Asia Pacific (APAC) Electronic Shelf Label Market Size, Share, Opportunities, COVID-19 Impact, And Trends By Product Type (Segmented Labels, Full-Graphic Labels, LCD Labels), By Communication Technology (Radio Frequency, Near-Field Communication, Infrared, Others), By Store Type (Supermarkets, Hypermarkets, Minimarkets, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2022 To 2027
- Published : Nov 2022
- Report Code : KSI061610489
- Pages : 114
The Asia Pacific electronic shelf label Market is estimated to be valued at US$303.125 million in 2020.
The electronic shelf label system is used by retailers to display product pricing on shelves. Benefits of this system include automated updating of product prices whenever a price is modified from a central control server. Because of its rising popularity and increased demand, the APAC electronic shelf label market is growing. Demand for the APAC electronic shelf label market is growing as a result of the increase in supermarkets, specialty shops, and hypermarket numbers. The need for electronic shelf labels is rising in emerging nations like China and India due to factors including the development of the organized retail sector and the rising desire for retail automation.
ESL with Near Field Communication to improve customer experience is driving the market growth
Consumers want to know more about the products they are buying due to a growing awareness of good health and fitness, which ESLs can readily supply without the need for additional employees to assist customers. Due to the popularity of QR codes, NFC-enabled ESL has recently seen growth in its ability to speed up data sharing and transactions. Additionally, the adoption of NFC-enabled smartphones and the rise of tailored marketing augur well for the expansion of the sector. Standard ELS will become more valuable thanks to NFC technology, which will also simplify pricing indication and transparency while improving consumer experience. This lowers labor costs and boosts the demand for electronic shelf labels in the area.
Adoption of ESL by the industrial sector to boost the market growth
Electronic shelf labels have become a valuable value proposition for the industrial sector looking for automation and product location management amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Notably, the use of inventory management software and big data analysis to monitor temperature and humidity has become a trend for interactive ESL. With the expansion of the industrial sector segment in the region, the Asia Pacific ESL market is also expected to boost.
Increasing utilization of ESL in supermarkets is expected to raise the market.
In growing nations like China, the use of ESLs has been greatly influenced by changing consumer preferences and the use of IoT in supermarkets. A paradigm change has been brought about by the introduction of e-paper displays to replace paper price labels as businesses want to take advantage of opportunities to digitize the retail environment.
- April 2021: The world's top supplier of Electronic Shelf Labels (ESLs) for scaled-up mass deployment, Displaydata, introduced a new line of four-color e-Paper ESLs. These provide a single display with the primary black and white and promotional red and yellow hues used in worldwide shopping. Retailers now have more options for communicating promotions and special deals to their customer's thanks to this new color option. Utilizing the most recent E Ink SpectraTM 3100 display technology platform, Displaydata created the new four-color ESL products. This is the most recent development from a long-standing collaboration with E Ink, the industry's top manufacturer and creator of electronic ink technology.
- APRIL 2021: SES-imagotag, the industry leader in Electronic Shelf Labels (ESLs) & digital solutions for physical retail, announced that it has created a brand-new e-Paper display ESL product line in collaboration with E Ink, the industry's leading creator and manufacturer of electronic ink technology. This cutting-edge ESL generation was created by SES-imagotag and includes the first 4-color e-paper displays (black, white, red, and yellow) in the industry, as well as unheard-of pixel density and resolution. Retailers and brands will be able to emphasize marketing campaigns in-store like never before with the help of these new labels' best-in-class E Ink SpectraTM 3100 display technology platform, modularity, and quality.
- SmartTAG Color: A new level of consumer interaction with 4 colors is provided by SmartTAG Color by Pricer AB. For maximum impact, it has a fully graphic, four-color, high-resolution display. Dazzling displays using E-Ink Spectra 3100 e-paper, simultaneous full support for Black, White, Red, and Yellow maximum resolution for stunning, crystal-clear graphics, full spectrum of sizes, from medium- to large-sized shelf labels to larger displays, 10 years or more of battery life, Flash with multiple colors and levels for various applications (RGB, Flash types: 4), NFC is built-in as a standard.
- Electronic Shelf Label Aura 29: Electronic Shelf Label Aura 29, from Displaydata, is the most cutting-edge and economical ESL option. Aura 29 is a fully graphic electronic shelf label that measures 3.4 x 1.7 x 0.5 in (87 x 43 x 13 mm) in size. It has a full black and "paper white" display. Battery swappable and long-lasting (typically 5 years with up to 5 updates per day).
- SmartTAG HD: Full graphic labels are available with SmartTAG HD by Pricer AB, which also features paper-like E-ink displays and 30,000 full-memory updates each hour. Battery life of up to 7 years and simple battery replacement ready for Flash and NFC. It is available in four sizes—small, medium, big, and tall—in black, white, and red colors, and yellow is also available upon request, a specialized, patent-pending freezer label.
Asia Pacific (APAC) Electronic Shelf Label Market Scope:
|Market Size Value in 2020||US$303.125 million|
|Growth Rate||CAGR during the forecast period|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Million|
|Segments Covered||Product Type, Communication Technology, Store Type, And Geography|
|Regions Covered||India, China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Indonesia, Others|
|Companies Covered||Pricer AB, Diebold Nixdorf, Incorporated, Displaydata Limited, RGIS LLC|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
- By Product Type
- Segmented Labels
- Full-Graphic Labels
- LCD Labels
- By Communication Technology
- Radio Frequency (RF)
- Near-Field Communication (NFC)
- Infrared (IR)
- By Store Type
- By Geography
- South Korea
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. COVID-19 Scenario
1.3. Market Definition
1.4. Market Segmentation
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. ASIA PACIFIC ELECTRONIC SHELF LABEL MARKET BY PRODUCT TYPE
5.2. Segmented Labels
5.3. Full-Graphic Labels
5.4. LCD Labels
6. ASIA PACIFIC ELECTRONIC SHELF LABEL MARKET BY COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
6.2. Radio Frequency (RF)
6.3. Near-Field Communication (NFC)
6.4. Infrared (IR)
7. ASIA PACIFIC ELECTRONIC SHELF LABEL MARKET BY STORE TYPE
8. ASIA PACIFIC ELECTRONIC SHELF LABEL MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
8.5. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. Pricer AB
10.2. Diebold Nixdorf, Incorporated
10.3. Displaydata Limited
10.4. RGIS LLC
Diebold Nixdorf, Incorporated
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Electronic Shelf Label Market Size & Share: Report, 2022 - 2027||Jul 2022|
|Retail Automation Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Feb 2023|
|North America Electronic Shelf Label Market Size & Share, 2019 - 2024||Mar 2021|
|South America Electronic Shelf Label Market Size & Share, 2019 - 2024||Mar 2021|