Cassava Bags Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Type (Grip-Hole, T-Shirt, Garbage), By Category (Organic, Conventional), By End-User (Animal Feed, Food And Beverages), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Aug 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615982
- Pages : 143
The cassava bags market is projected to grow at a significant level in the forecast period. Cassava bags refer to bags made from cassava starch, a renewable and biodegradable resource. These bags are eco-friendly alternative to traditional plastic bags, offering a sustainable solution to the global plastic waste problem. Cassava bags are created through a process that involves extracting starch from cassava roots, converting it into a biopolymer, and then forming it into various types of bags that are strong, durable, and capable of decomposing naturally, thereby reducing environmental harm.
The cassava bags market is a burgeoning industry focused on the production and distribution of bags made from cassava starch, a renewable and biodegradable resource. These eco-friendly bags, derived from cassava roots through a process that converts starch into a biopolymer, offer a sustainable alternative to traditional plastic bags. Driven by increasing environmental consciousness, regulatory pressures, and shifting consumer preferences towards sustainable packaging, the cassava bags market is experiencing positive growth particularly in sectors like food packaging, retail and beyond as industries and consumers seek to reduce plastic waste and promote a greener approach to packaging solutions.
- Growing Environmental Awareness: Heightened global awareness of the detrimental impacts of plastic pollution on ecosystems and human health has driven a demand for sustainable alternatives like cassava bags. As consumers become more environmentally conscious, they actively seek packaging solutions that reduce plastic waste and its adverse effects.
- Stringent Plastic Regulations: The imposition of strict regulations and bans on single-use plastics by governments worldwide has created a favorable environment for the adoption of cassava bags. Legislative measures aimed at curbing plastic waste drive industries and businesses to invest in eco-friendly packaging options.
- Shift in Consumer Preferences: Evolving consumer preferences, influenced by a desire to contribute to a greener planet, are prompting individuals to choose products packaged in environmentally friendly materials. Cassava bags align with this trend, appealing to consumers who prioritize sustainable consumption.
- Corporate Sustainability Initiatives: Businesses across diverse sectors are recognizing the importance of corporate social responsibility and adopting sustainability goals. The integration of cassava bags into their packaging strategies not only demonstrates commitment to the environment but also enhances brand reputation and attracts environmentally conscious consumers.
- Rising Demand for Biodegradable Packaging: Industries, especially those involved in food, agriculture, and retail, are increasingly seeking biodegradable packaging solutions to address concerns about plastic waste accumulation. Cassava bags, being biodegradable and compostable, fulfill this demand while maintaining product freshness and quality.
- Innovation and Technological Advancements: Ongoing research and development efforts are continuously improving the production processes and qualities of cassava bags. Innovations in material science, processing techniques, and bag design contribute to making cassava bags more accessible, cost-effective, and adaptable to various applications.
- Supply Chain Collaboration: Collaborative efforts between cassava growers, processors, manufacturers, and other stakeholders contribute to a robust supply chain for cassava bags. Such collaborations ensure a consistent and reliable source of cassava starch, making these bags more widely available and accessible in the market.
- Shift Away from Petrochemicals: Heightened concerns about the environmental impact of petroleum-based plastics have led to a global shift towards bio-based alternatives. Cassava bags, derived from a renewable agricultural crop, offer a sustainable and renewable solution, reducing the reliance on fossil fuels and contributing to a circular economy.
- Changing Retail Landscape: As retailers increasingly prioritize sustainable practices, they are embracing packaging solutions like cassava bags to align with their corporate sustainability goals. This shift in the retail landscape influences manufacturers and suppliers to incorporate eco-friendly options to meet retailers' requirements.
- Global Awareness Campaigns: International campaigns and initiatives raising awareness about plastic pollution and advocating for reduced plastic usage have played a pivotal role in elevating the recognition and acceptance of cassava bags. These campaigns amplify the urgency of finding sustainable packaging solutions and encourage businesses and consumers to make eco-conscious choices.
Products offered by key companies:
- MyEarth is a company that has developed a line of cassava bags that are compostable and biodegradable. These bags are made from cassava starch, which is a renewable resource that is grown in abundance in many parts of the world.
- Avani Eco is a company that is making waves in the cassava bag market. Avani Eco's bags are made from a blend of cassava starch and recycled materials, making them even more sustainable than MyEarth's bags.
- Ecozen's cassava bags are made from locally-sourced cassava starch and are designed to be affordable and accessible to consumers in Africa. Ecozen's bags are also certified compostable by the Biodegradable Products Institute (BPI), which means that they can be safely composted in home and commercial composting facilities.
Positive growth in the food and beverage segment:
The food and beverage packaging sector within the cassava bags market is witnessing significant and swift expansion. This is due to the increased demand for eco-friendly packaging options, especially in the food industry, where sustainable packaging aligns with health-conscious and environmentally conscious consumer preferences. As more food companies prioritize sustainable packaging, the demand for cassava bags in this segment is expected to surge.
The Asia-Pacific region is expected to hold a significant share:
The Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to dominate the cassava bags market share due to several key factors. Countries within this region, such as Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, and the Philippines, are major cassava producers, ensuring a steady supply of raw materials. Moreover, the region's large population, rapid urbanization, and increasing environmental awareness contribute to a robust demand for sustainable alternatives to plastic. These factors, coupled with supportive government policies and a growing preference for eco-friendly products, position the Asia-Pacific region as a primary driver for cassava bags' widespread adoption and market dominance.
- In Mar 2022, Frito-Lay achieves compostable snack bag goal with Off The Eaten Path brand. Created from plant-based materials in partnership with Printpack, the bag meets compostability certifications, reduces noise, and aligns with PepsiCo's sustainability drive. The technology is open for licensing to other companies.
- In Feb 2022, Cassava Bags Australia, an eco-tech startup, launched a revolutionary biodegradable single-use bags and liners crafted from cassava starch. These plastic-free products dissolve in hot water, combat environmental harm, and are free from toxins and petroleum. The founders, driven by a love for nature, seek to revolutionize the fight against plastic waste with this innovative solution.
- By Type
- By Category
- By End-User
- Animal Feed
- Food and Beverages
- By Geography
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Design
2.2. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Key Findings
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. CASSAVA BAGS MARKET, BY TYPE
6. CASSAVA BAGS MARKET, BY CATEGORY
7. CASSAVA BAGS MARKET, BY END-USER
7.2. Animal Feed
7.3. Food and Beverages
8. CASSAVA BAGS MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.2.1. United States
8.3. South America
8.4.1. United Kingdom
8.5. Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.4. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.4. Affinity Supply Co.
10.5. Urban Plastik Indonesia
10.6. RAJMO INDUSTRIES
10.7. Oikos PH
10.8. No Plastic International Pty Ltd
10.9. Ruian Xinke Machinery Co., Ltd.
10.10. Kazuo Beyin Paper and Plastic Packing Co., Ltd.
Affinity Supply Co.
Urban Plastik Indonesia
No Plastic International Pty Ltd
Ruian Xinke Machinery Co., Ltd.
Kazuo Beyin Paper and Plastic Packing Co., Ltd.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Bag-On-Valve Technology Market Size & Share: Report, 2022-2027||Sep 2022|
|Bagging Machines Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2019 - 2024||Jun 2021|
|Bag-In Box Containers Market Size, Share & Trend | 2019 to 2024||Oct 2020|
|Biohazard Bags Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Oct 2022|
|Air Bubble Bags Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2023 - 2028||Aug 2023|