Chocolate Wrapping Film Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Application (Dark, Milk, White), By Material (PET, PVC, BOPP), By Packaging Type (Sheets, Rolls), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Oct 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615942
- Pages : 144
The chocolate wrapping film market is projected to grow at a significant level in the forecast period.
Chocolate wrapping film is a specialized packaging material designed to encase and protect chocolate products. It is a thin, flexible, and often transparent material that provides a barrier against moisture, air, and contaminants, ensuring the freshness, flavor, and quality of the chocolate. This film also serves aesthetic and marketing purposes, enhancing the visual appeal of the product and conveying vital information to consumers.
This market offers a range of packaging materials, such as PET, PVC, and BOPP, in various formats like sheets and rolls. Chocolate wrapping films play a pivotal role in maintaining product freshness, protecting against moisture and contaminants, enhancing visual appeal through customizable designs, and contributing to branding efforts. The market is driven by factors including extended shelf life, consumer preference for attractive packaging, food safety regulations, sustainability considerations, and the need for efficient distribution and retail display.
- Preservation of Freshness: A primary driver is the ability of chocolate wrapping films to create a protective barrier against moisture, air, and contaminants. By maintaining an optimal microenvironment around the chocolate, these films ensure the product's freshness, flavour, and texture, contributing to a delightful consumer experience.
- Extended Shelf Life: The effective protection provided by chocolate wrapping films results in an extended shelf life for chocolate products. By shielding them from external elements that can cause spoilage or degradation, these films help reduce the risk of waste and enable chocolates to remain desirable and consumable over a more extended period.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Chocolate wrapping films play a crucial role in enhancing the visual appeal of chocolate products. Transparent films allow consumers to see the enticing colors and textures of the chocolates, contributing to their overall attractiveness on store shelves and enticing consumers to make a purchase.
- Consumer Convenience: The convenience offered by chocolate wrapping films is a significant driver. These films often include user-friendly features such as easy-open tabs or tear strips, making it effortless for consumers to access the product while maintaining its freshness and preventing damage.
- Protection Against Temperature Fluctuations: Chocolate is sensitive to temperature fluctuations, which can affect its quality. Wrapping films with insulating properties shield chocolates from temperature variations during storage, transportation, and display, ensuring that the product remains stable and enjoyable.
- Marketing and Branding: Packaging is a crucial marketing tool, and chocolate wrapping films provide a canvas for brand logos, graphics, and promotional information. Customizable designs and branding elements influence consumer perception and purchasing decisions, enhancing brand recognition and loyalty.
- Hygiene and Food Safety: Chocolate wrapping films create a protective barrier between the chocolate and external factors, safeguarding it from physical contact and potential contaminants. This ensures that consumers enjoy chocolates in a hygienic and safe manner, meeting stringent food safety standards.
- Retail Shelf Appeal: The eye-catching appearance of chocolate wrapping films contributes to an attractive in-store display. Colorful designs, transparency, and innovative packaging solutions capture the attention of shoppers, leading to increased visibility and potential impulse purchases.
- Customization Options: Manufacturers can tailor chocolate wrapping films to specific size, shape, and design requirements. This customization allows brands to create distinctive and unique packaging that resonates with their target audience, contributing to product differentiation.
- Sustainability Concerns: The growing emphasis on sustainability and environmental consciousness is a significant driver for the adoption of eco-friendly chocolate wrapping films. Consumers and manufacturers alike are increasingly seeking packaging materials that are biodegradable, compostable, or made from recycled content to reduce the environmental impact of packaging waste.
Products offered by key companies:
- Barry Callebaut launched a new line of chocolate bars with packaging made from compostable materials. The packaging is made from a combination of PLA (polylactic acid) and sugarcane. It can be composted in home compost bins or industrial composting facilities.
- Nestlé launched a new range of KitKat bars with packaging made from a combination of paper and plastic. The packaging is designed to be 10% lighter than the previous version, which will save 2,500 tons of plastic per year.
Positive growth in the Dark Chocolate segment:
The "Dark Chocolate" segment of the chocolate wrapping film market is experiencing rapid positive growth. This can be attributed to the increasing consumer preference for premium and high-cocoa-content chocolates, which often fall under the dark chocolate category. Dark chocolates are sought after for their perceived health benefits and rich flavours, driving higher demand. As a result, manufacturers are focusing on enhancing the visual appeal and protective qualities of packaging, including wrapping films, to showcase and preserve the quality of dark chocolate products, thus contributing to the segment's notable expansion.
The European region is expected to hold a significant share:
Europe is anticipated to dominate the chocolate wrapping film market share due to the continent's rich tradition of chocolate consumption and production, coupled with stringent regulations on food safety and packaging. European consumers' discerning tastes and the emphasis on high-quality presentation align with the need for effective and visually appealing chocolate wrapping films, positioning Europe as a key market influencer.
- In May 2023, Mars Incorporated is conducting a trial in the UK, replacing plastic wrappers on Mars bars with environmentally friendly paper packaging at 500 Tesco stores. The company aims to assess the feasibility and effectiveness of recyclable paper packaging as an alternative. Current plastic wrappers for Mars bars are not recyclable, and this initiative aligns with broader efforts to address packaging waste and enhance sustainability.
- In Jan 2023, Leipzig-based chocolate start-up nucao is revolutionizing the chocolate industry by introducing sustainable primary packaging made from paper, specifically Koehler NexPlus Advanced from Koehler Paper.
- By Application
- By Material
- By Packaging Type
- By Geography
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Design
2.2. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Key Findings
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. CHOCOLATE WRAPPING FILMS MARKET, BY APPLICATION
6. CHOCOLATE WRAPPING FILMS MARKET, BY MATERIAL
7. CHOCOLATE WRAPPING FILMS MARKET, BY PACKAGING TYPE
8. CHOCOLATE WRAPPING FILMS MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.2.1. United States
8.3. South America
8.4.1. United Kingdom
8.5. Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.4. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. Amcor Plc
10.2. Berry Global, Inc.
10.3. Mondi Group
10.4. Flex Films
10.5. Cosmo Films
10.6. Toray Plastics (America) Inc.
10.7. Innovia Films
10.8. Futamura Group
10.9. TC Transcontinental
10.10. Polysack Limited
Berry Global, Inc.
Toray Plastics (America) Inc.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Anti Fog Lidding Films Market Size, Share & Analysis | 2019 -2024||Mar 2020|
|Shrink Films Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2019-2024||Apr 2021|
|Lidding Films Market Report: Industry Share & Growth, 2019-2024||Mar 2021|
|Confectionery Packaging Market Size & Share: Report, 2023-2028||Oct 2023|
|Dairy Packaging Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2023-2028||Oct 2023|