Multilayer Flexible Packaging Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Product Type (Bags, Pouches & Sachets, Laminates, Wrapping Paper, Others), By Material Type (Aluminum Foil, Plastic, Paper), By Thickness (3 Layers, 5 Layers, 7 Layers), By End User (Food & Beverages, Automotive, Pharmaceutical, Personal Care, Home Care, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Oct 2023
- Report Code : KSI061616085
- Pages : 149
The multilayer flexible packaging market is projected to grow at a significant level in the forecast period.
The demand for the multilayer flexible packaging market is being driven by the rising trend of eating packaged foods and the rising need for recycled and eco-friendly packaging. For the packaging of cheese, cream, yoghurt, chocolates, pet food, processed meat, cereals, etc., multilayer flexible packaging is frequently employed. The packed food goods are shielded from vapour and oxygen by a barrier made of many layers of materials like plastic films, aluminium, and/or paper, which also helps to preserve their nutritional content. The global market for multilayer flexible packaging is being favourably impacted by the rising demand for packaged food goods.
The goal of multilayer flexible packaging is to protect food products from contaminations by providing barrier qualities as well as strength, and storage stability through the use of multilayer or composite materials. Coextrusion and lamination are coating techniques used to create several layers. Multilayered flexible packaging can be made out of a variety of materials, including paper, plastic, and metal. Large amounts of plastic waste are produced by the traditional plastic-based flexible packaging used in many end-use sectors, including food and beverage, medicines, personal care & cosmetics, home care, textiles, and electrical & electronics. However strict import restrictions on plastic waste enforced by governments of various nations have prompted industry players worldwide to take action to recycle their plastic scrap and encourage the use of environmentally friendly packaging. The country's government's drive to create sustainable packaging goods is anticipated to have a favourable effect on the demand for the multilayer flexible packaging market in the next years since multilayer flexible packaging includes sustainable materials.
- Growing awareness towards eco-friendly packing substitutes: As people become more conscious of environmental concerns, there is a significant push toward sustainable packaging options. It is possible to manufacture multilayer flexible packaging that is environmentally friendly and satisfies customer desire for eco-friendly solutions by employing recyclable and biodegradable materials.
- Convenience desires among consumers continue to drive package innovation: Customers' whole experience is improved and their expectations for user-friendly packaging are met by multilayer flexible packaging, which includes features like resealable zippers, simple-to-open designs, and portion management. Therefore, it is expected that multilayer flexible packaging will see considerable market expansion.
- Rise of e-commerce propelling market growth: The development of e-commerce has positively impacted market growth. Due to its lightweight, affordability, and flexibility for different product kinds, multilayer flexible packaging is a good fit for the e-commerce industry. It protects during shipping and lowers the price of transportation making it a favourable option for packaging purposes.
- Technology advancements in packaging are propelling the industry. Smart packaging, which combines elements like freshness indicators, interactive labels, and QR codes for tracking, not only improves product exposure but also aids in supply chain optimization and customer interaction.
- Food and beverage sector creating hue market demand: The need for multilayer flexible packaging continues to be primarily driven by the food sector. In response to consumer demand for secure, practical, and visually beautiful food goods, brands use these packaging to increase shelf life, retain product freshness, and improve visual appeal.
Products offered by key companies:
- Stick packs, Glenroy: Stick packs provide consumers with simple, single-serve, portable packaging. High-quality stick pack film laminations are provided by Glenroy to various well-known brands of drink mixes and nutritional supplements. The stick pack film laminations from Glenroy are designed for enhanced tear propagation, making it simpler to open and dispense for the consumer.
- Spouted Pouches, Winpak: Winpak a well-known name in the packaging industry offers spouted pouches. Winpak and IMA are the first in the market to offer readymade flat pouches, spouts, caps, and an effective spout sealing and filling system to food and beverage packers, all backed by their entire quality guarantee.
