Substance Abuse Treatment Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Treatment Type (Behavioral Therapies, Medication-Assisted Treatment (Mat), Detoxification, Counseling And Support Groups, Residential Treatment, Outpatient Treatment, Others), By Setting (Inpatient Facilities, Outpatient Facilities, Residential Facilities, Community-Based Settings, Others), By Substance Type (Alcohol, Opioids, Cocaine, Marijuana, Methamphetamine, Prescription Drugs, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Oct 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615957
- Pages : 128
The substance abuse treatment market is projected to grow at a significant level in the forecast period.
The substance abuse treatment market is an important section of the healthcare industry that is committed to treating the global problem of drug misuse and addiction. Substance misuse has major health, social, and economic consequences, fuelling demand for effective treatment and intervention programmes. This market includes a diverse variety of treatments, drugs, and behavioural interventions targeted at assisting people in overcoming substance addiction problems. As governments and healthcare organisations focus more on addiction treatment, the substance abuse treatment market is expanding rapidly. With developments in evidence-based practises, research, and support services, this market is playing a critical role in fostering recovery, lowering relapse rates, and increasing the overall well-being of those suffering from drug abuse disorders.
Increasing Prevalence of Substance Abuse Disorders Enhances the Substance Abuse Treatment Market Growth.
The rising incidence of drug abuse disorders is a major driver of growth in the substance abuse treatment market. The World Health Organisation (WHO) estimates that an estimated 275 million individuals worldwide suffer from drug use problems in 2021. According to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), around 19.3 million persons in the United States struggled with drug use disorder in 2020. The increased prevalence of opioid, alcohol, and illicit substance addiction has generated an urgent demand for effective treatment and intervention programmes. As the worldwide prevalence of drug misuse grows, so will the need for substance abuse treatment, propelling the substance abuse treatment market to meet this rising public health concern.
Advancements in Evidence-Based Treatment Modalities in Substance Abuse Treatment Market.
Advances in evidence-based treatment methods are critical in propelling the substance abuse treatment market forward. Evidence-based therapies, according to the National Institute on Drug Dependence (NIDA), have been shown to be more successful in decreasing substance dependence and facilitating long-term recovery. According to research published in the Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, evidence-based behavioural treatments can dramatically enhance treatment results, with up to 60% reduction in drug use. Furthermore, medication integration, when backed by evidence-based recommendations, has been proven to boost abstinence rates and reduce the risk of relapse. The substance abuse treatment market is seeing improved treatment efficacy as healthcare professionals and organisations implement evidence-based practises, which is favourably affecting patient recovery rates and overall market growth.
Emphasis on Holistic and Individualized Care Approaches Boosts the Substance Abuse Treatment Market.
A primary driver in the substance abuse treatment market is the emphasis on comprehensive and individualised care approaches. According to research published in the Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, personalised and comprehensive treatment regimens are linked to higher treatment retention rates and better long-term results. Treatment that is tailored to address not just the addiction but also co-occurring physical, mental, and social disorders promotes holistic patient care. Individualised therapy is important, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), since it increases the probability of effective recovery. The substance abuse treatment market is expanding as healthcare providers and treatment centres prioritise holistic and individualised care, delivering more effective and patient-centred services.
North America is the Market Leader in the Substance Abuse Treatment Market.
North America has emerged as the market leader in the substance abuse treatment market. Several reasons contribute to the region's significance, including a high incidence of drug abuse problems, a well-established healthcare infrastructure, and substantial initiatives to combat addiction and enhance access to treatment options. Furthermore, major expenditures in research, development, and acceptance of evidence-based therapy modalities, as well as supportive government efforts and regulations, have occurred throughout North America. The region's emphasis on combining behavioural treatments, medicines, and counselling into drug addiction treatment has contributed to its dominance in the worldwide substance abuse treatment market.
Addressing the Opioid Epidemic and Prescription Drug Abuse in Substance Abuse Treatment Market.
Combating the opioid crisis and prescription drug addiction is a top concern for public health. The opioid pandemic has resulted in a worldwide increase in opioid-related overdoses and fatalities. To fight this catastrophe, governments, healthcare organisations, and advocacy groups have increased their efforts. Increased awareness campaigns, prescription drug monitoring programmes, expanded access to medication-assisted therapy, and improved substance abuse treatment facilities are among the strategies being implemented. Additionally, healthcare practitioners are emphasising safer prescribing practises, patient education, and non-opioid pain treatment options. Society hopes to minimise opioid consumption, improve patient outcomes, and lessen the terrible impact of addiction on people, families, and communities by tackling the core causes collectively and adopting comprehensive therapies.
