Bio PE Pouches Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Type (Hot Fill, Cold Fill, Ambient Fill), By Application (Personal Care, Food And Beverage, Consumer Goods, Others), By Material (HDPE, LLDPE, LDPE), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Aug 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615938
- Pages : 147
The bio PE pouches market is projected to grow at a significant level in the forecast period. Bio PE pouches are eco-friendly packaging solutions made from bio-based polyethylene (PE) materials derived from renewable sources such as sugarcane. These pouches offer a sustainable alternative to conventional plastic packaging, reducing carbon emissions and environmental impact while providing similar functionality for various products in industries like food and beverages, personal care, and consumer goods.
The bio PE pouches market refers to the industry segment focused on the production and distribution of pouch packaging made from bio-based polyethylene (PE) materials. These pouches are designed as environmentally friendly alternatives to traditional plastic packaging, utilizing renewable resources such as plant-derived feedstocks. Bio PE pouches offer sustainable and biodegradable packaging solutions across various sectors, including food and beverage, personal care, and consumer goods, catering to the growing demand for eco-friendly packaging options in response to environmental concerns and consumer preferences for more sustainable products. The bio PE pouches market is driven by increasing consumer demand for sustainable packaging solutions and growing awareness of environmental issues associated with traditional plastics.
- Environmental Concerns: Growing awareness about environmental issues and the need for sustainable packaging solutions are driving the demand for bio-based materials like bio PE pouches. Consumers and businesses alike are seeking eco-friendly alternatives to reduce plastic waste.
- Regulatory Pressure: Stringent regulations and policies aimed at reducing plastic usage and promoting sustainable practices are pushing industries to adopt bio-based packaging materials like bio PE pouches to meet compliance requirements.
- Corporate Sustainability Initiatives: Many companies are committed to sustainability goals and are adopting bio PE pouches as part of their efforts to reduce their carbon footprint and demonstrate their commitment to environmentally responsible practices.
- Consumer Preference: Increasing consumer demand for products packaged in environmentally friendly materials is influencing brand owners and manufacturers to shift towards bio PE pouches to attract environmentally-conscious customers.
- Circular Economy Practices: The concept of a circular economy, where materials are reused and recycled, is encouraging the adoption of bio PE pouches due to their potential for compostability and reduced environmental impact compared to traditional plastics.
- Bio-Based Feedstock Availability: The availability of bio-based feedstocks, such as sugarcane or corn, for producing bio PE is improving, making it easier for manufacturers to source raw materials for bio PE pouches.
- Advancements in Technology: Ongoing research and technological advancements in bio-based materials are leading to improvements in the quality, performance, and cost-effectiveness of bio PE pouches, making them more attractive to a wider range of applications.
- Brand Differentiation: Companies are using bio PE pouches as a way to differentiate their products and enhance their brand image by showcasing their commitment to sustainability and responsible packaging.
- Rising Plastic Prices: Fluctuations in fossil fuel prices, which impact the cost of traditional plastic materials, are motivating industries to explore bio PE pouches as a more stable and cost-effective alternative.
- Waste Reduction Targets: Government initiatives and corporate goals to reduce plastic waste are driving the adoption of bio PE pouches as a viable solution to minimize the environmental impact of packaging waste.
Products offered by key companies:
- Amcor launched its new line of bio-based pouches made from sugarcane ethanol. These pouches are fully compostable and can be disposed of in home compost or industrial composting facilities. Amcor also claims that its bio-based pouches are more sustainable than traditional plastic pouches, as they require less energy to produce and have a lower carbon footprint.
- Mondi launched its new line of bio-based barrier films made from sugarcane ethanol. These films are fully compostable and can be used to package a variety of food and beverage products. Mondi also claims that its bio-based barrier films are more sustainable than traditional plastic barrier films, as they have a lower carbon footprint.
Positive growth in the food and beverage segment:
This growth can be attributed to increasing consumer demand for sustainable and eco-friendly packaging solutions in the food and beverage industry. As awareness of environmental concerns rises, both consumers and manufacturers are seeking alternatives to traditional plastic packaging. Bio PE pouches, being made from bio-based polyethylene, align well with these sustainability goals, driving their adoption in the food and beverage sector and contributing to the segment's significant expansion.
The European region is expected to hold a significant share:
Europe holds a considerable PE pouches market share due to its strong focus on sustainability and eco-friendly packaging solutions. The region's stringent regulations promoting the use of biodegradable and renewable materials align well with the bio PE pouches, which are made from bio-based polyethylene. As consumers and industries in Europe increasingly prioritize environmental concerns, the demand for bio PE pouches is anticipated to rise, solidifying Europe's leading position in the market.
- In Aug 2023, Dow collaborates with Chinese dairy company Mengniu to introduce an innovative all-polyethylene (PE) yogurt pouch using Dow's Innate TF-BOPE resins. This advancement is a significant achievement for the dairy industry, allowing previously hard-to-recycle packaging to be incorporated into closed-loop recycling systems.
- In June 2022, Grounded Packaging introduces a high-recyclate PE pouch and RE: Mono, a recyclable flexible packaging with 83% recycled content, reducing environmental impact by 57%. RE: Mono utilizes monomaterial PE from recycled sources, overcoming material challenges for food contact certification. This achievement contributes to carbon reduction and advances circular economy efforts.
- By Type
- Hot Fill
- Cold Fill
- Ambient Fill
- By Application
- Personal Care
- Food and Beverage
- Consumer Goods
- By Material
- By Geography
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Design
2.2. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Key Findings
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. BIO PE POUCHES MARKET, BY TYPE
5.2. Hot Fill
5.3. Cold Fill
5.4. Ambient Fill
6. BIO PE POUCHES MARKET, BY APPLICATION
6.2. Personal Care
6.3. Food and Beverage
6.4. Consumer Goods
7. BIO PE POUCHES MARKET, BY MATERIAL
8. BIO PE POUCHES MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.2.1. United States
8.3. South America
8.4.1. United Kingdom
8.5. Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.4. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. Arkema S.A.
10.2. Avery Dennison Corporation
10.3. Sonoco Products Company
10.6. Exxon Mobil Corporation.
10.7. LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.
Avery Dennison Corporation
Sonoco Products Company
Exxon Mobil Corporation.
LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|High Barrier Packaging Films Market Size: Report, 2022-2027||Dec 2022|
|Thermoform Plastic Packaging Market Size & Trends: Report, 2023-2028||Jul 2023|
|Bottled Water Packaging Market Size & Trends: Report, 2023-2028||Jul 2023|
|Stand-up Pouches Market Size & Trends: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Jul 2023|
|Child Resistance Locking Pouches Market Size: Report, 2023 - 2028||Aug 2023|