Digital Transformation In Manufacturing Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Type (Solution (Analytics, Cloud Computing, Mobility, Social Media, Others), Service (Implementation And Integration Services, Professional And Consulting Services)), By Enterprise Size (Large Enterprises, Small & Medium Enterprises), By Deployment (Hosted, On-premises), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Nov 2023
- Report Code : KSI061616201
- Pages : 148
The digital transformation in manufacturing market is anticipated to show steady growth during the forecast period.
Digital transformation in manufacturing is the process of integrating digital systems and various technologies into traditional manufacturing processes, leading to a significant overhaul of the industry landscape. The advent of Industry 4.0 has ushered in a new era, where manufacturers can streamline production lines and bolster overall efficiency. Simultaneously, this technological revolution empowers them to gather extensive data and employ analytical tools to discern optimal operational strategies. The necessity for digitization has intensified alongside rapid technological advancements, promising manifold benefits. Embracing these advancements holds the potential to enhance productivity, curtail costs, refine operational efficiency, elevate customer service standards, and foster a culture of innovation unbounded by conventional limitations. However, the multifaceted nature of manufacturing engenders complexities that must be navigated when navigating the landscape of digital transformation. Notwithstanding these complexities, the advantages are undeniable, manifesting as heightened productivity, insights gleaned from data-driven customer behavior analysis, augmented customer satisfaction, heightened operational flexibility, nurtured company culture, reduced time-to-market intervals, diminished incidence of human error, and a platform for sustainable digital expansion. Nonetheless, challenges persist within the manufacturing sector, presenting hurdles during the process of modernizing existing infrastructure. These challenges include the need for substantial capital investment, the dearth of technical expertise, and the intricacies associated with scaling digital transformations across intricate networks of factories.
The digital transformation market in the manufacturing industry is continually evolving, driven by the implementation and integration of various cutting-edge technologies. These technologies include robotics, which aids in automating tasks and streamlining production processes, the Internet of Things (IoT) for enhanced connectivity and data exchange, 3D printing, and additive manufacturing, facilitating rapid prototyping and customization. Additionally, cybersecurity plays a crucial role in protecting sensitive data and ensuring the integrity of digital systems, while artificial intelligence revolutionizes operations through advanced analytics and decision-making capabilities. This market is further categorized into different technology segments, including robotics, the Internet of Things, 3D printing & additive manufacturing, cybersecurity, and other technologies. Moreover, the market's geographic segmentation spans across key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa, reflecting the global impact and adoption of digital transformation in manufacturing processes. The pervasive influence of digitalization is evident throughout the manufacturing sector, encompassing diverse facets of operations and the supply chain. From equipment design to product development and production processes, the integration of digital technologies facilitates enhanced monitoring, optimization, and customization to improve the overall end-user experience. Consequently, the manufacturing landscape has witnessed a profound positive impact stemming from the widespread adoption of digital transformation. Notably, safety measures have been bolstered, production throughput has increased, product quality has improved, and operational efficiency has been optimized, leading to a notable rise in revenue and sustainability. These advancements have also enabled manufacturers to maintain competitiveness within the dynamic market landscape, ensuring they meet evolving customer demands and stay ahead of formidable competitors.
- Customer expectations and increased competition: In the rapidly evolving landscape of manufacturing, the need for digital transformation has become increasingly paramount. A key impetus for this shift stems from the heightened expectations of customers and the intensifying competition within the industry. To meet these growing demands, manufacturers are harnessing the power of digital technologies to propel their operations forward. Through this integration, they can effectively streamline their processes, leading to an amplified pace of production and heightened operational efficiency. Furthermore, the incorporation of these digital systems enables manufacturers to effectively curtail costs, a critical aspect in a fiercely competitive market.
