Global Automotive Wiper Motor Market Size, Share, Opportunities, COVID-19 Impact, And Trends By Product Type (Brush And Brushless DC Motor, Stepper Motor), By Vehicle Type (Passenger Vehicle, Light Commercial Vehicle, Heavy Commercial Vehicle), By End-User (OEMs, Aftermarket) And By Geography - Forecasts From 2022 To 2027
- Published : Nov 2022
- Report Code : KSI061613125
- Pages : 135
The global automotive wiper motor market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.68%, reaching a market size of US$4.753 billion in 2027 from US$3.69 billion in 2020.
The growth is attributed to the increasing production and demand for vehicles. The wiper motor is a component that is an important part of the wiper system that is used to clean the windshield and provide the driver with a clear and unobstructed view of the road. A wiper motor is an electromechanical component that powers the windshield wipers. The wipers move radially across the windshield to remove any debris, water, or snow to provide an unobstructed view. With the help of linkages, the rotational motion of the wipers is converted into the to and fro motion of the wiper. The most commonly used motor in the wiper system is the DC motor.
The need for safer driving on the road means the windshield has to be clean so that drivers can view the road properly. This is going to drive the market over the coming years. The key players are investing in bringing new technology wiper systems like the rain-sensing wiper systems, which deploy the wiper blades when the rain sensor senses rain on the windshield. Also, some SUVs and other big cars come with a rear windshield wiper. These factors will also play a role in driving the market.
- April 2019: a wiper motor manufacturing facility was officially opened by Valeo, a leading automotive manufacturer, and partner to automakers globally, in Vallam, Chennai. The factory will produce rear wiper motors for the Indian aftermarket and OEM markets. The new facility, which has a built-up area of 1,200 sq meters and a total area of 1,530 square meters, can currently produce 500,000 units per year with an option to extend that to 750,000 units. This factory, which is said to be Valeo's first manual hybrid production line ever, is set up with a traceability system that includes a QR Code laser marking capabilities for process and product traceability. Additionally, cameras will be used to monitor the entire production line to ensure complete product and process control.
- April 2021: Barfield and Falgayras Sign an Agreement for Warranty Repair and Distribution of Wiper Motors for the Airbus A220. Falgayras and AFI KLM E&M American Subsidiary enter into a contract for AFI KLM E&M American Subsidiary to serve as the product line's distributing and warranty repair centre in the Americas. Their products will be supported in the Americas via this partnership. Falgayras items will be delivered with exceptional quality owing to Barfield's experience and reputation in MRO and distribution services.
- July 2022: Wiper Blades Limited is a major e-commerce company that specializes in the online selling of automobile wiper blades and other related products through operating websites. Wiper Blades Limited is being acquired by Vertu Motors, a UK automotive dealer with a network of over 160 sales and aftersales stores. This acquisition significantly expands the Group’s digital capabilities and reaches and is consistent with the Group's stated objective of developing auxiliary businesses to generate revenue and profit sources that are complementing the main company. It claimed that Wiper Blades is a solid addition to the Powerbulbs.com company it acquired in June 2020.
- Select Automotive Wiper Motor: For many well-known makes and models, Select Automotive offers a large selection of 12V front wiper motors, front wiper linkages, and rear wiper motors.
- With original equipment-designed connection plugs for simple installation, the front wiper motors are compatible with right-hand drive vehicles in the UK and offer secure attachment to the linkage or vehicle. To accommodate model differences including hatchback and estate, the rear motors have a range of sweep angles and outlet water options. Select Automotive products come with a 12-month warranty, so customers can be sure that they are high-quality aftermarket components.
- Parvalux VIPER3: Windshield wiper motors from Parvalux are ideal for applications on land and at sea because of their high power and complete reliability, which ensure operation in all weather situations. The company offers wiper motor solutions for various means of transportation, including 230V AC, 24V DC, and 12V DC. In order to streamline design, it not only offers a geared motor solution but also incorporates wiper parking connections or sensors into the gearbox. The VIPER3 is a vital component of any large wiper system because it is specifically made to connect smoothly to vehicles across the railroad, marine, freight, and transport industries.
