Animal Feed Ingredients Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Source (Plant-Based, Animal-Based), By Type (Corn, Wheat, Soy, Soybean Meal, Rendered Meal, Fish Meal, Preservative, Colorant, Flavor, Others), By Livestock (Swine, Cattle, Poultry, Aquatic, Pet), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Sep 2023
- Report Code : KSI061616048
- Pages : 148
The animal feed ingredients market is anticipated to grow at a significant level in the forecast period.
Animal feed ingredients are the diverse components used to formulate the diets of livestock, poultry, and other animals to meet their nutritional requirements. These ingredients encompass a wide range of agricultural products and byproducts, such as grains (corn, wheat, soybeans), oilseeds, forages, minerals, vitamins, and additives, which are carefully combined to provide essential nutrients like protein, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, and minerals, ensuring the health, growth, and productivity of animals raised for food production, companionship, or other purposes.
The animal feed ingredients market is a dynamic sector of the agricultural industry that involves the production, distribution, and sale of various components used in formulating animal feeds. This market encompasses a wide range of products, including grains, oilseeds, protein meals, additives, and supplements, which are essential for meeting the nutritional needs of livestock, poultry, and aquaculture. It caters to a diverse range of industries, including meat and poultry production, dairy farming, aquaculture, pet food manufacturing, and even the pharmaceutical sector, as some feed ingredients are used for medicinal purposes in animal health. Factors influencing this market include the demand for meat and dairy products, changes in dietary preferences, environmental considerations, and advancements in animal nutrition research.
- Global Population Growth: The steadily increasing global population demands more food, particularly protein sources like meat and dairy. To meet this demand, livestock and poultry production must increase driving the need for high-quality feed ingredients.
- Rising Income Levels: As people's incomes rise, their diets tend to shift towards more protein-rich foods. This shift results in increased meat consumption, further boosting the demand for animal feed ingredients to support livestock production.
- Urbanization: Urbanization leads to lifestyle changes, including dietary preferences. Urban populations often consume more processed and meat-based foods, increasing the demand for animal feed ingredients to support intensive livestock farming.
- Nutritional Awareness: Growing awareness of the importance of animal nutrition in livestock and pet health drives the demand for specialized feed ingredients that enhance animal growth, health, and productivity.
- Technological Advancements: Advances in feed formulation and production technologies allow for the development of specialized feed ingredients tailored to the specific nutritional needs of different animal species, improving overall feed efficiency.
- Environmental Concerns: Increased awareness of the environmental impact of animal agriculture has led to a demand for sustainable feed ingredients, such as alternative protein sources and feed additives that reduce methane emissions from livestock.
- Regulatory Changes: Evolving regulations related to animal welfare, food safety, and antibiotic use in animal farming are driving the adoption of feed ingredients that promote healthier livestock and poultry production practices.
- Disease Management: Disease outbreaks in animal populations highlight the importance of feed additives and ingredients that enhance animal immunity and overall health, reducing the need for antibiotics.
- Consumer Preferences: Shifting consumer preferences towards organic, antibiotic-free, and ethically raised animal products influence the types of feed ingredients used in animal production, pushing for more natural and sustainable options.
- Global Trade: International trade in animal products and feed ingredients is on the rise, necessitating standardized, high-quality feed ingredients that meet regulatory requirements and food safety standards in different countries.
Products offered by key companies:
- BASF Natupulse TS: This is an enzyme product that is used to improve the digestibility of feed in poultry. It is made from non-starch polysaccharides (NSPs), which are naturally occurring carbohydrates that can be difficult for poultry to digest. The enzyme breaks down the NSPs into smaller molecules, which makes them easier for the poultry to absorb. This results in improved feed efficiency and reduced environmental impact.
- Alltech Bioplex: This is a feed additive that is made from plant extracts. It is used to improve the immune system of animals, making them less susceptible to disease. This can help to reduce the need for antibiotics, which is beneficial for both animal health and the environment.
- Innova Feeds Algae-based Feed Ingredient: This is an algae-based feed ingredient that is used as a replacement for fishmeal. Fishmeal is a common ingredient in animal feed, but it is a major contributor to overfishing. Algae-based feed ingredients are a more sustainable alternative, as they can be grown on land and do not require the use of wild fish.
