Oil-Gas Cable Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Type (Ethernet Cables, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) Cables, Instrumentation And Control Cables), By Material (Polyvinyl Chloride, Thermoplastic Elastomer, Polyethylene, Others), By Application (Pumping, Process Control, Pipeline Management, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Nov 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615629
- Pages : 141
The oil and gas cable market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.38% to reach a market size of US$7.689 billion by 2028.
Oil and gas cables are specialized cables designed to facilitate the transportation of oil and gas between different locations. Ethernet cables, variable frequency drives (VFD) cables, and control and instrumentation cables are the three primary cable types widely utilized in oil and gas applications. The rise in oil production and increasing exploration activities are expected to bolster the oil-gas cable market growth.
Exploration and production activities bolster the oil-gas cable market growth.
The demand for cables in the oil and gas industry is driven by the exploration and production activities that are integral to the extraction of oil and gas. These activities involve the intricate process of extracting valuable resources from beneath the earth's surface, requiring the establishment of comprehensive cable networks. These networks play a crucial role in facilitating the smooth and efficient transportation of the extracted oil and gas from the extraction sites. According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, in March 2023, crude oil production in the United States stood at 393,561 barrels witnessing a 5.8% increase from 371,378 barrels in November 2022.
Increasing global energy demand drives the oil-gas cable market expansion.
The growing industrial and household energy requirements have created a simultaneous surge in the need for highly efficient cable infrastructure to facilitate the transportation of oil and gas resources. This demand is fuelled by the essential role that oil and gas play in powering various sectors of the economy, including manufacturing, transportation, and residential consumption which as a result positively impacts the oil-gas cable industry growth. According to the International Energy Agency, the global oil demand is expected to experience a significant increase of 6% from 2022 to 2028, reaching a level of 105.7 million barrels per day (mb/d). This anticipated surge in oil demand reflects the growing energy needs across various sectors and regions worldwide
Investment in oil and gas infrastructure stimulates oil-gas cable market growth.
Significant investments are being made in the development of oil and gas infrastructure, including pipelines, refineries, and storage facilities. This investment leads to an increased demand for cables to support the construction and expansion of these facilities, thereby supporting the oil-gas cable industry growth. As per the Indian Brand Equity Foundation, in May 2022, ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation) disclosed its intention to allocate a substantial investment of US$ 4 billion between FY22-25 to bolster its exploration endeavors within India. Additionally, in March 2023 press release, Kuwait Petroleum Corporation’s deputy chairman stated that the nation’s “Duqm refinery” project is set to be operational by the year-end and will process a substantial volume of 230,000 barrels of crude oil products each day.
Asia-Pacific region is predicted to dominate the oil-gas cable market.
The Asia-Pacific region is home to major oil and gas producers such as China, India, and Australia, which is driving significant demand for cables in their exploration and production activities. Secondly, rapid industrialization, urbanization, and infrastructural development in countries like China and India lead to increased energy consumption and consequently, a greater need for efficient cable networks. According to Energy Information Administration, in 2021, China's national oil companies (NOCs) achieved a significant increase in natural gas production, estimated at approximately 7.4 trillion cubic feet (Tcf). This marked an 8% growth compared to the previous year, showcasing the expanding capabilities of China's NOCs in meeting the rising demand for natural gas within the country.
Shifts towards renewable energy restrain oil-gas cable market growth.
The increasing global transition towards cleaner and more sustainable energy sources, with a strong emphasis on renewable energy, energy efficiency, and decarbonization, is having a notable impact on the demand for conventional oil and gas infrastructure, including cables. As a result, the growth of the oil and gas cable market is projected to decelerate as the industry shifts its focus toward the expanding utilization of renewable energy sources.
- March 2021: Helukabel, unveiled four distinct product groups of instrumentation and compensating cables that are readily available in their inventory. These cables are specifically designed to cater to the unique requirements of the oil and gas sector, as well as find applications in the chemical, pharmaceutical, and food and beverage industries. This strategic expansion of its product offerings enables Helukabel to provide efficient and reliable cable solutions to a diverse range of industries.
- March 2021: TPC Wire & Cable announced the acquisition of Hydro Group, a prominent global provider of customized subsea connectivity solutions. Hydro specializes in the design, engineering, and manufacturing of subsea connectivity products that find extensive applications in the oil and gas, marine, renewable energy, and defense sectors. This strategic acquisition enables TPC to expand its product portfolios
- EN 50288-7 -: These specialized cables provided by Eland Cables are specifically engineered to establish electrical instrument circuits and facilitate seamless communication services within process plants, such as those in the petrochemical industry. Their design focuses on ensuring reliable and efficient connectivity for critical instrumentation and communication systems, enabling smooth operations and data transfer in industrial environments.
- TRATOSMART AMP: Tratos offers the TRATOSMART AMP (Alternative Marine Power Cable), a highly resilient cable designed specifically for low-voltage shore connection (LVSC) applications. This specialized cable is utilized to efficiently provide ships with electrical power directly from the shore, ensuring a reliable and secure power supply during port stays
- RE-2X(st)YSWBY PiMF Dca: TKF Cable’s RE-2X(st)YSWBY PiMF Dca, which are high-quality cables with exceptional electrical properties and low capacitance to ensure minimal signal loss. These cables are specifically designed for various industrial installations such as oil & gas and process industries. They are suitable for installation in cable trays, and conduits, and can even be directly buried underground. TKF cables offer reliable and efficient transmission of electrical signals, making them an ideal choice for demanding industrial applications.
Oil-Gas Cable Market Scope:
|Market Size Value in 2028||US$7.689 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 6.38% from 2021 to 2028|
|Forecast Period||2023 – 2028|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Billion|
|Segments Covered||Type, Material, Application, and Geography|
|Regions Covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies Covered||Eland Cables, R&M Electrical Group Limited, Tratos, TKF Cables, Siechem Technologies Pvt. Ltd., TPC Wire & Cable., Keystone Cable (S) Pte Ltd|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
- By Type
- Ethernet Cables
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) Cables
- Instrumentation and Control Cables
- By Material
- Polyvinyl Chloride
- Thermoplastic Elastomer
- By Application
- Process Control
- Pipeline Management
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. OIL-GAS CABLE MARKET BY TYPE
5.2. Ethernet Cables
5.3. Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) Cables
5.4. Instrumentation and Control Cables
6. OIL-GAS CABLE MARKET BY MATERIAL
6.2. Polyvinyl Chloride
6.3. Thermoplastic Elastomer
7. OIL-GAS CABLE MARKET BY APPLICATION
7.3. Process Control
7.4. Pipeline Management
8. OIL-GAS CABLE MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.3. South America
8.5. The Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.3. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Market Share Analysis
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. Eland Cables
10.2. R&M Electrical Group Limited
10.4. TKF Cables
10.5. Siechem Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
10.6. TPC Wire & Cable.
10.7. Keystone Cable (S) Pte Ltd
R&M Electrical Group Limited
TPC Wire & Cable.
Keystone Cable (S) Pte Ltd
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Oil Drilling Automation Market Size & Share: Report, 2022–2027||Jul 2022|
|Oil And Gas Descaler Market Size: Industry Report, 2021-2026||Mar 2022|
|Gear Oils Market Size, Share & Trends: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Jun 2023|
|Transformer Oil Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Nov 2023|
|Oil Storage Tanks Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Nov 2023|