Industrial Emission Control Systems Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Equipment Type (Scraubbers, Filters, Electrostatic Precipitators, Cyclone Separators, Catalytic Reactors, Others), By Application (Power Plants, Mines And Metallurgical Plants, Chemical Manufacturers, Oil And Gas Refineries, Paper Mills, Coating And Printing, Rubber And Plastic Manufacturers, Cement, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : May 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615342
- Pages : 148
Industrial emission control systems reduce harmful emissions from combustion and other activities that might otherwise be released into the atmosphere. Unburned hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, oxides of nitrogen, oxides of sulfur, and other hazardous pollutants are frequently released by industrial processes. The industrial emission control systems market has grown at a faster rate in the power plants industry than in any other area. Power plant emissions in 2021 were higher than in 2020 with the highest increase of 20% in SO2, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), suggesting a recovery in coal-fired output as natural gas costs and energy demand rose. After summer heatwaves and droughts increased coal- and natural gas-fired generation, global carbon emissions from power plants may reach a record high in the upcoming years.
- Government initiatives will promote expansion.
According to a global analysis of initiatives and policies to improve air quality, more nations have recently enacted regulations for all of the main polluting industries. However, significant shortcomings in monitoring, capacity, financing, and execution mean that air pollution levels continue to be high. Better enforcing already-in-place policies and regulations would be required, as well as increased funding, more extensive monitoring, and more powerful capacities. For Instance, an industrial decarbonization road map was released in September 2022 by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), outlining a comprehensive plan to cut emissions from five industries: chemical manufacturing, petroleum refining, iron and steel production, cement production, and the food and beverage sector. DOE unveiled a $104 million funding opportunity for industrial decarbonization technology along with the new road map.
- Emission control will become more crucial as output rises to feed growing populations.
There has been exponential growth in population in Asia, the Pacific, and Africa region over the last decade. Data shows that the population in East Asia & pacific grew from 2.22 billion in 2011 to 2.37 billion in 2021 (Source: world bank data). The energy demand will inevitably rise as the population grows, particularly in the developing nations of Asia, the Pacific, and Africa. Huge power plants and infrastructure-building initiatives funded by the cement, metal, chemical, and petrochemical industries all contribute to rapid industrialization. The expansion of international trade provides the impetus for these development initiatives. Low labor costs have led to the emerging economies' steady transformation into industrial hubs. These areas are anticipated to have a sizable global market share contribution for industrial emission control systems.
- Electrostatic precipitators will command a larger market share.
Electrostatic precipitators are anticipated to rule the industrial emission control systems market based on the device segment. The wet electrostatic precipitator, an air pollution control system, effectively removes fine particulate matter, acid mists, and aerosols from industrial gases to comply with environmental laws and safeguard downstream equipment. Depending on the parameters of the gas stream, the wet electrostatic precipitator can remove up to 98 percent of the particles in a single stage. These devices are predominantly used in power plants, steel, paper, and cement industries. For instance, In December 2022 the Editube Wet Electrostatic Precipitator, a wet gas cleaning solution from Metso Outotec, now has a digital optimizer (WESP). It contains crucial built-in features to safeguard the plastic tube bundle units when operating with low acid loads. Additionally, the Optimizer improves removal effectiveness when operating with a high acid load and offers energy savings anytime there is extra capacity.
- August 2022: In partnership with PI Green Innovations Pvt. Ltd., Cummins India Limited, one of the top power solutions companies that develop, produces, sells, and supports engines and related technologies, introduced Retrofit Emission Control Device ('RECD'), a revolutionary clear air solution. Additionally, since this device doesn't require active regeneration and isn't impacted by exhaust temperature, it doesn't require any water, chemicals, or solvents and conserves energy. It may be installed remotely and is resistant to a variety of DG set operating circumstances.
- May 2022: New G58IEP Fugitive Emission Control Packing for Valves was Introduced by John Crane. For API 624-certified valves, especially in the oil and gas, chemical processing, power generation, and pulp and paper industries, the G58IEP Fugitive Emission Control Packing for Valves is designed. The G58IEP's low-leakage packing is perfect for applications involving volatile organic compounds (VOC), light hydrocarbons, and steam since it can resist high temperatures while preventing stem corrosion.
- July 2021: EWK Umwelttechnik GmbH and ECP Group Oy were acquired by Valmet after the agreements that were announced in June 2021 were followed through on. German-based EWK Umwelttechnik manufactures and offers after-installation services for air emission control systems. In Finland, the ECP Group manufactures and maintains electrostatic precipitators (ESP), with a concentration on the pulp and paper industries and power plants.
The steady advancement of climate change was unaffected by COVID-19. Since carbon dioxide emissions are rapidly increasing after a brief dip caused by the economic slump and are far from the reduction targets, there is no indication that we are becoming more environmentally friendly. As long as greenhouse gas concentrations in the atmosphere remain at record highs, the world will continue to warm dangerously. The risk that temperatures will briefly exceed the pre-industrial era's 1.5° Celsius barrier is rising (Source: United in science 2021 report). For the same concern, In November 2022, Honeywell introduced a brand-new sustainability system for tracking and managing carbon emissions. Customers in the industrial sector will benefit from the new solution as they work to cut their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and achieve their carbon reduction targets.
- By Equipment Type
- Electrostatic Precipitators
- Cyclone Separators
- Catalytic Reactors
- By Application
- Power Plants
- Mines and Metallurgical Plants
- Chemical Manufacturers
- Oil and Gas Refineries
- Paper Mills
- Coating and Printing
- Rubber and Plastic Manufacturers
- By Geography
- North America
- United States
- South America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Market Segmentation
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Driver
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of End-Users
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. INDUSTRIAL EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEMS MARKET, BY EQUIPMENT TYPE
5.4. Electrostatic Precipitators
5.5. Cyclone Separators
5.6. Catalytic Reactors
6. INDUSTRIAL EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEMS MARKET, BY APPLICATION
6.2. Power Plants
6.3. Mines and Metallurgical Plants
6.4. Chemical Manufacturers
6.5. Oil and Gas Refineries
6.6. Paper Mills
6.7. Coating and Printing
6.8. Rubber and Plastic Manufacturers
7. INDUSTRIAL EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEMS MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
7.2. North America
7.2.1. United States
7.3. South America
7.5. Middle East and Africa (MEA)
7.5.1. Saudi Arabia
7.6. Asia Pacific
7.6.3. South Korea
8. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
8.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
8.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
8.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
8.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
9. COMPANY PROFILES
9.1. General Electric Company
9.2. BASF SE
9.3. Mitsubishi Hitachi Power System
9.4. Fujian Longking Co., LTD
9.5. APC Technologies Inc
9.6. Hamon Corporation
9.7. United Air Specialists Inc
9.8. Thermax Ltd
9.9. Ducon Technologies Inc
9.10. Air Clean LLC
9.11. Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises Inc.
General Electric Company
Mitsubishi Hitachi Power System
Fujian Longking Co., LTD
APC Technologies Inc
United Air Specialists Inc
Ducon Technologies Inc
Air Clean LLC
Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises Inc.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Emission Monitoring Systems Market Size: Report, 2023-2028||Feb 2023|
|Automated Container Terminal Market Size: Report, 2023 - 2028||Mar 2023|
|Tunable Diode Laser Analyzer Market Size & Share: Report, 2022-2027||Mar 2022|
|Emission Control Catalyst Market Size: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Mar 2022|
|Global Heater Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Apr 2023|