South Korea Animal Feed Market Size, Share, Opportunities, COVID-19 Impact, And Trends By Type (Fodder & Forage, Compound Feed), By Livestock (Pork, Aquatic Animals, Cattle, Poultry, Others), By Raw Materials (Soya, Corn, Others), And By Country - Forecasts From 2022 To 2027
- Published : Sep 2022
- Report Code : KSI061612389
- Pages : 120
The South Korean animal feed market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 2.22%, from US$6,201.887 million in 2020 to US$7,233.155 million in 2027.
South Korea is the 11th largest economy in the world with a national GDP of $1.6 trillion and a per capita GNI of $31,355 in 2018. Over 90 % of Koreans live in urban areas. Korean consumers maintain a strong demand for a healthy diet, diversified choices, and new tastes. While domestic production meets 45% of Korean food and agricultural needs, the country relies heavily on imports to fulfil total demand.
Korea maintains a strong food processing industry that manufactures a wide variety of processed foods, beverages, and additives. Korean food processing companies rely heavily on imported commodities and ingredient products. Korean consumers place more emphasis on convenience and value. At the same time, the fast expansion of online retailers will force conventional retail channels to restructure space and product strategies to attract consumer traffic [Source: USDA]. South Korea is currently witnessing a surge in the bakery and confectionary segment because of a myriad of factors, such as the growing awareness of consumers about various products that originate from the western hemisphere. Furthermore, the middle-income segment with the availability of disposable income has also created an increasing demand for more food preparation options outside the confines of one’s home. South Korea has one of the most developed economies in the APAC region. Therefore, the demand for meat consumption necessitates the sustainable maintenance of livestock farming that naturally creates a conducive environment for south Korean animal feed market growth during the forecast period.
The manufacturing and process capabilities of the South Korean agricultural section are well developed and technologically advanced.
Cattle production numbers in recent years are projected to continue to increase as farmers try to take advantage of high cattle prices. Farmers are also inclined to retain their cow stock to increase their herd size, as evidenced by the fact that cow slaughter dropped to 46.3 % of total cattle slaughter during the first 6 months of 2019, compared to 49.6 % during the same period in 2018 (Source: FAO and USDA). It is also estimated that the number of Hanwoo, the native Korean cattle, is estimated to increase by 2022. Moreover, the larger supply of domestic pork in 2019 supported the price competitiveness of Korean pork compared to Hanwoo beef and other proteins [Source: USDA]. Therefore, with a lot of certitude, the conditions prevailing in the livestock sector are favourable for a meteoric rise in the South Korean animal feed market during the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market
- In March 2022, Bioberica, a Spain-based leading life sciences firm, signed a new strategic exclusive distribution partnership with Mill Tech Co., Inc. in South Korea. Through this partnership, the latter holds the distribution rights for the former's line of hydrolyzed proteins for animal nutrition in the country. This development establishes the duo's long-standing strategic cooperation as a turning point and strengthens their combined offering in South Korea.
- In July 2021, US-based Lallemand Animal Nutrition announced the opening of its new office in Seoul. The firm aims to enhance its commitment to product innovation and consumer service through this development.
- In October 2020, the leading cattle and animal feed manufacturer, Harim Group, announced the investment of 5.7 trillion won to build a smart logistics centre with cutting-edge technology that guarantees zero waste in an affluent neighbourhood in southern Seoul. The firm aims to recycle over 70 percent of common waste produced by the logistics centre and recyclable food waste into fertilizers or animal feed through this facility.
South Korea Animal Feed Market Scope:
|Market Size Value in 2020||US$6,201.887 million|
|Market Size Value in 2027||US$7,233.155 million|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 2.22% from 2020 to 2027|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Million|
|Segments Covered||Type, Livestock, And Raw Material|
|Companies Covered||Cargill, Kemin Industries, Inc., Novus International, BASF SE, J.R. Simplot Company, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Royal DSM N.V., Alltech|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
- By Type
- Fodder & Forage
- Compound Feed
- By Livestock
- Aquatic Animals
- By Raw Material
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. COVID-19 Scenario
1.3. Market Definition
1.4. Market Segmentation
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. SOUTH KOREA ANIMAL FEED MARKET, BY TYPE
5.2. Fodder & Forage
5.3. Compound Feed
6. SOUTH KOREA ANIMAL FEED MARKET, BY LIVESTOCK
6.3. Aquatic Animals
7. SOUTH KOREA ANIMAL FEED MARKET, BY RAW MATERIAL
8. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
8.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
8.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
8.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
8.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
9. COMPANY PROFILES
9.2. Kemin Industries, Inc.
9.3. Novus International
9.4. BASF SE
9.5. J.R. Simplot Company
9.6. Archer Daniels Midland Company
9.7. Royal DSM N.V.
J.R. Simplot Company
Archer Daniels Midland Company
Royal DSM N.V.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Australia Animal Feed Market Size & Share: Report, 2023-2028||Jun 2023|
|China Animal Feed Market Size & Trends: Report, 2021–2026||Mar 2021|
|Japan Animal Feed Market Size & Share: Report, 2023 - 2028||Jun 2023|
|Taiwan Animal Feed Market Size & Share: Report, 2022-2027||Sep 2022|
|Thailand Animal Feed Market Size: Industry Report, 2021-2026||Jan 2022|