- Bosch Jet Wiper Motor: A wiper motor and two wiper arms make up a windshield wiper system. The driver pushes the two wiper arms across the windshield at a specific angle, giving the driver and passenger a clear view. An ideal wiping outcome is guaranteed by a rubber wiping lip that is carefully designed. The new series of Jet Wiper arms greatly enhance visibility. The washer fluid is applied precisely where it is required by the Jet Wiper, i.e. directly in front of the wiper blade. Because the spray nozzles are included into the wiper arm, cleaning performance is enhanced, the field of view is expanded, and a clear view is made possible. Contrary to typical systems, no widespread spray mist is produced. Even at faster speeds, visibility is much enhanced by this.
By Product Type
By product type, the global automotive wiper motor market has been segmented as brush and brushless DC motors and stepper motors. Brush and Brushless DC Motor hold a significant amount of share of the market as they are increasingly common in the wiper system of all types of cars.
By Vehicle Type
By vehicle type, the global automotive wiper motor market has been segmented as passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy commercial vehicles. Though all vehicles come fitted with a wiper motor, passenger cars hold a significant share due to the higher demand for passenger cars.
By end-user, the global automotive wiper motor market has been segmented into OEMs and aftermarkets. OEMs hold a significant share in the market owing to the fact that all vehicles are included with a wiper motor in their wiper system.
Geographically, the global automotive wiper motor market is segmented into North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, Asia-Pacific, and South America. The Asia Pacific holds a great amount of market share in the market owing to the increasing amount of demand and production in the region.
Global Automotive Wiper Motor Market Scope:
|Market Size Value in 2020||US$3.69 billion|
|Market Size Value in 2027||US$4.753 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 3.68% from 2020 to 2027|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Billion|
|Segments Covered||Product Type, Vehicle Type, End-User, And Geography|
|Regions Covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies Covered||Sanauto Engineers India Pvt. Ltd., Lucas TVS Limited, Valeo Service, PSV Wipers Limited, CARDONE Industries, Magneti Marelli Parts & Services, Robert Bosch GmbH|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
The global automotive wiper motor market has been analyzed through the following segments:
- By Product Type
- Brush and Brushless DC Motor
- Stepper Motor
- By Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
- By End-User
- By Geography
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. COVID-19 Scenario
1.3. Market Definition
1.4. Market Segmentation
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. GLOBAL AUTOMOTIVE WIPER MOTOR MARKET BY PRODUCT TYPE
5.1. Brush and Brushless DC Motor
5.2. Stepper Motor
6. GLOBAL AUTOMOTIVE WIPER MOTOR MARKET BY VEHICLE TYPE
6.1. Passenger vehicle
6.2. Light commercial vehicle
6.3. Heavy commercial vehicle
7. GLOBAL AUTOMOTIVE WIPER MOTOR MARKET BY END-USER
8. GLOBAL AUTOMOTIVE WIPER MOTOR MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
8.1. North America
8.2. South America
8.3.3. United Kingdom
8.4. Middle East and Africa
8.4.1. Saudi Arabia
8.5. Asia Pacific
8.5.3. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. Sanauto Engineers India Pvt. Ltd.
10.2. Lucas TVS Limited
10.3. Valeo Service
10.4. PSV Wipers Limited
10.5. CARDONE Industries
10.6. Magneti Marelli Parts & Services
10.7. Robert Bosch GmbH
Sanauto Engineers India Pvt. Ltd.
Lucas TVS Limited
PSV Wipers Limited
Magneti Marelli Parts & Services
Robert Bosch GmbH
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Smart Sensors Market Size, Share & Growth: Report, 2021-2026||Dec 2021|
|In-Wheel Motor Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Mar 2023|
|Automotive Electronics Market Growth: Industry Report, 2019 - 2024||May 2021|
|Automotive Sensors Market Size & Share: Report, 2022 - 2027||Sep 2022|
|Global Brushless DC Motor Market Size: Industry Report, 2021–2026||Aug 2021|