Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Type (SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) Devices, Thermal Exhaust Gas Cleaning), By Control Type (Single Bed Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer, Double Bed Thermal Oxidize, Triple Bed Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer), By Industry Vertical (Chemical, Coating And Printing, Food And Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Semiconductor, Oil And Gas, Petroleum, Others), By End-Use (Automotive, Aerospace & Defence, Others), By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Jun 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615489
- Pages : 143
The Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer Market was valued at US$761.572 million in 2021.
Regenerative thermal oxidizers (RTOs) are commercial devices used to handle industrial exhaust gas. An RTO is made to eliminate dangerous emissions and volatile organic compounds that are released by businesses, preventing air pollution. To remove the dangerous contaminants, it employs incredibly high temperatures. By using a high-temperature thermal oxidation process, the RTO transforms the contaminants into carbon dioxidAe and water vapor which increases the demand for the regenerative thermal oxidizer market. Further, this device is used to treat pollutants like carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, and suspended particulate matter. Additionally, it is used in significant manufacturing sectors like mining, chemicals, automobiles, food & drinks, and others.
The regenerative thermal oxidizer market is increasing as a result of rapid industrialization. Due to the rise of manufacturing facilities and factories throughout the world, the necessity for effective air-cleaning systems to preserve air quality and safety has grown more and more crucial. Regenerative thermal oxidizers efficiently manage emissions and make sure that ever-stricter air quality rules are followed in industrial areas. Moreover, under the Clean Air Act (CAA), the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency establishes restrictions to decrease air pollution. Regenerative catalytic oxidizers offer a practical remedy for reducing these pollutants. As a result, they are being used in industrial applications more and more.
Increased demand for double-bed thermal oxidizers
The need for regenerative thermal oxidizers is largest for double beds. A 2-chamber ceramic medium bed design system is made more effective and compact by combining these designs with a well-designed poppet valve. These RTOs have an odd design, but they also use fewer resources and cost less to produce. Companies like Durr Group provide DürrMegtecVocsidizer, a flameless, single-bed regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) with a modular design that guarantees low operating costs for HAPS control and VOC abatement. High VOC destruction is guaranteed by the system, which also has a simple design and excellent energy efficiency.
Focus on Energy Conservation and Carbon Footprint reduction
Across industries, there is a growing emphasis on cutting carbon emissions and improving energy efficiency. Regenerative thermal oxidizer systems are being developed with the support of regulatory and governmental entities. Advanced RTO technologies that are eco-friendly and energy-efficient are being researched and developed by manufacturers. Regenerative thermal oxidizers are becoming more and more popular across a range of industries as a result of this emphasis on energy efficiency.
Availability of alternatives
The regenerative thermal oxidizer market size is hampered by alternatives to these devices, such as bio-filters and bio-scrubbers which lower the demand. Further, low industrial awareness in emerging and undeveloped nations is another issue that could impede the market's expansion for regenerative thermal oxidizers.
Increased demand in the chemical industry
Due to the increasingly strict emission regulations, air pollution management is a common challenge in the chemical production business. As a result, there is a growing demand for cutting-edge biological, thermal, and chemical waste treatment solutions. Numerous hazardous and caustic inorganics that must be scrubbed before oxidation are created during the manufacturing of chemicals. As a result, there is a growing need in the chemicals industry for both scrubbers and oxidizers to treat corrosives and chemical gas emissions. This accelerates the regenerative thermal oxidizers market share in the chemicals sector.
Europe is projected to have the highest share in the regenerative thermal oxidizer market
The regenerative thermal oxidizer market is anticipated to be dominated by Europe, the discharge of VOCs, hydrocarbons, and other pollutants has increased quickly due to fast industrialization, expanding mining operations, and rising production of automobiles, chemicals, and pharmaceuticals. As a result, regulatory bodies like the European Environment Agency are enforcing laws requiring the use of emission control technology. European manufacturers abide by the rules set forth by the government in order to increase their production capacity and foster a sustainable environment. Regenerative thermal oxidizer demand has been sparked as a result of this. Further, the regenerative thermal oxidizers market size is anticipated to grow as manufacturing and industrial activity increase in the region.
