Hardware Firewall Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Type (Packet Filtering, Stateful Packet Inspection, Application Level Gateways, Others), By Application (Router (Wired, Wireless) Broadband Gateways), By Enterprise Size (Small, Medium, Large), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Nov 2023
- Report Code : KSI061616182
- Pages : 147
The hardware firewall market is anticipated to show steady growth during the forecast period.
A hardware firewall, also known as a network firewall appliance, is a physical device that is placed between internal networks. Hardware firewalls work by examining data packets and determining whether to allow or block them based on security rules. They are an essential component of network security, protecting unauthorized access, malware, and other cyber threats. Increasing cybersecurity threats, the rapid growth of the Internet of Things (IoT) along stringent regulatory compliance has emerged as significant driving force behind the substantial growth of the hardware firewall industry.
- The surging growth of the Internet of Things bolsters the hardware firewall market growth.
Internet of Things refers to the network of interconnected devices, vehicles, appliances, and other items embedded with sensors, software, and network connectivity that enable them to collect and exchange data. Hardware firewalls are crucial for ensuring the security, privacy, and reliability of IoT devices and the data they generate. The increasing demand for the Internet of Things coupled with government support has propelled the need for the hardware firewall. For instance, in 2023, The Biden administration launched the US Cyber Trust Mark cybersecurity labelling program for IoT devices to protect American customers. The program aims to raise the bar for cybersecurity across common devices, such as smart refrigerators, microwaves, televisions, climate control systems, fitness trackers, and more.
The rise in cybersecurity threats drives hardware firewall market growth.
A hardware firewall provides a robust and essential layer of cybersecurity defense, ensuring the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of networks and critical data by protecting networks from a wide range of cyber threats and unauthorized access attempts such as hacking and malware. The rise in cyber threats along with the need to ensure data privacy has accelerated the demand for the hardware firewall market. For instance, according to an article published in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) journal, between 2009 and 2022, 5,150 healthcare data breaches of 500 or more records have been reported to the HHS’ Office for Civil Rights, resulting in the exposure of 382,262,109 healthcare records.
- Stringent Regulatory Compliance drives the hardware firewall market expansion.
Hardware firewalls can help prevent unauthorized users from accessing an organization's network and its resources and block malicious traffic, such as malware and viruses, from entering an organization's network. Compliance requirements and regulations in various industries, such as finance, healthcare, and government sectors have boosted the demand for hardware firewall market For instance, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requires health plans, healthcare clearinghouses, and healthcare providers who transmit health information in the electronic form to maintain reasonable and appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards for protecting patient health information, highlighting one of the numerous regulatory compliances implemented by the government to mitigate the risks posed by cyber threats.
North America is expected to dominate the market.
North America is projected to account for a major share of the hardware firewall market. The rising prevalence of cybercrime along with continuous government inactivates are stimulating the hardware firewall demand. According to a 2022 report by Palo Alto Networks, phishing, and software vulnerabilities cause nearly 70% of cyber incidents. According to the report, the top three initial access vectors used by threat actors were phishing, exploitation of software vulnerabilities, and brute-force credential attacks focused on remote desktop protocol (RDP) underscoring the prevalence of cybercrime and the critical need for robust cybersecurity measures to safeguard sensitive data and networks. North America is home to some of the leading hardware firewall companies such as Palo Alto Networks, Cisco, SonicWall, Juniper Networks, Inc., and Fortinet, Inc.
- Alternative availability will restrain the hardware firewall market growth.
The growth of the hardware firewall industry may be restrained by the emergence of alternative technologies or solutions that can potentially replace or reduce the demand for hardware firewalls. For instance, cloud-based security solutions offering scalability and flexibility and software-defined networking (SDN) controllers used to manage network traffic in real-time have the potential to reduce the need for hardware firewalls. These alternative solutions pose a challenge to the market's expansion and may require the hardware firewall industry to adapt and innovate to remain competitive in a changing landscape.
- November 2022: Palo Alto launched 4th Generation ML-powered NGFWs. This release expands the portfolio of firewalls by adding five new hardware platforms. The new NGFWs mark the near completion of the fourth-generation hardware rollout, joining PA-5450 NGFWs, PA-5400, PA-3400, and PA-400 Series NGFWs to provide unprecedented protection for the data center, campus, branch, and enterprise edge.
- April 2021: Sophos launched Sophos firewall and hardware appliances the XGS Series. Included with the appliances is the most recent v18.5 software release, which not only offers compatibility with the new hardware but also incorporates all 18.x maintenance releases from the initial v18 launch. This software update boasts security reinforcement, improved VPN and SD-WAN functionalities, advanced Central Management and Reporting features, and other enhancements.
- Company Products
- 3130 firewalls: Part of Cisco’s 3100 Series firewalls, it is designed to support large enterprises with high-performance network modules. With enhanced support for hybrid work environments, the firewall facilitates seamless connectivity for remote workers, enabling them to experience VPN performance that is up to 17 times faster, regardless of their location, be it home, airport, or a coffee shop.
- PA-7000 Series firewalls: Palo Alto Networks’s PA-7000 Series firewalls are high-performance modular firewalls designed for large enterprise and carrier-class environments. The multi-blade chassis is adaptable to both AC and DC power and features hot-swappable Network Processing Cards (NPCs), enabling seamless scalability as demand increases. In the PA-7050 firewall, you can integrate up to six NPCs, while the PA-7080 firewall accommodates up to ten NPCs, ensuring flexibility and future-proofing for evolving network requirements.
- FortiGate 4400F Series: The FortiGate 4400F Series enables organizations to build security-driven networks that can weave security deep into data centers and across hybrid IT architecture to protect any edge at any scale. FortiGate 4400F Series has, IPS 94 Gbps, NGFW 82 Gbps, and threat protection 75 Gbps.
- By Type
- Packet Filtering
- Stateful Packet Inspection
- Application Level Gateways
- By Application
- Broadband Gateways
- By Enterprise Size
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
2.2. Research Process
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. HARDWARE FIREWALL MARKET, BY TYPE
5.2. Packet Filtering
5.3. Stateful Packet Inspection
5.4. Application Level Gateways
6. HARDWARE FIREWALL MARKET, BY APPLICATION
6.3. Broadband Gateways
7. HARDWARE FIREWALL MARKET, BY ENTERPRISE SIZE
8. HARDWARE FIREWALL MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.3. South America
8.5. Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.3. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Market Share Analysis
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. Palo Alto Networks
10.4. Juniper Networks, Inc.
10.5. Fortinet, Inc.
Palo Alto Networks
Juniper Networks, Inc.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Firewall as a Service Market Size & Share: Report, 2022-2027||Oct 2022|
|Cloud Firewall Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2023 - 2028||Jul 2023|
|Firewall Management Market Trends: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Jul 2023|
|Next-Generation Firewall Market Size & Share: Report, 2023 - 2028||Aug 2023|
|Virtual Next-Generation Firewall Market Size: Report, 2023 - 2028||Oct 2023|