Remarkable growth in the Plant-Based Soy and Soybean meal segment in the animal feed ingredients market:-
The "Plant-Based" category, especially "Soy" and "Soybean Meal," is experiencing major growth in the animal feed ingredients market. This growth is primarily driven by the increasing recognition of soy as a valuable source of protein and essential nutrients for various livestock, including poultry, swine, and aquaculture. Soy-based feed ingredients offer a sustainable alternative to animal-based protein sources, addressing environmental concerns and the demand for more ethical and healthier animal farming practices. Additionally, soy's versatility in feed formulation and its cost-effectiveness make it a favored choice among feed manufacturers looking to optimize nutrition and production efficiency while meeting the rising global demand for meat and dairy products.
The Asia-Pacific region is expected to hold a significant share of the animal feed ingredients market:
The Asia-Pacific region is poised to maintain a significant share of the animal feed ingredients market. This is primarily due to several factors, including regions rapidly growing population, increasing urbanization, rising income levels, and changing dietary preferences towards protein-rich foods like meat and dairy products. As a result, there is a substantial demand for livestock and poultry production in the region, driving the need for a significant quantity of animal feed ingredients. Additionally, the Asia-Pacific region has a well-established and expanding aquaculture industry, further contributing to the demand for aquatic feed ingredients. Moreover, as awareness of animal health and nutrition grows, there is a trend towards using high-quality feed ingredients to optimize production, which is propelling the market's growth in this region.
- In June 2023, Evonik, a specialty chemicals leader launched an improved Biolys for animal feeds. The new Biolys offers higher L-lysine concentration (62.4%) and additional nutrients from fermentation, enhancing efficiency in meeting animals' nutritional needs. This aligns with Evonik's sustainable strategy to meet global demand for animal protein while reducing resource usage. Biolys is produced with reduced carbon emissions, making it eco-friendly.
- In March 2023, IFF's Danisco Animal Nutrition & Health division launched Axtra PRIME, an enzyme blend designed to boost piglet production. Available in the U.S., this solution improves nutrient digestion, gut health, and overall piglet performance, addressing challenges during weaning and dietary changes. Axtra PRIME's blend of enzymes supports healthier piglet growth across different diets, as demonstrated in several studies.
- By Source
- By Type
- Soybean Meal
- Rendered Meal
- Fish Meal
- By Livestock
- By Geography
- Europe Middle East and Africa
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. ANIMAL FEED INGREDIENTS MARKET, BY SOURCE
6. ANIMAL FEED INGREDIENTS MARKET, BY TYPE
6.2.1. By Source
6.3.1. By Source
6.4.1. By Source
6.5. Soybean Meal
6.5.1. By Source
6.6. Rendered Meal
6.6.1. By Source
6.7. Fish Meal
6.7.1. By Source
6.8.1. By Source
6.8.2. By Type
6.9.1. By Source
6.10.1. By Source
7. ANIMAL FEED INGREDIENTS MARKET, BY LIVESTOCK
7.2.1. By Type
7.3.1. By Type
7.4.1. By Type
7.5.1. By Type
7.6.1. By Type
8. ANIMAL FEED INGREDIENTS MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
184.108.40.206. By Source
220.127.116.11. By Type
18.104.22.168. By Livestock
22.214.171.124. By Source
126.96.36.199. By Type
188.8.131.52. By Livestock
8.3. Europe Middle East and Africa
8.3.1. United Kingdom
184.108.40.206. By Source
220.127.116.11. By Type
18.104.22.168. By Livestock
22.214.171.124. By Source
126.96.36.199. By Type
188.8.131.52. By Livestock
184.108.40.206. By Source
220.127.116.11. By Type
18.104.22.168. By Livestock
8.4. Asia Pacific
22.214.171.124. By Source
126.96.36.199. By Type
188.8.131.52. By Livestock
184.108.40.206. By Source
220.127.116.11. By Type
18.104.22.168. By Livestock
22.214.171.124. By Source
126.96.36.199. By Type
188.8.131.52. By Livestock
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Feed Additives Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Aug 2023|
|Canada Feed Additives Market Size: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Jun 2023|
|United States Feed Additives Market Size: Report, 2023 - 2028||Jun 2023|
|Americas Feed Additives Market Size: Share & Trend: 2023 - 2028||Jun 2023|
|Asia Pacific Feed Additives Market Size & Share: 2023 - 2028||Aug 2023|