Wireless Audio Devices: Listen Without Any Tangles
Wireless Audio Devices Market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 16.96% to reach a market size of US$54.456 billion by 2027.
Radio frequency (RF) waves are used by wireless audio devices to receive audio signals instead of audio cords. A Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 variant and Bluetooth are the two most common RF frequencies that permit audio transmission to wireless devices, while other methods rely on Bluetooth to send audio data to the receiving audio equipment. There are many wireless audio equipment options available, including microphones, speakers, headsets, headphones, and earphones. They are utilized in a variety of industries, such as consumer electronics and the automotive sector, and rely on a number of technologies, including Bluetooth, airplay, and Wi-Fi.
The advantages offered by wireless audio devices in the healthcare and security sector have been major driving factors for the wireless audio devices market.
The necessity for efficient connectivity and fast access to information and resources has increased user interest in mobility services over time. People are increasingly using mobility solutions such as cloud services, mobile devices, wireless services, and others. Because of their improved qualities, such as portability, ease of management, and remote access for audio communication, wireless audio devices are becoming more widely used. The user experience is improved by wireless audio devices as they offer quick and easy audio transmission, wireless functioning, and straightforward installation.
Smartphone use has significantly increased in recent years as a result of the advent of smartphones as a need for daily life and the continual development of new phone features and services. Furthermore, initiatives by key smartphone companies to promote wireless earphones and headphones have also significantly impacted the market. For instance, the latest Apple Inc. smartphones and other smartphones like the Google Pixel series are manufactured without an audio port and encourage users to use wireless audio equipment instead.
Since the pandemic, there has been an increase in the number of people staying at home and working from home, which has fueled the demand for audio devices for both work and entertainment purposes as well as for video streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime, as well as for online work platforms like Zoom and Meet. The need for wireless audio devices has increased due to the rising trend of live video streaming, video streaming, and the consumption of video material online.
The wireless audio devices market is restrained due to issues regarding connectivity.
The frequency spectrum where wireless audio devices operate is also used for 4G and other data applications. The wireless audio devices market is significantly constrained by strict government regulations pertaining to spectrum. The market’s growth has also been limited by consumer health-related concerns, high production costs for wireless audio devices, and other factors. End users of wireless audio equipment utilize Bluetooth or a Wi-Fi plugin to link their smart audio equipment, such as earphones and speaker system, to other equipment that is a portion of domestic entertainment networks, including equipment like surveillance systems, smart lighting systems, and smart locks. Internet access is necessary to ensure a stable link between voice technology, headsets, and connected home devices. A weak network, insufficient voice control, and abrupt Wi-Fi termination are all effects of inadequate network coverage. The use of smart wireless audio device speakers is hampered by the absence of high-speed Internet connectivity, which negatively affects this market.
The variety and choices provided by different wireless audio technologies has benefitted the wireless audio device market.
Audio and entertainment devices are increasingly being equipped with wireless capabilities. This covers receivers, soundbars, earbuds, and portable speakers. These audio devices are made and marketed by a number of different brands, and depending on the preferences of the consumer, a range of technology and connection options may be offered.
- Bluetooth– Due to its simplicity and adaptability, Bluetooth is among the most used wireless technologies. It is compatible with laptops, PCs, tablets, and mobile devices. Numerous Bluetooth-enabled wireless speakers, headphones, soundbars, and A/V receivers are available. Any mobile or tablet software can function flawlessly with Bluetooth, and linking Bluetooth devices is easy. Bluetooth can operate practically everywhere as there is no requirement for internet connectivity. Its limited range, however, is a disadvantage.
- AirPlay– Any Apple HomePod or wireless speaker, soundbar, or A/V receiver that supports AirPlay can stream audio from an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC running iTunes. If a user adds an Apple TV, it can also be used with a wired audio system. An iPhone or iPad app can broadcast any sound recording, digital music channel, or webcast over AirPlay. Music is typically restricted to either home or business as AirPlay needs a local Wi-Fi network. Its primary flaw is that it can only be used to connect with Apple system-compatible devices.
- WiSa– Home theatre systems can employ WiSa (Wireless Speaker and Audio Association), which has been developed to accommodate multi-room applications. It is independent of Wi-Fi networks. It instead employs a WiSA transmitter to deliver audio to speakers and soundbars that support WiSA. With a synchronization time of just one microsecond, WiSA’s technology can transmit high-definition, uncompressed audio over distances of up to 40 meters. Its restricted connectivity with other products and lack of portability are two of its biggest shortcomings.
The wireless audio devices market has profited from efforts to introduce new products by key audio manufacturing firms.
- In January 2022, a 50:50 joint venture company to produce Bluetooth-enabled audio products was established by electronics manufacturing business Dixon Technologies and Imagine Marketing, the parent company of the Indian audio brand boAt. The proposed JV Company conducted the design and production of Wireless Audio Solutions in India, and the JV partners intended to co-invest in the developing Indian mobile accessory market. By providing premium, aspirational lifestyle-focused hearable solutions, supported by high-quality manufacturing and vigorous R&D, the association allowed the companies to better fulfill the changing needs of their clients.
- In November 2022, The ATH-M50xBT2 wireless over-ear headphones were introduced in India by the Japanese producer of audio equipment, Audio-Technica. The ATH-M50xBT2 is the successor to the ATH-M50x and comprises a series of improvements to the design and audio performance. The over-the-ear ATH-M50xBT2 headphones from Audio-Technica have padded ear cups for a snug fit and the headband of the headphones is movable. The user can pair the headphones with two devices at once due to dual pairing capabilities. Additionally, it offers quick connectivity with Android gadgets. There are built-in mics with beamforming functionality for Bluetooth calling. A USB-C port for recharging, push keys, and Bluetooth 5.3 for wireless communication are additional features.
North America is anticipated to account for sizable portions of the wireless audio devices market throughout the projected period due to the popularity of advanced technology in the region.
North America currently maintains a sizeable market share for wireless audio devices, and it is anticipated that it will continue to do so over the projection period. The rise of wireless audio devices is accelerated in North America due to widespread use of electronic devices and higher consumer disposable income in the region. During the anticipated period, Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant rate and acquire a sizable market share of the wireless audio device market. Key audio device manufacturing and supplying firms in this region are concentrating on expanding their territorial and global reach by offering clients in developing nations advanced and upgraded wireless audio gadgets.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!