Printed Plastic Films Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Material Type (Polypropylene (pp), Polyamide (pa), Polyvinyl Chloride (pvc), Bioplastics, Others), By Printing Type (Flexographic Printing, Offset, Gravure), By End-user (Healthcare, Chemical, Homecare, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Nov 2023
- Report Code : KSI061616172
- Pages : 143
The printed plastic films market is expected to expand significantly and is poised to expand with a healthy CAGR over the forecast period.
The rising use of printed plastic films in various sectors is reflected in this rise. Sales of printed plastic films should be driven by the food and beverage industry's increasing demand for visually appealing and flexible packaging solutions. Visually pleasing packaging draws in more customers and improves the attractiveness and branding of products. Profitable prospects for the printed plastic films market are presented by the expanding healthcare and electronics sectors. Printed plastic films are in high demand because these industries need specific packaging solutions that provide durability, protection, and aesthetic appeal.
Printed plastic films have become a multifunctional and adaptable solution. They improve the enclosed items' aesthetic appeal in addition to providing protection. This blend of style and utility has drawn a lot of interest from a variety of businesses. Numerous plastic materials, such as PP, PE, BOPET, PVC, PA, bioplastics, and others, are used to create these films. Every material has its own set of qualities, such as resistance to chemicals, capacity to be recycled, strength, and durability. Consequently, printed plastic films have found use in a variety of industries, such as food and beverage, where they are becoming increasingly popular. The protective qualities of these films are especially advantageous to the food and beverage industries since they guarantee the safety and freshness of products. In addition, its aesthetically pleasing packaging helps with both branding and product presentation. The printed plastic films market is expected to have profitable development prospects due to the expansion of the electronics and healthcare sectors. The need for specialist packaging solutions to protect delicate and precious items is high in these industries, which in turn drives up demand for printed plastic films. The market for printed plastic films is anticipated to increase significantly throughout the forecast period due to its many applications and variety of material choices. The confluence of aesthetics and usefulness propels the market in various sectors.
- Rising demand for innovative packaging solutions is boosting market growth: A greater emphasis on maintaining the freshness and quality of products is reflected in the increased usage of novel packaging products. This driver emphasizes how important printed plastic sheets are to keeping things intact and fresh, which appeals to consumers who value high-quality products.
- The trendy aesthetic properties of printed plastic films are fueling market expansion: When it comes to customer purchase decisions, packaging aesthetics is crucial. Products with eye-catching packaging are more likely to pique consumers' interest and increase sales. Customers are encouraged to select items packaged in visually appealing ways with printed plastic films, which adds to this attraction.
- Growth in the food and beverage industry is creating market growth opportunities: The need for graphic packaging in the food and beverage industry is rising. This tendency is consistent with customers' need for packaging that is visually appealing since it is frequently more persuasive than inflexible alternatives. The popularity of printed plastic films is significantly influenced by the growing need for graphic packaging.
- Printed plastic films are versatile and can be used across industries: The consumer products sector is a suitable fit for printed plastic films because of their adaptability and capacity to improve product appearances. Their versatility across many product categories in the consumer products industry makes them a top option for packaging solutions.
- Rise of e-commerce has fueled market expansion: Due to several causes, including the rising use of smartphones and the internet, the e-commerce industry has experienced fast expansion in recent years. The sector is growing as a result of factors such as a rise in the number of people living in cities and an increasing preference for doorstep delivery. Increased use of internet purchasing has benefited the world market for packaging. Printing plastic and film sector statistics are predicted to increase in the next years due to the need for creative and inventive printing for these mediums.
Products offered by key companies:
- Printed films for Hygiene, Berry Global Inc.: Hygiene films may be printed with a wide range of basis weights and print choices thanks to high-speed, wide-web flexographic print technology. Multi-layer laminated films, pigmented, permeable, non-breathable, and low basis weight may all be printed on. Berry gives in-house plate creation, graphics, and reverse side printing, and can print in up to 10 colours.