The prominent growth in the Pouch and Sachets sector under the product type segment
The market for multilayer flexible packaging was dominated by pouches and sachets. Pouches are tiny bags made of two flexible, flat side sheets that are sealed at the edges to create a compartment whose capacity depends on the space between the walls. Pouches are perfect for packing bulk food products like dried or smoked meats and coffee. They come in handy packaging with a variety of sizes and formats, are simple to use, and maybe heat-sealed. Pouches are a convenient, cost-effective alternative for companies and retailers since they are thin, adaptable, and easy to carry. Since they need fewer raw resources to make and generate less waste than other forms of packaging, they also have a smaller ecological impact. All these factors make pouches and sachets a favourable packing option thus propelling demand
The Asia Pacific region is expected to hold a significant share of the Multilayer flexible packing market:
Based on the region the Asia Pacific region, with a strong focus on China is poised to grow significantly over the forecast period. Chinese consumers are becoming more urbanized, have higher discretionary incomes, and are experiencing strong economic growth. In turn, this increases the demand for creative and adaptable packaging solutions. Furthermore, China is becoming more environmentally conscious, which has spurred interest in sustainable packaging. Companies are switching to eco-friendly products and procedures to satisfy customer demands and abide by strict rules. Moreover, the thriving Chinese e-commerce market continues to fuel the demand for flexible multilayer packaging. These packages offer chances for customisation and branding and are necessary for the safe and effective delivery of online goods.
- In February 2023, ProActive Recyclable, a cutting-edge range of recyclable packaging articles, was launched by ProAmpac, a North American global flexible packaging producer. This innovative product line helps businesses satisfy consumer requests for packaging that is ecologically friendly.
- LyondellBasell and AFA Nord collaborated in Jan 2023 to recycle flexible secondary packaging waste. The joint venture business intends to construct a mechanical recycling facility in Northern Germany to transform waste LLDPE and LDPE into high-quality recycled plastic materials for use in flexible packaging.
- BY PRODUCT TYPE
- Pouches & Sachets
- Wrapping Paper
- BY MATERIAL TYPE
- Aluminum Foil
- BY THICKNESS
- 3 Layers
- 5 Layers
- 7 Layers
- BY END USER
- Food & Beverages
- Personal Care
- Home Care
- BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Design
2.2. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Key Findings
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. MULTILAYER FLEXIBLE PACKAGING MARKET, BY PRODUCT TYPE
5.3. Pouches & Sachets
5.5. Wrapping Paper
6. MULTILAYER FLEXIBLE PACKAGING MARKET, BY MATERIAL TYPE
6.2. Aluminum Foil
7. MULTILAYER FLEXIBLE PACKAGING MARKET, BY THICKNESS
7.2. 3 Layers
7.3. 5 Layers
7.4. 7 Layers
8. MULTILAYER FLEXIBLE PACKAGING MARKET, BY END-USERS
8.2. Food & Beverages
8.5. Personal Care
8.6. Home Care
9. MULTILAYER FLEXIBLE PACKAGING MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
9.2. North America
9.2.1. United States
9.3. South America
9.4.1. United Kingdom
9.5. The Middle East and Africa
9.5.1. Saudi Arabia
9.6. Asia Pacific
9.6.4. South Korea
10. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
10.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
10.2. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
10.3. Market Share Analysis
11. COMPANY PROFILES
11.1. Amcor Plc
11.2. Seal Air Corporation
11.3. DS Smith
11.4. Huhtamaki Oyj
11.5. Constantia Flexibles
11.8. Toray Plastics
11.9. Scientex Berhad
11.10. GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft
Seal Air Corporation
GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Asia Pacific Flexible Packaging Market Size & Share: 2022 - 2027||Feb 2023|
|North America Flexible Packaging Market Size & Share: 2022-2027||Apr 2022|
|South America Flexible Packaging Market Size: Report, 2022 - 2027||Sep 2022|
|Southeast Asia Pacific Flexible Packaging Market Size: 2021–2026||Mar 2022|
|Medical Flexible Packaging Market Size & Share: Report, 2023-2028||Nov 2023|