Cider Packaging Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Material (Glass, Plastic, Metal), By Product Type (Cans, Bottles, Pouches), By Distribution Channel (Online, Offline), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Oct 2023
- Report Code : KSI061616094
- Pages : 142
The cider packaging market size is projected to grow strongly during the forecast period.
The market expansion can be attributed to the following factors, increased consumer preference for packaged alcoholic drinks and rising demand for cider products. Furthermore, the use of premium cider products has increased as a result of consumers' growing disposable incomes, which is further boosting the global market for the cider packaging market. The industry has a strong need for new cider packaging ideas, and the rise of hard cider has mostly been fueled by the highly coveted millennial demographic. The expansion of the worldwide low-alcoholic beverage market is another factor driving the increase in demand for safe packaging. In addition, population factors including the Western way of life and growing urbanization over the projection period boost the growth of the worldwide market.
Cider is a low-alcohol beverage made from apples, pears, and other fruit juices that have been partially or completely fermented. The beverage contains 1.2% to 8.5% alcohol by volume (ABV), depending on the brand. Based on secondary fermentation and carbon dioxide infusion, ciders can either be still or carbonated. In comparison to other alcoholic beverages, the industry now has the fastest growth rates across all geographical areas which has in turn boosted the cider packaging market. Innovative packaging options are highly sought after in the cider packaging market, and the coveted millennial generation, which is fueling the packaging sector, has been a major factor in the expansion of hard cider. The worldwide cider packaging market has grown as a result of population factors including rising urbanization and acceptance of Western culture. Cider packaging is expanding favourably as a result of rising alcoholic beverage demand. Further, due to its affordability and lightweight, plastic packaging options have become very popular for cider packaging. The global market for cider packaging is also anticipated to grow as a result of the rising use of retort and aseptic pouches.
- Rising awareness towards personal health is boosting market expansion: Sustainability is regarded by many customers as being essential to the long-term strategy. Additionally, as people become more aware of their physical health and fitness, the demand for beverages with lower alcohol content is rising globally, driving up the demand for cider and, therefore, the market for cider packaging is also expanding.
- Availability of many brands for consumers is positively impacting growth. Numerous kinds of cider are readily available on the market, and cider consumption is expected to increase, which is expected to have a favourable effect on market trends worldwide. The expansion of cider's commercialisation around the globe is anticipated to promote worldwide growth.
- Increasing disposable income is a major factor driving growth: Due to the growing status symbolisation of alcohol usage, disposable money, and the link of premium labels with beverage quality and flavour, premium cider packaging brands are in great demand compared to similarly priced products.
- Recent technological advancements in the packaging industry are boosting growth: The demand for water-based coating technology is rising as a consequence of technical advancements since it is more ecologically friendly, tastes and smells like virtually nothing, and uses less chemical powder.
Products offered by key companies:
- Glass Jars & Bottles, Gamer Packaging: Craft beer and hard cider manufacturers can choose from a wide range of Gamer Packaging's packaging options. Their engineering and development team for packaging is specially qualified to provide distinctive packaging that will increase trademark branding.
- AmPrima™ PE Plus, Amcor: AmPrimaTM is a line of more environmentally friendly packaging options that may be recycled curbside or through current retail drop-offs providing they are clean and dry. AmPrimaTM solutions give consumers a more environmentally friendly option for their brands and goods without sacrificing performance.
The prominent growth in the Glass sector under the Material segment
The biggest market share for cider packaging worldwide is held by glass. The flavour and quality of the beverage product can be preserved using glass. Glass is extensively utilised and dominates the material market since it is a non-reactive material that does not alter the flavour of the cider, in contrast to other materials like metal and plastic. To prevent UV radiation from tainting the contents of glass bottles, market vendors use amber glass material. During the projection period, it is anticipated that the growing demand for cider packaging in developed markets like North America will accelerate the expansion of the category.
The European region is expected to hold a significant share of the cider packaging market:
Europe dominated the cider packaging market by capturing the majority of the market and is projected to continue with this dominance over the forecast period. The European market places a strong emphasis on creative packaging to increase customer attractiveness. The introduction of craft and low-calorie cider in Europe is anticipated to increase demand for new cider packaging goods and boost volume sales there. The acceptability of alcohol in lesser doses in beverages is also growing, which will increase the use of cider packaging throughout the projection period. It is anticipated that the growth of the European market will be fueled by the rise in cider consumption in the United Kingdom.
- Amcor Rigid Packaging (ARP) and Ron Rubin Winery has created BLUE BIN, an innovative new premium wine packed in a 750mL bottle made entirely of recycled polyethene terephthalate (rPET) plastic. When compared to conventional wine packaging, PET enables BLUE BIN's bottles to offer several environmental benefits, such as a decrease in greenhouse gas emissions, global warming, and other environmental implications.
- Sprecher Brewing Company and Ardagh Glass Packaging collaborate to provide locally manufactured glass beer and beverage bottles in May 2023. Sprecher Brewing Company and Ardagh Glass Packaging, a division of the Ardagh Group, have announced a supply agreement for the continued production of Sprecher's entire line of glass beer and beverage bottles, including their recently updated bespoke 16-ounce glass bottle.
- BY MATERIAL
- BY PRODUCT TYPE
- BY DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL
- BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
2.2. Research Process
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Key Findings
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. CIDER PACKAGING MARKET, BY MATERIAL
6. CIDER PACKAGING MARKET, BY TYPE
7. CIDER PACKAGING MARKET, BY DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL
8. CIDER PACKAGING MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.2.1. United States
8.3. South America
8.4.1. United Kingdom
8.5. The Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.4. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Market Share Analysis
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. Ardagh Group S.A.
10.3. PLASTIPAK HOLDINGS, INC
10.4. Amcor Plc
10.5. Ball Corporation
10.6. Nampak Ltd.
10.7. Gamer Packaging
10.8. Silgan Holdings Inc.
Ardagh Group S.A.
PLASTIPAK HOLDINGS, INC
Silgan Holdings Inc.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Aluminum Foil Packaging Market Size & Share: Report, 2023 - 2028||Nov 2023|
|Zero-waste Packaging Market Size & Share: Report, 2023-2028||Oct 2023|
|Insulated Shipping Boxes Market Size & Share: Report, 2023-2028||Oct 2023|
|Multilayer Flexible Packaging Market Size: Report, 2023 - 2028||Oct 2023|
|Wooden Plywood Packaging Market Size & Share: Report, 2023-2028||Oct 2023|