- Changing market trends: Changing customer demands are driving the need for digital transformation in manufacturing. In the contemporary marketplace, customer expectations have shifted significantly, with a growing emphasis on customized and personalized products and services, alongside the demand for expedited delivery times and heightened product quality standards. As a result, manufacturers find themselves compelled to adapt to these evolving dynamics by embracing digital solutions that can effectively streamline their operational processes, thereby enhancing overall efficiency and enabling them to cater to the intricate and diverse needs of their clientele. The integration of digital tools and technologies not only facilitates a more responsive approach to customer demands but also enables manufacturers to leverage data insights for informed decision-making, enabling them to anticipate and respond to market shifts swiftly and effectively.
- Labour shortages: The scarcity of available skilled workers has prompted manufacturing entities to adopt an array of automated solutions and other innovative digital technologies in a concerted effort to bridge the gap. Consequently, this strategic shift not only serves to counteract the adverse impacts of the labour shortage but also effectively amplifies operational efficiency and concurrently drives down overall production costs. In essence, the integration of digital solutions represents a proactive response to the evolving challenges posed by the diminished workforce within the manufacturing sector. This paradigm shift is instrumental in ensuring the continuity and sustained growth of manufacturing enterprises by harnessing the potential of cutting-edge technology to offset the constraints imposed by labour scarcity.
- Supply chain visibility: Supply chain visibility is pivotal in the digital transformation of manufacturing as it enables real-time tracking and monitoring of the entire supply chain process, from raw materials sourcing to the final product delivery. With the implementation of advanced digital technologies such as IoT (Internet of Things) sensors, RFID (Radio-Frequency Identification) tags, and blockchain, manufacturers can gain comprehensive insights into the movement and status of goods at each stage of the supply chain. This heightened visibility allows for proactive decision-making, as manufacturers can quickly identify and address potential bottlenecks, shortages, or issues in the supply chain before they escalate, ensuring seamless operations and timely deliveries.
- Process optimization: It is an essential aspect of digital transformation in the manufacturing industry. Through the strategic incorporation of digital technologies, manufacturers can streamline their operations, fine-tune workflows, and enhance overall efficiency within their production processes. By leveraging advanced analytics and data-driven insights, companies can identify areas for improvement, eliminate bottlenecks, and enhance the overall productivity of their manufacturing lines. This, in turn, leads to a reduction in operational waste, optimized resource utilization, and a more sustainable approach to production. Not only does this drive significant cost savings, but it also bolsters the company's competitive edge within the market, enabling it to meet evolving consumer demands with agility and precision.
Products offered by key companies:
- Mitsubishi Electric offers factory automation (FA) solutions that help manufacturers automate their production processes, from design and engineering to manufacturing and assembly.
- ABB offers Process and Production Intelligence (PIMS) that provides manufacturers with real-time visibility into their operations, which can be used to identify and resolve problems quickly.
Prominent growth in the cloud computing segment within the digital transformation in the manufacturing market:
The significant growth observed in the cloud computing segment within the digital transformation in the manufacturing market can be attributed to several key factors and trends that are shaping the industry. One of the notable shifts occurring is the widespread adoption of cloud-based services by enterprises, which signifies a significant departure from initial concerns regarding security, regulation, and cost. This transition has allowed businesses to entrust their computing power and data storage needs to the cloud, thereby facilitating digital transformation and the integration of digitally enabled business models across diverse sectors. The adoption of cloud computing is fostering improved collaboration and unlocking a multitude of new business opportunities. By breaking down traditional barriers, cloud services are enhancing collaboration among stakeholders and fostering an environment conducive to innovation and growth. An illustrative example of this is the utilization of cloud-based services in the agricultural sector, where farmers can leverage cloud technology to access valuable insights on soil profiles, monitor crop growth, and make data-driven decisions about crop selection and yield optimization. Moreover, the cloud is playing a pivotal role in supporting the implementation of Industry 4.0 and the establishment of smart factories. With the Industry 4.0 revolution pushing manufacturers towards the deployment of intelligent factories capable of leveraging real-time data for optimizing warehouse operations, managing inventory, and streamlining production processes, the cloud has emerged as a critical enabler. Its flexible infrastructure and tailored solutions are facilitating a seamless transition into this complex operational landscape. Furthermore, there is a growing demand within the manufacturing sector for advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, and real-time data processing. Manufacturers are increasingly recognizing the importance of integrating these technologies into their operations to drive business value and improve various facets of their manufacturing processes. Leveraging the power of the cloud, manufacturers can harness the full potential of these technologies to enhance operational efficiency, product quality, and overall business performance.