- In April 2023, The Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation and TELUS Health are happy to announce a partnership that will increase access to drug use disorder treatment in the United States and Canada. TELUS Health's AbilitiCBT solution, which is presently utilised by enterprises, healthcare institutions, and health insurance companies, will get drug use disorder-specific programming as part of the agreement.
- In July 2023, Acadia Healthcare Company, Inc. established a joint venture with Nebraska Methodist Health System to construct a 96-bed behavioural health facility in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Through the building and administration of the first standalone behavioural health hospital in the greater Omaha-Council Bluffs metro region, Acadia's acute service line will be expanded into a new state.
- In Nov 2018, Revelstoke Capital Partners, a leading private equity firm specialising in healthcare services, and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, a global investment group, announced the completion of a recapitalization of a Crossroads Treatment Centres affiliate in collaboration with the Company's management. In December 2014, Revelstoke made its first investment in the Company.
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment: Phoenix House provides specialised dual diagnosis therapy for those who have both drug use and mental health difficulties, addressing both diseases at the same time.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT): Crossroads Treatment Centres specialises in offering MAT to those suffering from opioid use disorder. This treatment strategy combines FDA-approved drugs like as methadone, buprenorphine, or naltrexone with counselling and therapy to aid recovery and lessen opioid cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
- Outpatient Treatment: Acadia Healthcare offers outpatient treatment alternatives, allowing patients to receive flexible care while remaining at home. Counselling, group therapy, and access to recovery support services may be included in outpatient programmes.
- Inpatient Residential Treatment: The Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation provides inpatient residential treatment programmes that provide a secure and supportive setting for those undergoing intense treatment for drug use disorders. Detoxification, counselling, therapy sessions, and educational seminars are common components of these programmes.
- By Treatment Type
- Behavioral Therapies
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (Mat)
- Counseling And Support Groups
- Residential Treatment
- Outpatient Treatment
- By Setting
- Inpatient Facilities
- Outpatient Facilities
- Residential Facilities
- Community-Based Settings
- By Substance Type
- Prescription Drugs
- By Geography
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
2.3. Research Design
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. SUBSTANCE ABUSE TREATMENT MARKET, BY TREATMENT TYPE
5.2. Behavioral Therapies
5.3. Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
5.5. Counseling and Support Groups
5.6. Residential Treatment
5.7. Outpatient Treatment
6. SUBSTANCE ABUSE TREATMENT MARKET, BY SETTING
6.2. Inpatient Facilities
6.3. Outpatient Facilities
6.4. Residential Facilities
6.5. Community-based Settings
7. SUBSTANCE ABUSE TREATMENT MARKET, BY SUBSTANCE TYPE
7.7. Prescription Drugs
8. SUBSTANCE ABUSE TREATMENT MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.2.1. United States
8.3. South America
8.4.1. United Kingdom
8.5. Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.4. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. Acadia Healthcare Company, Inc.
10.2. Universal Health Services, Inc.
10.3. Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation
10.4. Promises Behavioral Health
10.5. The Caron Foundation
10.6. Behavioral Health Group (BHG)
10.7. CRC Health Group (acquired by Acadia Healthcare)
10.8. Crossroads Treatment Centers
10.9. Springstone, Inc.
10.10. American Addiction Centers, Inc.
Acadia Healthcare Company, Inc.
Universal Health Services, Inc.
Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation
Promises Behavioral Health
The Caron Foundation
Behavioral Health Group (Bhg)
Crc Health Group (Acquired By Acadia Healthcare)
Crossroads Treatment Centers
American Addiction Centers, Inc.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Acute Kidney Injury Disease Treatment Market Size: Report, 2023-2028||Aug 2023|
|Acne Treatment Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Nov 2023|
|Sleep Disorder Treatment Market Size & Trends: Report, 2023-2028||Nov 2023|
|Myopia And Presbyopia Treatment Market Size: Report, 2023 - 2028||Aug 2023|
|Hyperphosphatemia Treatment Market Trends: Report, 2023-2028||Aug 2023|