The scar treatment market is estimated to witness a CAGR of 11.45% to reach US$21,678.028 million in 2024 from US$11,313.217 million in 2018. Scarring is part of the healing process after an injury. There are different types of scars including Keloid scar, contracture scar, hypertrophic scar, and acne scar. Their appearance and treatment depend on multiple factors. Treatments include laser treatment, using topical products and injectables.
Rising awareness among people regarding aesthetics and a rising number of roads accidents are considered as the driving factor for the growth of the market. Technological advancement in scar treatment products makes the whole process of treatment painless and hassle-free which further fuels up the growth of the market. However high cost involved in laser-based products is considered as the restraining factor for the growth of the market.
On the basis of scar type, keloid and contracture segment is expected to have significant market share because these scars hamper movement and incidence of burn injury is also on the rise. By treatment type, topical products are expected to have a significant market share as its application is easy and the cost is low. Asia Pacific region is expected to grow with high CAGR owing to growing awareness and treatment in developing countries like China, Japan, and India.
• Technological advancement in scar treatment products
• Growing awareness among people regarding the appearance
• A rising number of road accidents and burn injuries
• High cost involved in laser-based treatments
• In November 2018, The Scar Free Foundation Centre for Conflict Wound Research opened at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham to develop innovative new treatments for patients affected by scar-related injuries.
• New Insights on anti-scarring treatment was published in Nature communications in February 2019. It has been discovered that the natural scar-free skin repair process relies partially on assistance from circulating blood cells.
• In October 2018, a study was published in the prestigious international peer-reviewed ‘Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal' of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons regarding a new technique to treat complex scars and surgery wounds.
|Market size value in 2018||US$11,313.217 million|
|Market size value in 2024||US$21,678.028 million|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 11.45% from 2018 to 2024|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Million|
|Segments covered||Scar Type, Treatment Type, And Geography|
|Regions covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies covered||CCA Industries Inc., Cynosure, Inc., Smith & Nephew plc, Sientra, Lumenis, Merz pharma, Sonoma Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Scar Heal Inc., NewMedical Technology, Inc.|
|Customization scope||Free report customization with purchase|
The scar treatment market has been analyzed through the following segments:
• By scar type
o Keloid scars
o Contracture scars
o Hypertrophic scars
o Acne scars
• By treatment type
o Topical Products
o Laser Treatment
• By Geography
o North America
• South America
o United Kingdom
• Middle East and Africa
o Saudi Arabia
• Asia Pacific
o South Korea
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)