Market Key Developments
- In February 2023, the Austrian chemical company Borealis announced a US$21.4 investment to establish a cutting-edge Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer in its Porvoo, Finland, polyolefins factory. Numerous such innovations are anticipated to support the market's expansion in Europe.
- In June 2022, a two-piece, polymer-coated steel can producer in the Midwest completed the installation of a new regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO), which will aid in lowering the amount of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) generated during the metal decorating process, according to the announcement from Catalytic Products International. This new RTO is a copy of an existing RTO established in 2017 due to the facility's continued growth with new steel can manufacturing and metal decorating lines. The 7,500 SCFM RTO removes entering VOCS with continuous+ 98% destruction rate efficiency (DRE) and + 95% thermal heat recovery.
- In March 2022, Durr AG announced in March 2022 that it would set up seven regenerative thermal oxidizers (RTO) air pollution management systems for chemical business Yisheng Petoxidizersal Co., Ltd. Seven identical turnkey Oxi X RE systems and an equal number of Sorpt. X SW wet scrubbers from Durr were delivered to Yisheng Petrochemical for use in the regenerative thermal oxidation process. Each system consists of nine Oxi. X RE towers, a downstream scrubber, and a clean gas stack. One of the largest RTO installations in the world is a nine-tower RTO, which has a treatment capacity of approximately 330.000 Nm3/h and 2.31 million Nm3/h of treatment capacity distributed across the seven units.
- In February 2022, the Condorchem Envitech, S.L., and The CMM Group established a partnership to provide treatment of industrial wastewater and other process technologies in the United States and Canada. The CMM Group is a global supplier of air quality control and process equipment. The CMM Group is in a unique position due to the agreement to provide a wide range of air and water treatment technologies in support of customers' ESG goals to lower their environmental impact and air/water emissions.
Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer Market Scope:
|Market Size Value in 2021||US$761.572 million|
|Growth Rate||CAGR during the forecast period|
|Forecast Period||2023 – 2028|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Million|
|Segments Covered||Type, Control Type, Industry Vertical, and Geography|
|Regions Covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies Covered||Air Clear LLC, Anguil Environmental Systems, Inc., Biothermica Technologies Inc., Catalytic Products International Inc, Condorchem Envitech, Nitro Environmental LLC, Ship & Shore Environmental, Inc.|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
- By Type
- SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) Devices
- Thermal Exhaust Gas Cleaning
- By Control Type
- Single Bed Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer
- Double Bed Thermal Oxidize
- Triple Bed Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer
- By Industry Vertical
- Coating and Printing
- Food and Beverage
- Oil and Gas
- By Geography
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. REGENERATIVE THERMAL OXIDIZER MARKET, BY TYPE
5.2. SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) Devices
5.3. Thermal Exhaust Gas Cleaning
6. REGENERATIVE THERMAL OXIDIZER MARKET, BY CONTROL TYPE
6.2. Single Bed Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer
6.3. Double Bed Thermal Oxidize
6.4. Triple Bed Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer
7. REGENERATIVE THERMAL OXIDIZER MARKET, BY INDUSTRY VERTICAL
7.3. Coating and Printing
7.4. Food and Beverage
7.7. Oil and Gas
8. REGENERATIVE THERMAL OXIDIZER MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.3. South America
8.4.3. United Kingdom
8.5. Middle East And Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.4. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. Air Clear LLC
10.2. Anguil Environmental Systems, Inc.
10.3. Biothermica Technologies Inc.
10.4. Catalytic Products International Inc
10.5. Condorchem Envitech
10.6. Nitro Environmental LLC
10.7. Ship & Shore Environmental, Inc.
Air Clear LLC
Anguil Environmental Systems, Inc.
Biothermica Technologies Inc.
Catalytic Products International Inc
Nitro Environmental LLC
Ship & Shore Environmental, Inc.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Emergency Shutdown System Market Size: Report, 2023 - 2028||May 2023|
|Industrial Floor Scrubber Market Size: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||May 2023|
|Centrifugal Air Compressor Market Size & Share: Report, 2023-2028||Jun 2023|
|Hydraulic Pumps Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Jun 2023|
|Hydraulic Reservoir Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Jun 2023|