Germany Flu Diagnostic And Treatment Market Size, Share, Opportunities, COVID-19 Impact, And Trends By Type Of Flu (Type A, Type B), By Offering (Diagnostics (Rapid Influenza Diagnostic Test, Rapid Molecular Assay, Others), Therapeutics), By Age Group (0-14 Years, 15-64 Years, >=65 Years), And By End-User (Hospital Laboratory, Outpatient Clinic, Reference Laboratory) - Forecasts From 2022 To 2027
- Published : Aug 2022
- Report Code : KSI061613353
- Pages : 75
The Germany flu diagnostic and treatment market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 14.13% throughout the forecast period to reach US$6,653.487 million in 2027, from US$2,638.271 million in 2020.
The market for flu diagnostics and treatment in Germany is anticipated to propel at decent growth throughout the forecast period. The key factors that bolstered the growth of the market in this country are the availability of a highly developed healthcare industry. The rising prevalence of flu throughout the country is also one of the key factors which are anticipated to propel the growth opportunities for the market to decent growth. The rising prevalence of influenza is further augmenting the number of hospitalizations for treatment purposes and leading to an increase in the number of diagnostic tests, which is also projected to significantly drive the market growth of flu diagnostic and treatment in the coming years.
The German flu diagnostic and treatment market is expected to grow due to the rising number of cases, low medication prices, improved government measures, and others.
Furthermore, the increase in the number of hospitalizations for influenza-related illnesses is also projected to increase during the coming years, which is also anticipated to support the market growth during the forecast period and beyond. Moreover, the increasing government focus on quality healthcare services is leading to a surge in the healthcare expenditure of the country, which is also expected to provide opportunities for the market to grow in the upcoming years. For instance, according to the World Bank Group, current health expenditure (% of GDP) in Germany is 11.7% of their GDP in the year 2019. Similarly, according to the Federal Statistical Office (Destatis), in 2020, healthcare expenditure in Germany of 67.9 billion euros (approximately US$69.29) was financed from government subsidies. This was an increase of 31.5% as compared to 2019. All these factors are anticipated to collectively contribute to the growth of the flu diagnostics and treatment market growth in Germany.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. provides the Cobas® SARS-CoV- 2 and Influenza A & B tests. The company claims that the test kit can differentiate between COVID-19 and Flu. The test only takes 20 mins with minimum cross-contamination and risk of exposure during testing with the closed-system design.
- Abbott’s introduced ID NOWTM Influenza A & B 2 assay that provides molecular flu results in 13 minutes or less, which is significantly faster than other molecular methods and more accurate than traditional rapid tests. The ability to make efficient treatment decisions is made possible by rapid diagnostic procedures with increased sensitivity.
- Influenza A IgM ELISA kit is designed for the specific IgM antibodies detection and quantitative determination of influenza A in serum and plasma. The kit is a product of Impressum AGB, a Germany-based company.
Since the healthcare sector was overburdened with COVID-19 patients, the diagnostics and therapeutics for influenza cases declined to affect the market potential in 2020. From the beginning of the pandemic, Germany had seen a reduction in flu cases with the surge of COVID-19 cases in the country according to the Federal Statistical Office. To prevent COVID-19 deaths in the country, overall measures were taken by the German health department, ultimately resulting in a reduction of influenza cases in Germany. These factors affected the growth of the German flu diagnostics and treatment market.
- By Type of Flu
- Type A
- Type B
- By Offering
- Rapid Influenza Diagnostic Test
- Rapid Molecular Assay
- By Age Group
- 0-14 Years
- 15-64 Years
- >=65 Years
- By End-User
- Hospital Laboratory
- Outpatient Clinic
- Reference Laboratory
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. COVID-19 Scenario
1.3. Market Definition
1.4. Market Segmentation
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Research Data
3. Executive Summary
3.1. Research Highlights
4. Market Dynamics
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. Germany Flu Diagnostic and Treatment Market Analysis, By Type of Flu
5.2. Type A
5.3. Type B
6. Germany Flu Diagnostic and Treatment Market Analysis, By Offering
6.2.1. Rapid Influenza Diagnostic Test
6.2.2. Rapid Molecular Assay
7. Germany Flu Diagnostic and Treatment Market Analysis, By Age Group
7.2. 0-14 Years
7.3. 15-64 Years
7.4. >=65 Years
8. Germany Flu Diagnostic and Treatment Market Analysis, By End-User
8.2. Hospital Laboratory
8.3. Outpatient Clinic
8.4. Reference Laboratory
9. Competitive Environment and Analysis
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. Company Profiles
10.2. Quidel Corporation
10.3. F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
10.4. Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
10.5. H.U. Group Holdings, Inc
10.6. OPTI Medical Systems, Inc.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
H.U. Group Holdings, Inc
OPTI Medical Systems, Inc.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Italy Flu Diagnostic and Treatment Market Size & Share: 2022–2027||Aug 2022|
|Spain Flu Diagnostic and Treatment Market Size: 2022-2027||Aug 2022|
|Russia Flu Diagnostic and Treatment Market Size: 2022-2027||Aug 2022|
|Sweden Flu Diagnostic and Treatment Market Size: 2022-2027||Aug 2022|
|Europe Flu Diagnostic and Treatment Market Size: 2022 – 2027||Aug 2022|