The Asia Pacific region is expected to hold a significant share of the digital transformation in the manufacturing market:
The Asia Pacific region is anticipated to hold a significant share of the Digital Transformation In Manufacturing Market due to several factors. Firstly, the region's growing population and expanding economy are pivotal drivers of the demand for digital transformation in manufacturing. With a large and increasing population, there is a corresponding surge in the need for digitally enabled manufacturing processes. The robust economic growth in the Asia Pacific region is generating new prospects for businesses to incorporate digital technologies into their operations and streamline their manufacturing processes. Moreover, the region is witnessing a surge in investments in digital transformation, fostering the market's growth trajectory. Various companies are actively investing in cutting-edge technologies such as cloud computing, the Internet of Things (IoT), and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to bolster efficiency, reduce costs, and augment the overall customer experience. This notable upsurge in digital investment is propelling the manufacturing industry towards an era of enhanced technological integration and innovation. Furthermore, the manufacturing landscape in the Asia Pacific region is experiencing a significant metamorphosis as a result of the interplay between digital technologies and shifting market dynamics. With the relocation of production lines from China to other countries within the region, manufacturers are faced with a series of challenges and opportunities. This shift compels manufacturers to adapt to changing market conditions, encouraging them to embrace digital transformation to improve their operational efficiency and sustain competitiveness in the global market. In addition, there is a mounting emphasis on resource and energy efficiency, which has amplified the adoption of cloud computing.
- In March 2023, Siemens Mobility, the largest passenger rolling stock manufacturer in the United States, invested $220 million to build a new advanced manufacturing and rail services facility in Lexington, North Carolina. The facility is expected to create more than 500 new jobs and become one of the city's largest employers.
- In February 2023, Schneider Electric, a global leader in energy management and automation, participated in ELECRAMA 2023, one of the largest exhibitions in the power transmission and distribution industry, from February 18th to 22nd at India Expo Mart, Greater Noida. The company showcased its latest innovations and solutions for the energy sector, including smart grid technologies, energy efficiency products, and next-generation automation.
- By Type
- Cloud Computing
- Social Media
- Implementation and Integration Services
- Professional and Consulting Services
- By Enterprise Size
- Large Enterprises
- Small & Medium Enterprises
- By Deployment
- By Geography
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
2.2. Research Processes
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION IN MANUFACTURING MARKET BY TYPE
5.2.2. Cloud Computing
5.2.4. Social Media
5.3.1. Implementation and Integration Services
5.3.2. Professional and Consulting Services
6. DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION IN MANUFACTURING MARKET BY ENTERPRISE SIZE
6.2. Large Enterprises
6.3. Small & Medium Enterprises
7. DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION IN MANUFACTURING MARKET BY DEPLOYMENT
8. DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION IN MANUFACTURING MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.2.1. United States
8.3. South America
8.4.1. United Kingdom
8.5. The Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.4. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Market Share Analysis
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. ABB Ltd.
10.2. Dassault Systemes
10.3. Emerson Electric Co.
10.4. General Electric Company
10.5. Honeywell International, Inc.
10.6. Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
10.7. Rockwell Automation, Inc.
10.8. Robert Bosch GmbH
10.9. Schneider Electric SE
Emerson Electric Co.
General Electric Company
Honeywell International, Inc.
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
Rockwell Automation, Inc.
Robert Bosch GmbH
Schneider Electric SE
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Cloud Analytics Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2021 - 2026||Aug 2021|
|Social Media Analytics Market Size: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Nov 2022|
|Workplace Transformation Market Size: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Feb 2023|
|Cloud Computing Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Jun 2023|
|Digital Transformation Market Size: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Oct 2023|