empowers us to connect to numerous devices in our environment with minimal delay and lightning-fast speeds. Private 5G allows enterprises to establish and manage their 5G NR networks in a manner similar to how they would manage an enterprise Wi-Fi platform.
5G New Radio (NR) serves as the worldwide standard for an advanced and versatile 5G wireless air interface, offering remarkably faster and more responsive mobile experiences. Its ongoing evolution is enabling connectivity across various industries. Qualcomm, as a leading force in research and development, plays a pivotal role in advancing core 5G NR technology within the mobile ecosystem.
- In August 2023, Qualcomm Technologies International, Ltd., and BT Group announced their ongoing partnership, establishing 5G lab facilities at Qualcomm's Farnborough office in the United Kingdom. These labs feature BT Group's live environment, creating a testing ground for advancing 5G technologies. This collaboration aims to expedite the deployment and commercialization of next-generation 5G capabilities and services, benefiting both Qualcomm Technologies and BT Group, which operates the EE mobile network in the UK.
- In April 2022, India's Department of Telecommunications (DoT) issued an Expression of Interest (EoI) for the 5G Vertical Engagement and Partnership Program (VEPP). This initiative seeks to accelerate collaborations among different players in the 5G ecosystem and cater to the requirements of users and various industries.
- In May 2022, BT and Ericsson unveiled a fresh collaboration to introduce commercial 5G private networks to the UK market. This multi-year partnership empowers BT to promote and distribute cutting-edge mobile network technology solutions to various sectors, including manufacturing, military, education, retail, healthcare, transportation, and logistics.
MAJOR PLAYERS IN THE MARKET
Verizon, TCS, and Celona are some of the top players in the market. Their product offerings include:
5G Business Internet
Verizon's 5G Ultra-Wideband technology as the primary connectivity infrastructure, businesses can seamlessly operate their entire operations, including point-of-sale systems and employee productivity devices, with the added advantage of professional installation. 5G Business Internet serves as a valuable addition to Verizon Business' array of networking and digital transformation solutions, which also includes 5G mobility and 5G Edge mobile-edge computing (MEC) services.
Tata Consultancy Services
Enterprise 5G Edge suite
The TCS suite combines extensive functionalities for assisting businesses in creating, integrating, executing, and managing an enterprise 5G edge ecosystem through the Azure private MEC solution. This enables them to leverage the benefits of edge computing for 5G applications.
An adaptable and robust cloud-native network operating system designed for enterprise use. This system provides integrated 4G/5G core services, intelligent management of spectrum resources, and a comprehensive IP stack, ensuring seamless connectivity with enterprise local area networks (LANs).
The Global 5G Private Network Market has been analyzed through the following segments:
- By Component
- 5G Core
- Edge Server
- By Band
- Sub-6 GHz
- By Deployment
- By Industrial Vertical
- Oil & Mining
- By Geography
- United States
- South Korea
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Market Segmentation
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Bandwidth Availability
4.4. Number of Users
5. GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS/POLICIES
6. 5G ENTERPRISE MARKET, BY COMPONENT
6.3. 5G Core
6.5. Edge Server
7. 5G ENTERPRISE MARKET, BY BAND
7.2. Sub-6 GHz
8. 5G ENTERPRISE MARKET, BY DEPLOYMENT
9. 5G ENTERPRISE MARKET, BY INDUSTRY VERTICAL
9.3. Oil & Mining
10. 5G ENTERPRISE MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
10.2.1. United States
10.3. Europe, Middle East and Africa
10.4. Asia Pacific
10.4.3. South Korea
11. RECENT DEVELOPMENT AND INVESTMENTS
12. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
12.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
12.2. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
13. COMPANY PROFILES
13.1. Samsung Electronics
13.2. Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
13.3. Nokia Corporation
13.4. Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
13.5. AT&T Inc.
13.6. Cisco Systems, Inc.
13.7. Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
Cisco Systems, Inc.
Amazon Web Services, Inc.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|5G Antenna Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2023-2028||Aug 2023|
|5G Edge Computing Market Share & Share: Report, 2023-2028||Aug 2023|
|5G Segment Routing Market Size: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Nov 2023|
|5G Network Infrastructure Market Size & Share: Report, 2023-2028||Oct 2023|
|5G Wireless Network Infrastructure Market Size: Report, 2023-2028||Oct 2023|