Potassium Citrate Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Grade Type (Industrial, Food, Pharmaceuticals), By Application (Food And Beverage, Industrial, Pharmaceuticals, Cosmetics), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : May 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615255
- Pages : 144
Potassium citrate is a type of citric acid salt which is crystalline and white in colour. It has a saline taste and is odourless. A few superior qualities of potassium citrate include flavour profile, hygroscopicity and high solubility rate. Potassium citrate has several uses in a variety of sectors, including foods and drinks, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, and personal care items.
The consumer's quality of life has greatly improved, owing mostly to increased personal income. As a result of rising health consciousness among consumers, the population's eating habits have shifted substantially. Furthermore, firms are investing a lot of time and resources in developing products composed of natural ingredients as well as specialised goods that improve health. Therefore, the global potassium market is expected to grow during the projected period due to the rising demand for low-sodium products. Potassium citrate is also used as a supplement or medication to treat the low level of potassium in the blood level. It also has applications in other end-user industries such as cosmetics, personal care, pharmaceutical etc. Therefore one of the primary factors driving the growth of the potassium citrate market is the wide use of the product in various end-user industry verticals.
However, complex laws, restrictions, possible side effects, high & volatile prices of raw materials and a lack of knowledge obstruct the growth of the global market for potassium citrate during the analysis period.
Global potassium citrate market growth will be supported by the growing food & beverage and pharmaceutical industries during the anticipation period.
Potassium citrate is primarily used as a food ingredient to control the acidity of the product. It is also used as a buffering ingredient in several soft drinks and as an emulsifier in baked goods, and packaged products to increase its shelf life. Potassium citrate is usually used as a sodium citrate replacement. Potassium citrate is utilized in foods with low sodium content. Excess salt consumption increases the risk of a heart attack. The recommended sodium consumption limit is 1,500 mg per day, however, the average sodium consumption in the United States is over 3,400 mg per day, which is nearly twice. Including potassium in your diet can help you prevent the health problems caused by salt.
Potassium citrate is also used as a mineral supplement or medication to control the level of potassium in the blood. Potassium citrate aids in the healthy functioning of your cells, kidneys, heart, muscles, and nerves. If the patient is hypokalemic, potassium citrate is an effective technique to manage arrhythmia. It's also used as an alkalizing agent to treat minor urinary tract infections like cystitis and prevent incidents of other kidney disorders such as stones. According to the official data, with almost 1 million prescriptions in 2020, potassium citrate was the 297th most widely prescribed drug in the United States.
Potassium citrate salt is also used as an alkalising agent in cosmetics and personal care products to adjust their acid and base balance and increase the shelf life of the product naturally.
Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold a significant share of the global potassium citrate market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific region is anticipated to hold a significant market share in potassium citrate. This region will witness high growth during the forecast period due to the rising health copiousness among consumers, increased urbanisation, and rising disposable income. Potassium citrate is in high demand in rising markets such as China and India. This region's market is expanding as a result of the presence of a well-established pharmaceutical and food & beverage industry. China's rise in detergents, agrochemicals, fertilisers, metal surface treatment, cosmetics, and medicines is also likely to benefit the Asia Pacific market. In addition, the prevalence of key market players such as Foodchem International Corporation, Huangshi Xinghua Biochemical and RZBC Group Co., Ltd., is also spurring the growth of potassium citrate in this region. Prime markets in the Asia Pacific region are India, China, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Taiwan and Indonesia.
Market Key Developments
- In March 2023, Advicenne, a speciality pharmaceutical business committed to the research and marketing of new therapies for patients suffering from uncommon renal illnesses, announced that Sibnayal®, a set mix of potassium citrate and potassium bicarbonate, is now reimbursed in Denmark. Advicenne and FrostPharma, Nordic and Baltic partners, have achieved significant success with the permitted commercialization of Sibnayal®.
- In September 2020, Moonstone Nutrition, which offers the first OTC potassium citrate drink formula to prevent kidney stones, announced an educational partnership with the National Kidney Foundation. Moonstone Nutrition and the National Kidney Foundation will collaborate to provide educational materials to inform consumers and healthcare professionals about kidney stones, including risk factors, symptoms, and preventative measures. Moonstone is also a Kidney Walk LaceUp National Multi-Market Sponsor, assisting in the creation of a new virtual movement of hope and wellness for kidney disease sufferers in 12 areas around the United States.
- In June 2020, Moonstone Nutrition launched the first-ever ready-to-drink functional beverage to assist customers who are at risk of developing kidney stones. The company offers a wide range of RTD drinks and stick packs of powdered drinks. The product provides 30mEq per serving of magnesium, sodium and potassium citrate salt.
- By Grade Type
- By Application
- Food and Beverage
- By Geography
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- The Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. GLOBAL POTASSIUM CITRATE MARKET, BY GRADE TYPE
6. GLOBAL POTASSIUM CITRATE MARKET, BY APPLICATION
6.2. Food and Beverage
7. GLOBAL POTASSIUM CITRATE MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
7.2. North America
7.2.1. United States
7.3. South America
7.4.1. United Kingdom
7.5. The Middle East and Africa
7.5.1. Saudi Arabia
7.6. Asia Pacific
7.6.4. South Korea
8. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
8.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
8.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
8.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
8.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
9. COMPANY PROFILES
9.1. Cargill INC.
9.2. Tate & Lyle
9.4. Jungbunzlauer Suisse AG
9.5. Cofco Biochemical
9.6. American Tartaric Products
9.7. Huangshi Xinghua Biochemical
9.8. Gadot Biochemical Industries
9.10. Adani Pharamachem
Tate & Lyle
Jungbunzlauer Suisse AG
American Tartaric Products
Huangshi Xinghua Biochemical
Gadot Biochemical Industries
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Zinc Citrate Market Size & Trends: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Apr 2023|
|Epichlorohydrin Market Size & Trends: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Apr 2023|
|1,6-Hexanediol Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023-2028||May 2023|
|Isostearic Acid Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023 – 2028||May 2023|
|Methylene Chloride Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023 – 2028||May 2023|