Worm Gear Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Type (Non-Throated, Single Throated, Double Throated), By Mounting Type (Keyway Mounting, Set Screw Mounting, Split Mounting), By Application (Elevators, Gates & Conveyor Belts, Rolling Mills, Material Handling, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Aug 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615871
- Pages : 140
The global worm gear market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.81% during the forecast period.
A worm gear is a type of old gear and one of the six simple machines that connect to what appears to be a typical spur gear and have teeth that are slightly bent and inclined. The location of the worm on the worm gear alters the 90-degree rotation and the plane of motion. Worm gears are utilised in a wide range of applications, including consumer goods, heavy machinery, and industrial applications. They are highly high reduction ratio producers and frequently self-locking despite their low efficiency.
The number of escalator drive systems being installed is rising.
Worm reduction gearboxes have become more and more common in several swiftly growing end-use sectors. Worm helical gear units have a proven track record as escalator drive units on a global scale. For instance, as of 2020, India has a metro rail network of more than 1000 kilometres and India is building 21 Greenfield airports as part of the UDAN program. Such public transit initiatives substantially increase the need for escalators. High-speed worm gear unit stages provide the best noise-absorbing properties while ensuring a low-noise torque gearbox which increases the worm gear market share in the automotive sector.
Low-noise application and minimal space
The worm gear market size is anticipated to expand because of their incredibly silent operation, they are suitable for areas where noise is a concern. Spur gears and other gears, on the other hand, frequently make high-pitched whines and other sounds, especially when moving quickly. In public areas like theatres and airports, worm gears are widely employed. Worm gears' small size and minimum space requirements make them effective in applications where there is limited space. They may be utilized, for instance, in conveyors and other compact pieces of machinery.
Worm gear lubrication
A worm gear's primary issue is the way it transfers power. If normal helical gears are employed, the helical motion provides for a significant reduction in the amount of area needed in a relatively small location. As the major form of power transmission, this spiralling motion also results in a very troublesome situation. This is frequently referred to as sliding wear or sliding friction. Power is transferred, at least under rolling wear circumstances, at the highest load point on the teeth of a conventional gear set. Both sides of the apex experience sliding, but only at slow speeds which impedes the worm gear market.
Capacity to generate a high-reduction ratio
Worm gears' capacity to achieve high reduction ratios and therefore significant torque multiplication is their main advantage They can also be used as speed reducers in low and medium-speed applications. Because their reduction ratio only depends on the number of gear teeth, they are also smaller than other types of gear. Worm gears are excellent for hoisting and hauling applications because they self-lock, like fine-pitch lead screws. Combining sliding and rolling motions, the worm and gear mesh at large reduction ratios, with sliding contact predominating.
Rising use for material handling
Worm gears are highly used for material handling. The vast array of products is created to carry out efficient material handling with shorter overall cycle times. Major key players in this market are offering products with features that significantly improve the efficiency of material handling, including high reliability, longevity, mounting flexibility, robustness, and compactness. The broad variety of products covers both interior and exterior material handling which is increasing the worm gear market share. For instance, Top Gear provides a modular design for a wide variety of planetary-geared motor variations appropriate for many industrial applications.
North America is projected to dominate the worm gear market
During the projected period, the North American region is anticipated to lead the worm gears market owing to the bolstering growth of major end-users such as aerospace and medical. The rising demand for material-handling systems, like conveyors is increasing in North America which is leading to market growth. The United States invested in the expansion of its airports and the construction of new ones, resulting in a rise in passenger flights (from nearly 769 million in 2009 to around 1.1 billion in 2019), as per the United States Department of Transportation reports,
- The output shaft of the Torque Transmission worm gear reductions can be either solid or hollow, and the mounting position is also movable. The SW-1 and SW-5, however, can both take stress loading better than other reduction gearbox types, making them ideal for demanding applications. The sturdy polyester casing with glass-fill compression molding, tiny and light non-metallic, non-corrosive ratios, grease lubrication, SW-1, 3.5:1 to 60:1, SW-5, 5:1 to 100:1, the position of installation is adaptable solid or hollow output shaft, are all examples of this type of equipment.
- Atlas Gear Company provides worm gears with a 36" diameter and eight starters are available They produce worm gears from a variety of materials, such as bronze, plastics, metals such as stainless steel, malleable and cast irons, and steel alloys, for several functions. They can match the worm and gear exactly as they will be mounted in the gearbox with their Illinois Model 2324 Worm Gear Tester. This enables us to precisely match the tooth-bearing contact and confirm that the backlash meets the required standards.
- Boneng provides R worm gear motors with an excellent ecological design that enhances the products. Several product input, output, and mounting designs are available to suit a range of requirements. The casting housing's FEA design increases running stability by 30% and significantly lowers machine noise. It has excellent material and heat treatment processes to increase product reliability and lifespan. The worm gear is processed on a high-precision worm hob, which optimizes contact area, ensures lower noise, and prolongs product lifespan. Moreover, its high design life and reliability can significantly lower the use and maintenance expenses.
Worm Gear Market Scope:
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 3.81% from 2021 to 2028|
|Forecast Period||2023 – 2028|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Billion|
|Segments Covered||Type, Mounting Type, Application, and Geography|
|Regions Covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies Covered||The Adams Company, Gear Motions, Atlas Gear Co., B. V. Transmission Industries, Boston Gear, AmTech OEM, Precision Gears, Inc., TS HENSCHEL GmbH|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
- By Type
- Single Throated
- Double Throated
- By Mounting Type
- Keyway Mounting
- Set Screw Mounting
- Split Mounting
- By Application
- Gates & Conveyor Belts
- Rolling Mills
- Material Handling
- By Geography
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. WORM GEARS MARKET ANALYSIS, BY TYPE
5.3. Single Throated
5.4. Double Throated
6. WORM GEARS MARKET ANALYSIS, BY MOUNTING TYPE
6.2. Keyway Mounting
6.3. Set Screw Mounting
6.4. Split Mounting
7. WORM GEARS MARKET ANALYSIS, BY APPLICATION
7.3. Gates & Conveyor Belts
7.4. Rolling Mills
7.5. Material Handling
8. WORM GEARS MARKET ANALYSIS, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.3. South America
8.5. Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.3. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. The Adams Company
10.2. Gear Motions
10.3. Atlas Gear Co.
10.4. B. V. Transmission Industries
10.5. Boston Gear
10.6. AmTech OEM
10.7. Precision Gears, Inc.
10.8. TS HENSCHEL GmbH
The Adams Company
Atlas Gear Co.
B. V. Transmission Industries
TS HENSCHEL GmbH
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Gear Pumps Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Jun 2023|
|Gearbox Market Size, Share & Growth: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Jun 2023|
|Bevel Gears Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Jul 2023|
|Helical Gears Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Jul 2023|
|Spur Gears Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Jul 2023|