Asia Pacific Aerosol Cans Market Size, Share, Opportunities, COVID-19 Impact, And Trends By Can Type (Straight Wall, Necked-In, Shaped), By Material Type (Aluminium, Steel, Glass, Plastic), By Propellant Type (Liquefied Gas Propellant, Compressed Gas Propellant), By Application (Healthcare, Industrial, Grooming Products, Household, Others), By Industry Vertical (Personal Care And Cosmetics, Food And Beverage, Healthcare, Automotive, Others), And By Country - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Mar 2023
- Report Code : KSI061611033
- Pages : 124
The Asia-Pacific aerosol cans market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 4.87% over the forecast period to reach a market size of US$36.888 billion in 2028, from US$26.448 billion in 2021.
Aerosol cans are regarded as pressurized containers in which the contents of the fluid are stored at high temperatures. These cans ease various industrial operations such as polishing, lubricating, and painting. With the use of specialized nozzles and valves, the fluid content is released with the help of a propellant. Moreover, aerosol cans are used as a form of packaging for household products such as hairsprays, deodorants, and detergents. It’s the ease and convenience which is behind the success of these aerosol cans.
Driver: Growing use of aerosol cans in diverse industries.
Over the past few years, there has been an increase in the demand for cosmetics and personal care products around the Asia Pacific region which could be attributed to the evolving lifestyle changes and rising consumer purchasing power, which are further driving up demand for premium personal care products including body mists, hair sprays, and deodorants. In addition, the market is expanding as a result of the widened usage of aerosol paint in the automotive sector for vehicle protection and customization. Further, the rise in awareness about the sustainability of aerosol cans among consumers driven by their reusability and renewability is encouraging the growth of the market. The ability to produce aluminum cans by using recycled aluminum is resulting in high demand for aluminum cans due to their energy efficiency, reduced production cost, and eco-friendly properties.
Moreover, a rise in disposable income followed by changes in consumer lifestyles is also driving the market’s growth. In addition, further research and development initiatives, modernization, and technological advancements in packaging equipment are expected to promote and create new market opportunities for aerosol cans throughout the forecast period.
Major companies operating in the aerosol cans market in the Asia-Pacific region are enhancing their product offerings and production capabilities by introducing new products to the aerosol cans market. Consider the following instances:
- In June 2022, Weener Plastics introduced a ground-breaking spraying system for aerosol spray caps used for personal care. The performance of well-known, tried-and-true traditional spray caps is provided by this proprietary two-piece product technology, which is now the most environmentally friendly choice available. The material utilized for the insert and the clever design of the spray cap is what produce this exceptional performance and sustainability.
- In 2022, a new lightweight aerosol can was unveiled by Ball Corporation with the intent of reducing its carbon footprint. An internal life cycle analysis was conducted which reported that the new cans carry a 50% lower carbon footprint than standard cans. According to the Ball Corporation, a new holistic approach was taken for the development of these new aerosol cans by focusing on the environmental impact.
- In June 2022, Ball Corporation, an Indian company offering various packaging solutions introduced a new aerosol that can manufacture using 50% of recycled aluminum material that weighs 30% lower than conventional aluminum and hydroelectricity. This new product is anticipated to reduce carbon dioxide emissions and enhance the sustainable packaging solutions offered by the company.
By material type, the Asia-Pacific Aerosol can market has been segmented into aluminum, steel, glass, and plastic. The aluminum segment is anticipated to account for a major market share in 2021 and is projected to continue its dominance over the forecast period as aluminum cans are lightweight, durable, and resistant to corrosion, making them a popular choice for packaging a wide range of products. The steel and glass segment will witness promising growth, particularly in developing economies like India which are supporting the growth of this segment during the given time frame.
The Asia-Pacific aerosol can market is segmented into China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia, and others, based on country. Many domestic producers supply both the domestic and foreign markets, making China a significant producer of aerosol cans. As a result, it represents a substantial portion of the Asia Pacific aerosol cans market. Further, India’s huge and expanding population, rising consumer expenditure, and growing middle class all contribute to India's rapid growth as a market for aerosol cans. In India, the personal care and home care industries are the two main consumers of aerosol cans.
Key Market Segments
- By Can Type
- Straight Wall
- By Material Type
- By Propellant Type
- Liquefied Gas Propellant
- Compressed Gas Propellant
- By Application
- Grooming Products
- By Industry Vertical
- Personal Care And Cosmetics
- Food And Beverage
- By Country
- South Korea
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. ASIA-PACIFIC AEROSOL CANS MARKET ANALYSIS, BY CAN TYPE
5.2. Straight wall
6. ASIA-PACIFIC AEROSOL CANS MARKET ANALYSIS, BY MATERIAL TYPE
7. ASIA-PACIFIC AEROSOL CANS MARKET ANALYSIS, BY PROPELLANT TYPE
7.2. Liquefied Gas Propellant
7.3. Compressed Gas Propellant
8. ASIA-PACIFIC AEROSOL CANS MARKET ANALYSIS, BY APPLICATION
8.4. Grooming Products
9. ASIA-PACIFIC AEROSOL CANS MARKET ANALYSIS, BY INDUSTRY VERTICAL
9.2. Personal Care and Cosmetics
9.3. Food and Beverage
10. ASIA-PACIFIC AEROSOL CANS MARKET ANALYSIS, BY COUNTRY
10.5. South Korea
11. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
11.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
11.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
11.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
11.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
12. COMPANY PROFILES
12.1. Ball Corporation
12.3. BWAY Corporation
12.4. Avery Dennison Corporation
12.5. Exal Corporation
12.6. Shanghai Nansen Industry Co., Ltd.
12.7. Shanghai Sunhome Industrial Co., Ltd.
12.8. Jamestrong Packaging
12.9. Zenith Spray and Aerosols Private Limited
12.10. Aero-pack Industries, Inc.
Shanghai Nansen Industry Co., Ltd.
Shanghai Sunhome Industrial Co., Ltd.
Zenith Spray and Aerosols Private Limited
Aero-pack Industries, Inc.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Aerosol Cans Market Size, Share & Trends: Industry Report, 2021-2026||Nov 2021|
|Middle East and Africa Aerosol Cans Market Size: 2022-2027||Mar 2022|
|Europe Aerosol Cans Market Size & Share: Report, 2022 - 2027||Aug 2022|
|South America Aerosol Cans Market Size & Share: 2022 - 2027||Mar 2020|