South America Anti-Rheumatic Drug Market Size, Share, Opportunities And Trends By Type Of Disease (Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Gout, Lupus, Others), By Type Of Molecule (Pharmaceuticals, Biopharmaceuticals), By Sales Channel (Prescription, Over-the-counter (OTC)) And By Country - Forecasts From 2020 To 2025.

Published: Jun 2020 | Report Code:  KSI061613645 | Pages:  90

South America Antirheumatic Drugs market was valued at US$7,074.415 million in 2019. Countries like Brazil, Argentina, Peru, and Colombia are witnessing a continuous rise in the number of people suffering from chronic diseases. According to the World Health Organization, the total prevalence of diabetes in Argentina is 10.2% of the country’s total population. As such, the prevalence of arthritis is also increasing in the region, thus driving the antirheumatic drugs market in South America. Studies have shown that exposure to air level pollution may have a direct role in triggering disease activity including Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) in children and adolescents. Thus, rising levels of air pollution in various countries in South America is further augmenting the demand for antirheumatic drugs for conditions such as lupus, thereby bolstering the market growth. The growing aging population is also a factor that is spurring the market growth of antirheumatic drugs in the region. As per the data provided by the World Health Organization (WHO), the prevalence of diabetes has increased steadily since 1980, with 7.4% of males and 8.8% of females suffering from diabetes in Brazil. Moreover, half of the Brazilian population is overweight while 20% are obese. This, in turn, is escalating the number of cases of arthritis thereby driving the market growth of antirheumatic drugs in South America.

The rise in the sales of generic drugs in South American countries is another driver that is boosting the growth of the region’s antirheumatic drugs market. Growing pharmaceutical industry in countries like Brazil and Peru, supported by favorable government policies and measures is also contributing to the market growth of antirheumatic drug market in South America. According to the INDEC (National Institute of Statistics and Census), 70 percent of the Argentine domestic market turnover was made up of local manufacturers whereas the remaining 30 percent accounted for resold imports.

The South American Antirheumatic Drugs market has been segmented based on the type of disease, type of molecule, and sales channel. By type of disease, the market has been segmented as osteoarthritis,rheumatoid arthritis, gout, lupus, and others. By type of molecule, South America Antirheumatic Drugs market has been classified into pharmaceuticals and biopharmaceuticals. The market segmentation has also been done by sales channel as prescription and over-the-counter (OTC). By country, the South American antirheumatic drugs market is segmented as Brazil, Argentina, and Others.


  • By Type of Disease
    • Osteoarthritis
    • Rheumatoid Arthritis
    • Gout
    • Lupus
    • Others
  • By Type of Molecule
    • Pharmaceuticals
    • Biopharmaceuticals
  • By Sales Channel
    • Prescription
    • Over-The-Counter (OTC)
  • By Country
    • Brazil
    • Argentina
    • Others

Explore custom options available with this study:

  • Request customization

  • Buy sections of the study

  • Buy country specific report

  • Request excel, Historical data

  • Subscription inquiry

  • Request special pricing

Our Value Proposition

Analyst Support

All our studies come with 2 months of analyst support.


We are in compliance with the global privacy laws.