- AmPrima, Amcor Plc: The robust AmPrimaTM polyethene (PE) shrink films from Amcor's range are recyclable and provide goods with the strength, affordability, and eye-catching visual appeal that consumers desire. With a tight, long-lasting shrink, it makes handling products easier for customers. It offers dependable and consistent shrink performance. Superior machinability to reduce downtime and increase production efficiency; capture eye-catching retail appeal with sharp, precise registration and high-quality graphics
- Laminate for Stand-Up Pouches, Amcor Plc: To maximize machine productivity and offer the greatest protection for the product packed, the laminate for Stand-Up Pouches is offered in a variety of structures. Laminate for Stand-up Pouch is a simple-to-use solution for FFS lines for this important industrial format, which offers superior shelf life and product protection.
- ProActive PIR, ProAmpac LLC: The most recent product to join ProAmpac's ProActive Sustainability® line is ProActive PIR Film. This film offers excellent performance for continuous heat sealing vertical form/fill/seal applications and has a very high impact strength because of its 30% internal post-industrial recycled content. Additionally, it performs exceptionally well as a hot tack and seal for quick filling rates.
The prominent growth in the Food and beverages sector under the End-User segment
The food and beverage segment held the major market share and is poised to expand significantly over the forecast period. This expansion is explained by the food packaging industry's growing use of plastic films. The food sector has steadily and strongly developed, making it a key end-user of plastic films due to the rise in convenient packaging for ready-to-eat foods, snacks, frozen meals, and cake mixes. The expansion of the plastic film business is positively impacted by elements including flexibility, comfort, strong sealing, and vacuum finish. Furthermore, researchers worldwide are developing a range of improvements that may help extend the shelf life of food that has been packed. These films are essential for food product packaging and preservation because they meet the industry's strict quality and safety requirements.
The North American region is expected to hold a significant share of the Direct Thermal printing film market:
The North American region captured a major market share and is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period. Due to the increased demand for packaging services from the growing industrial sector, the packaging industry in North America is experiencing growth. Plastic materials' cost-effectiveness, flexibility, and versatility in meeting a range of industry demands are the main factors driving the increase in demand. As the country's use of plastic products expands across several industries, the predicted rise highlights the critical role that printed plastic films play in North America's changing packaging landscape. Initiatives for collaboration between government agencies, business partners, and environmental groups have further accelerated the expansion of recycling in the US. These collaborations have encouraged creativity and information exchange, which has aided in the creation of effective recycling technologies and procedures. The recycling infrastructure in the United States is well-developed and includes facilities for collection, sorting, and reprocessing waste. The effectiveness of recycling processes has been greatly enhanced by technological developments in sorting and reprocessing procedures, which have made it possible to recover a wide range of materials, including printed plastic films.
- A pioneer in material science and flexible packaging, ProAmpac announced that it has acquired Specialized Packaging, Inc., a family-run business that makes foil, film, and specialized paper packaging solutions for the fast food and food services sectors in May 2022. ProAmpac's reach among food service customers has increased, and it now encompasses the southwestern region of the country thanks to the complementing product range and production capabilities of Specialty Packaging.
- BY MATERIAL TYPE
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyamide (PA)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- BY PRINTING TYPE
- Flexographic Printing
- BY END-USER
- BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
2.2. Research Process
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Key Findings
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. PRINTED PLASTIC FILMS MARKET, BY MATERIAL
5.2. Polypropylene (PP)
5.3. Polyamide (PA)
5.4. Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
6. PRINTED PLASTIC FILMS MARKET, BY PRINTING TYPE
6.2. Flexographic Printing
7. PRINTED PLASTIC FILMS MARKET, BY END-USER
8. PRINTED PLASTIC FILMS MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.2.1. United States
8.3. South America
8.4.1. United Kingdom
8.5. The Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.4. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Market Share Analysis
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. Amcor Plc
10.2. Berry Global Inc.
10.4. Sonoco Products Company
10.5. Sealed Air
10.7. Constantia Flexibles
10.9. Glenroy, Inc.
Berry Global Inc.
Sonoco Products Company
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|High Barrier Packaging Films Market Size: Report, 2022-2027||Dec 2022|
|Palletisation Films Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2019-2024||May 2020|
|Medical Packaging Films Market Size: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Aug 2022|
|Cast Stretch Films Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2023-2028||Oct 2023|
|Chocolate Wrapping Film Market Size & Share: Report, 2023 - 2028||Oct 2023|