Global Vertical Carousels Market Size, Share, Opportunities, COVID-19 Impact, And Trends By Load Capacity (Up To 3,000 Lbs, 3,000-7,000 Lbs, More Than 7,000 Lbs), By End User (Manufacturing, Healthcare, Retail, Food And Beverage, Paper, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2022 To 2027
- Published : Dec 2022
- Report Code : KSI061610388
- Pages : 138
The global vertical carousels market is expected to reach US$2.192 billion by the end of 2027, increasing from US$1.192 billion in 2020, and growing at a CAGR of 9.09% during the forecast period.
Vertical carousels consist of a series of shelves that rotate on a person’s command and deliver selected items at an ergonomically safe and convenient height. These carousels are used for space-saving when there is a need for the maintenance of excess inventory in small warehouses. Thus, the growing third-party logistics industry is augmenting the demand for vertical carousels across the globe. The rising demand for processed food and beverage is further fuelling the demand for automated vertical carousels in order to cover the content with a dust cover protection panel system that reduces or eliminates dust and particulates in product storage. Due to the growing IT industry, vertical carousels also enable the manufacturer to track down the goods, limit errors and thefts, and thus reduce the costs of storage and errors. The rising global aging population is propelling the growth of the global pharmaceutical market which, in turn, escalates the demand for vertical carousels to provide hygiene, security, and climatic- and humidity-controlled environments to various medical devices, as well as medicines.
Growth Factors driving the market
Some of the benefits of the verticals carousels that are expected to drive growth in the market are:
- Vertical carousels can augment available floor space and capitalize on storage density. Vertical carousels are taller in length than they are in width. This means vertical carousels have a small footprint on the floor, thus, freeing up valuable horizontal square footage for other purposes than storage. Hence, vertical carousels optimize the overhead air space, which is also called “air rights.” Air rights are always susceptible to being the most underutilized space in factories and warehouses. Vertical carousels tap into that unutilized potential, thus increasing storage capacity without increasing the actual footprint on the warehouse floor. Since they increase available floor space and optimize storage density, these carousels can be particularly useful in extremely small spaces for the optimal utilization of space. For instance, hospital pharmacies are about 2,000 square feet in area, usually. Not only does that space need to be utilised for medication storage but also pharmacists and technicians need to work in that space too. SencorpWhite, a US-based manufacturing company, that offers these solutions and services, has been able to mitigate the storage footprint in hospitals and pharmacies by at least 50% by replacing static shelving with these vertical carousels. Developments like this are thus expected to hold the vertical carousel market in good stead.
- Vertical carousels also offer very beneficial ergonomic traits. These carousels terminate the need for operators to bend over or reach for items when picking them out. That’s because vertical carousels present products to operators at a counter height that is 40 inches from the ground, which is also the height recommended by agencies around the world as an optimal height for a work source. Additionally, when these carousels are used, operators do not have to tread the warehouse floor or make use of a ladder or man-lift machinery to access items stored on the elevated shelves. Ergonomic benefits like these have thus enhanced employee satisfaction and have led to improved warehouse productivity, which is again expected to drive the growth of the market across various sectors.
Regular maintenance to constrain growth in the market
These carousels require regular maintenance of themselves for their optimal output which is expected to become a financial burden on the consumer, thus restraining growth. The carousels require a technician for the evaluation of the system and the inspection of the wiring, tracks, wheels, and other internal components. They further check the machine in motion, in order to check the chain tracks, chains, and drive chains, and complete any necessary repairs. All these requirements for maintenance that come attached to vertical carousels are thus expected to hinder the growth of the market.
- The Kardex Megamat is an automated vertical carousel that brings stored inventory to an operator by rotating vertically around a track. Its models include Megamat 180, Megamat 350, and Megamat 650 according to the storage capacity.
- Vertical automated storage solutions offered by Modula are designed to save space and time, while also improving process efficiency. The Modula automated vertical warehouses are 100% customizable, depending on the choice of the customer. The models offered are Modula Lift, Modula Slim, and Modula OnePick.
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic had a varied impact on the vertical carousel market across the globe. Due to the mandated lockdowns and social distancing measures implemented by various governments around the world, there was a major slowdown in various end-user industry verticals of the market due to the halt of production facilities. However, the emergence of the healthcare and pharmacy sector during this period granted considerable growth to the market.
Global Vertical Carousels Market Scope:
|Market Size Value in 2020||US$1.192 billion|
|Market Size Value in 2027||US$2.192 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 9.09% from 2020 to 2027|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Billion|
|Segments Covered||Load Capacity, End User, And Geography|
|Regions Covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies Covered||Bastian Solutions, Inc., Cisco-Eagle Inc., Modula Inc., Electroclass, Kardex Group, SencorpWhite, Inc., SSI SCHAEFER, ULMA Handling Systems, Vidir Machine, Inc., Mecalux, S.A.|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
- By Load Capacity
- Up to 3,000 lbs
- 3,000-7,000 lbs
- More than 7,000 lbs
- By End User
- Food and Beverage
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Covid-19 Scenario
1.3. Market Definition
1.4. Market Segmentation
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Driver
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of End-Users
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. GLOBAL VERTICAL CAROUSELS MARKET, BY LOAD CAPACITY
5.2. Up to 3,000 lbs
5.3. 3,000-7,000 lbs
5.4. More than 7,000 lbs
6. GLOBAL VERTICAL CAROUSELS MARKET, BY END-USER
6.5. Food and Beverage
7. GLOBAL VERTICAL CAROUSELS MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
7.2. North America
7.3. South America
7.5. Middle East and Africa
7.5.2. Saudi Arabia
7.6. Asia Pacific
7.6.4. South Korea
8. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
8.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
8.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
8.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
8.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
9. COMPANY PROFILES
9.1. Bastian Solutions, Inc.
9.2. Cisco-Eagle Inc.
9.3. Modula Inc.
9.5. Kardex Group
9.6. SencorpWhite, Inc.
9.7. SSI SCHAEFER
9.8. ULMA Handling Systems
9.9. Vidir Machine, Inc.
9.10. Mecalux, S.A.
Bastian Solutions, Inc.
ULMA Handling Systems
Vidir Machine, Inc.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Automated Material Handling Market Size: Report, 2022-2027||Aug 2022|
|Asia Pacific (APAC) Automated Material Handling Market: 2022-2027||Dec 2022|
|Europe Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Automated Material Handling Market: 2019 - 2024||Mar 2020|
|North America Automated Material Handling Market Size: 2019 - 2024||Mar 2020|
|South America Automated Material Handling Market Size: 2019 - 2024||Mar 2020|