Insecticide Seed Treatment Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Type (Chemical, Bio-Based), By Form (Liquid, Powder), By Crop Type (Cereals & Oilseeds, Fruits & Vegetables, Others), By Application (Seed Coating, Seed Dressing, Seed Pelleting), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Jul 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615798
- Pages : 140
The insecticide seed treatment market is projected to grow strongly during the forecast period
The market is growing due to a rise in the demand for food security globally, technological improvements, increased use of precision farming, and backing from the government. All of these factors have combined to produce a climate where seed treatments are becoming more and more popular, resulting in more effective and efficient solutions that are boosting crop protection and yields. The insecticide seed treatment market is well-positioned to carry on with its abundant harvest in the forecast years. A booming market for high-quality seeds, government support, and technological developments are propelling the seed treatment industry's growth.
High commercial demand for seed coating
Modern farming techniques are replacing conventional farming methods as people become more aware of cutting-edge agricultural methods. Due to the limited quantity of resources, the need for higher incomes and gains is mostly to blame for the change. Farmers are purchasing and investing in commercial seeds more frequently as a result of the benefits they offer. This is a global trend. High-value crops like vegetables, fruits, and oral plants are grown in greenhouses, which is expanding the pesticide seed treatment industry.
Early crop foliar infection protection is driving the seed dressing sector
The fastest-growing area is seed dressing, which speeds up germination compared to untreated seeds. Seed coverings promote early interactions with advantageous soil microorganisms, such as mycorrhizae, which help plants absorb nutrients. It prevents foliar infection and manages seed infection, which lowers disease pressure later in the season, increases the efficacy of in-crop fungicides, and lowers the possibility of yield and quality loss during grain harvest which results in increasing the insecticide seed treatment market share for the seed dressing segment.
Creating seed treatment solutions that are environmentally safe and biodegradable
The extensive use of chemical seed treatment products, such as synthetic coatings based on polymers creates a negative impact on the environment. Most seed treatment producers have been encouraged by this to come up with a long-term solution. Businesses have begun to provide biodegradable seed treatment options. For instance, in February 2022, Croda International Plc and Xampla, which is supported by Cambridge University, partnered to produce next-generation seed coatings that are free of microplastic and biodegradable. Furthermore, the environment and human health are seriously threatened by microplastics. The European Chemical Agency (ECHA) has prohibited the use of microplastics to reduce these dangers.
Increasing demand for seed treatment for fruits & vegetables
The FAO claims that a significant portion of the global population's nutrition continues to be influenced by the production and consumption of vegetables. Over the past ten years, there has been a phenomenal 3% yearly growth in fruit and vegetable production. Over the previous two decades, consumption has also increased, and the trend is anticipated to persist during the projected period. Furthermore, the insecticide seed treatment market share is also expanding due to the increased demand for organic fruits and vegetables. Further, the development of seed treatment strategies suitable for greenhouses and hydroponics has expanded due to the expansion in high-value vegetable crops.
Asia Pacific is projected to dominate the insecticide seed treatment market
During the projected period, the Asia Pacific region is anticipated to lead the insecticide seed treatment market due to the rising demand for the region's forage and fodder crops. Market growth is expected to be accelerated during the projected period by the rising demand for crop protection chemicals in the Asia Pacific region from nations like China, Japan, and India. Due to the increasing demand, the majority of the established companies are boosting their operations in the Asia Pacific region, which is expected to have the quickest growth over the course of the projection period. Further, increased growth of high-value crops and increased farmer awareness of the insecticide seed treatment solutions are also predicted to increase market potential.
Government regulations and industry standards
The seed treatment industry is governed by several governmental organisations, organisations, and associations, including Health Canada, the European Commission, USDA, and the Asia Pacific Seed Association (APSA), among others. Companies that operate in the pesticide seed treatment industry are obligated to abide by the legal requirements set forth by various regulatory bodies. The active compounds used in the solutions developed for seed treatment need to have various approvals before the product can be commercialised. Most industrialised countries have passed specific rules to regulate the distribution and marketing of modified seeds for the protection of crops.
Market Key Developments
- On June 2023, EQUENTO®, a unique insecticide seed treatment, from Syngenta Crop Protection's Seedcare division offers great control of numerous soil pests and aids farmers in improving the sustainability of their farming operations. EQUENTO®, based on the state-of-the-art PLINAZOLIN® technology from Syngenta, is sprayed onto seeds to safeguard the crop from the very beginning of its existence. Based on a novel mechanism of action (IRAC Group 30), it provides accurate control of a wide range of soil pests, including hard-to-control pests like the wireworm and the red-legged earth mite. This breaks the essential rise in insect resistance. The seed treatment is adaptable to a variety of crops, including canola and cereals.
- In August 2022, The Field of Dreams Movie Site, a well-known cornfield in the United States, and BASF and Poncho Votivo established cooperation. Poncho Votivo produces increased yields owing to its powerful nematode defence and broad-spectrum pest control.
- In July 2022, Corteva Agriscience introduced two new seed treatment packages for maize and canola harvests. These packages comprise a mix of new products to help growers against a wide range of pests and diseases.
- On May 2022, Bayer Vietnam introduced Routine Start 280FS (Routine Start), a novel seed treatment solution that protects early-season rice seeds from rice blast fungus, enhancing crop output and resource efficiency for rice producers. This new product highlights Bayer's dedication to providing cutting-edge agricultural solutions to support the sustainable growth of agriculture in Vietnam and confirms its mission of "Health for All, Hunger for None".
- By Type
- By Form
- By Crop Type
- Cereals & oilseeds
- Fruits & vegetables
- By Application
- Seed coating
- Seed dressing
- Seed pelleting
- By Geography
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. INSECTICIDE SEED TREATMENT MARKET, BY TYPE
6. INSECTICIDE SEED TREATMENT MARKET, BY FORM
7. INSECTICIDE SEED TREATMENT MARKET, BY CROP TYPE
7.2. Cereals & oilseeds
7.3. Fruits & vegetables
8. INSECTICIDE SEED TREATMENT MARKET, BY APPLICATION
8.2. Seed coating
8.3. Seed dressing
8.4. Seed pelleting
9. INSECTICIDE SEED TREATMENT MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
9.2. North America
9.3. South America
9.4.3. United Kingdom
9.5. Middle East And Africa
9.5.1. Saudi Arabia
9.6. Asia Pacific
9.6.4. South Korea
10. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
10.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
10.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
10.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
10.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
11. COMPANY PROFILES
11.1. BASF SE
11.2. Syngenta AG
11.3. Bayer CropScience AG
11.4. Nufarm Limited
11.5. FMC Corporation
11.6. Novozymes A/S
11.7. Sumitomo Chemical Company Ltd.
11.8. Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd.
11.9. DuPont De Nemours and Company
Bayer CropScience AG
Sumitomo Chemical Company Ltd.
Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd.
DuPont De Nemours and Company
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|