Blister Card Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Product Type (Single-blister Card, Double-blister Card), By End-use Industry (Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, Electronics & Electricals, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2024 To 2029
- Published : Jan 2024
- Report Code : KSI061616614
- Pages : 140
The blister card market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.58% during the forecast period.
The pharmaceutical industry's reliance on specialized packaging to protect the integrity of medical items is increasing the value of the blister card market. Blister packaging's tamper and contamination-resistant features are also driving market growth. Because of the creative use of PVC materials and thermoforming methods that assist in lowering operational costs, blister packaging has emerged as the preferred option for packaging in the pharmaceutical business. The growing reliance of the geriatric population on pharmaceutical items, particularly those packaged in blister packaging, is driving market dynamics. Companies are providing eco-friendly blister packaging materials to extend their consumer base with the newest blister packaging industry trends.
Blister cards are moulded plastic pieces that are mostly sealed to a sheet of paper or metal and are used to box items such as tablets or large quantities of low-cost consumer electronics. Plastic substrates as a forming film and paper and paperboard or aluminium as lidding materials are the most common materials utilized in this type of packaging. This sort of packaging has several advantages over conventional packaging alternatives, including cost savings, ease of handling, and protection for each little packed material, among others. Blister cards are used in the healthcare sector to package medical equipment and medications. Furthermore, blister card packaging is commonly employed in food and consumer goods packaging. Furthermore, blister manufacture takes low resources, and the solutions take up less shelf space, are easy to handle, provide great protection against environmental factors, and have a nice hang hook display characteristic. Because of the minimum resources required and the affordable availability of raw materials, package producers were able to offer cost-effective solutions to a diverse variety of consumers, hence driving the blister card packaging market share.
- Huge demand from the pharmaceutical business is fueling market expansion: The pharmaceutical industry has created a huge demand. This is due to its increased use in the packaging of various healthcare items including prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs, medical gadgets, and others. Blister packs provide product protection, tamper-evident features, and the ability to pack unit dosages of medicinal medications conveniently. Furthermore, the growing trend of smart blister packaging is driving blister packaging market growth in the healthcare sector. This entails tracking a patient's medicine consumption to increase compliance by delivering medication data depending on their behaviour.
- The rise of e-commerce channels is likely to fuel market growth: The e-commerce business has grown significantly in recent years, particularly in emerging and developing countries. To meet this constantly increasing need, companies throughout the world rely on blister cards as an effective, aesthetically pleasing, and environmentally responsible packaging option.
- The option of customizable blister cards is a prime market driver: Consumers are searching for packaging solutions that will not only protect their pricey products during delivery but also show them elegantly on their shelves, and the packaging industry is seeing a boom in demand for user-friendly designs since they are customizable as per the consumer needs.
- Surge in demand from the consumer industry is also propelling market growth: The packaging of toys, cosmetics, toothbrushes, and personal care items is one area where the consumer goods sector is seeing a rise in the use of blister packaging solutions. Blister packaging provides superior product visibility, protection, cheaper cost, and customization choices, which boosts consumer goods packaging demand.
- The rising trend of eco-friendly packaging solutions is positively influencing market dynamics: Consumers' growing environmental concerns about the negative environmental implications of various packaging alternatives fuel demand for blister packaging solutions manufactured from sustainable materials.
Products offered by key companies:
- Formpack® Blister System, Amcor: Formpack® Prima Blister System is a cost-effective solution that balances performance and affordability. The Formpack® Blister System is Amcor's unique cold form that ensures protective barrier qualities. High-performance Formpack® Ultra Blister System ensures maximum product protection.
- Constantia Flexibles, Regula Circ: REGULA CIRC preserves all of the exceptional qualities of REGULA's proven solution for complete barrier blister packs. It is PVC-free and offers complete protection against moisture, oxygen, light, and gasses. It also improves sorting and has a longer shelf life.
The prominent growth in the pharmaceutical sector under the End-User segment
The pharmaceutical sector captured the major market share and is poised to expand significantly over the forecast period. Over the last several decades, governments all over the world have imposed severe laws on the packaging of pharmaceutical products such as drugs, medications, and so on. This has significantly increased the need for blister cards in the pharmaceutical business on a global scale. Blister cards provide a safe and visible packaging option for displaying individual dosages. Blister cards are in high demand in the market because they help with medication adherence by not only offering structured and labelled sections for each dosage but also improving medication management for caregivers. Demand for blister cards is likely to increase as pharmaceutical businesses continue to promote patient-centric methods and regulatory compliance.
The Asia Pacific region is expected to hold a significant share of the blister card market:
The Asia Pacific region emerged as the major market leader and is poised to expand significantly over the forecast period. This growth and expansion can be attributed to the presence of emerging economies like India and China. The pharmaceutical sector in India has grown rapidly in recent years as a result of increased medical spending by both the government and commercial entities. Blister cards are becoming increasingly popular in this market because they provide a safe and tamper-evident packing option. The blister card market's expansion can also be attributable to a significant increase in retail chains and internet pharmacies. Blister cards, with their transparent bodies and printed cardboard backs, give extensive product information to customers and this is the prime reason why it is widely utilized. Similarly, the Chinese blister card market is predicted to rise rapidly throughout the forecast period. There has been a huge shift in the shopping habits of Chinese customers, who increasingly choose online platforms over supermarkets and local businesses. Blister cards provide an effective and efficient packaging method to meet this need, increasing market revenue overall. The blister card market has benefited from the rise in disposable incomes of middle-class Chinese customers. The retail business has grown as a result of increased purchasing power, therefore extending the market expansion.
- SÜDPACK Medica announced "PharmaGuard" in May 2023, a novel blister idea for solid applications. The recyclable packaging concept is a cornerstone in enhancing the pharmaceutical industry's eco-balance.
- AmSkyTM, Amcor's groundbreaking recycle-ready healthcare blister system invention, won the US Plastics Pact Sustainable Packaging Invention Award in the Recyclability category in November 2022. AmSkyTM provides a more sustainable choice with a lower carbon footprint for the most popular kind of healthcare packaging – blister packaging, which is commonly used to package and preserve oral solid pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals.
- BY PRODUCT TYPE
- Single-Blister Card
- Double-Blister Card
- BY END-USE INDUSTRY
- Medical Devices
- Electronics & Electricals
- BY GEOGRAPHY
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
2.2. Research Process
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Key Findings
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. BLISTER CARD MARKET, BY PRODUCT TYPE
5.2. Single-Blister Card
5.3. Double-Blister Card
6. BLISTER CARD MARKET, BY END-USE INDUSTRY
6.3. Medical Devices
6.4. Electronics and Electricals
7. BLISTER CARD MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
7.2. North America
7.2.1. United States
7.3. South America
7.4.1. United Kingdom
7.5. The Middle East and Africa
7.5.1. Saudi Arabia
7.6. Asia Pacific
7.6.4. South Korea
8. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
8.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
8.2. Market Share Analysis
8.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9. COMPANY PROFILES
9.2. Constantia Flexibles
9.3. UFlex Limited
9.4. Sonoco Products Company
9.5. WestRock Company
9.7. Honeywell International Inc
9.8. Klöckner Pentaplast
9.10. Tekni Plex
Sonoco Products Company
Honeywell International Inc
|Get Sample PDF
|Global Pharmaceutical Packaging Market Size: Report, 2024-2029
|Medical Device Packaging Market Size: Industry Report, 2022 - 2027
|Blister Packaging Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2023-2028
|Food Blister Packaging Market Size & Share: Report, 2022-2027
|Ampoules And Blister Packaging Market Size: Report, 2023 - 2028