DNS Security Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Type (DNS Firewall, DNS Servers), By Enterprise Size (Small, Medium, Large), By End-User (IT & Telecommunication, BFSI, Healthcare, Government, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Oct 2023
- Report Code : KSI061616063
- Pages : 145
The DNS security market is projected to grow steadily during the forecast period.
DNS (Domain Name System) security software plays a crucial role in safeguarding both DNS servers and the websites they host. It operates by directing end-user online traffic through filters capable of identifying malware signatures and other characteristics of potentially dangerous websites and media. The DNS security industry growth is fueled by the rise in cybersecurity threats, including malware and phishing, necessitating enhanced protection for DNS infrastructure. Additionally, the demand for global performance and the importance of DNSSEC for record integrity contribute to market growth.
Growing Cloud Computing Needs Drives DNS Security Market Growth
The increasing adoption of cloud computing has raised cybersecurity concerns, thereby driving demand for comprehensive DNS security solutions. Cloud-based DNS security software addresses evolving cybersecurity and network management challenges, particularly in preventing Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks. The Government of Singapore introduced the Multi-Tier Cloud Security (MTCS) Standard in 2013, the world's first cloud security standard with multiple tiers, to enhance security in cloud computing. As of October 2020, there were 112 MTCS-certified cloud services, including 19 software as a service.
Evolving cyber-attacks in the financial sector drive the DNS security market expansion.
The BFSI industry faces substantial cybersecurity risks due to the vast amount of sensitive consumer data within its networks. Cyberattacks, including DNS-based assaults, target this data. Such attacks disrupt services, erode trust, and lead to customer attrition. Hence, the adoption of comprehensive DNS security solutions is vital. These solutions protect sensitive data, prevent service interruptions, and bolster trust by proactively countering evolving cyber threats. For instance, In August 2023, Russian hacktivists launched DDoS attacks on Czech banks and the stock exchange, underscoring the continued need for DNS security in the face of geopolitical cyber threats.
Increasing awareness drives the DNS security market growth.
The increasing awareness of cybersecurity threats and the imperative to safeguard critical data are driving the demand for DNS security solutions. With the growing prevalence and sophistication of cyberattacks, individuals and organizations are realizing the gravity of cybersecurity lapses, spurred by high-profile incidents and media coverage. Moreover, stringent regulatory requirements and the need to comply with data protection laws further emphasize the significance of robust DNS security. For instance, in September 2022, the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) launched its Protective Domain Name System (DNS) service, available to all federal civilian agencies, enhancing their cybersecurity posture.
North- America is expected to dominate the market.
North America is poised to be the leader in the DNS security market. This dominance is attributed to the region's early adoption of DNS security solutions and the presence of major global network security vendors, fostering market growth. Organizations in developed economies namely USA and Canada are increasingly embracing DNS security solutions to proactively detect and thwart threats at their inception. The adoption of advanced cybersecurity solutions across diverse sectors, additionally, the surge in demand for protection against malware, and intrusions, and the growing adoption of IoT devices contribute to North America's significant market share.
The DNS security solutions market faces challenges related to unpredictable speed and efficiency. DNS servers are essential for internet functionality, but their reliability can vary due to factors like network congestion and technical issues. This variability exposes DNS servers to cyberattacks, making them prime targets for attackers. Various cyberattacks occur continuously, including phishing, malware, DDoS, DoS, APT, MSMM, BEC, botnet, and ransomware. For instance, as per the study by the Identity Theft Resource Center (ITRC), 1,291 data breaches were recorded in US in September 2021 which represented a 17% year-on-year increase over 1,108 cases recorded in 2020.
- August 2023: Meter collaborated with Cloudflare to launch Meter DNS Security, enhancing its Network as a Service (NaaS) offering. This new offering aims to provide comprehensive network security, improved performance, and simplified management for Meter Network customers. Meter DNS Security, powered by Cloudflare's Zero Trust platform, offers features like content filtering and DNS filtering. It eliminates the need for multiple vendors, streamlining network security for businesses, educational institutions, and other organizations.
- February 2023: Neustar Security Services launched UltraDDR (DNS Detection and Response), a protective DNS solution designed to enhance user internet traffic security and enforce enterprise-acceptable use policies. This service leverages historical domain data to provide real-time observability of outbound network communication, enabling enterprises to detect and prevent threats such as malware, ransomware, phishing, and supply chain attacks.
- July 2021: KeepSolid launched its DNS Firewall as a standalone app, separate from its VPN Unlimited suite. The KeepSolid DNS Firewall is a network security application designed to protect users from various online threats, including malware, phishing links, pop-ups, and unwanted or inappropriate content. It works across multiple platforms, including Windows, Android, iOS, and MacOS, and maintains a vast database of harmful websites. The tool also provides customized controls, regular updates to its database, workplace protection for businesses, and parental monitoring for families, making it a versatile DNS security solution in an era of increasing DNS attacks.
- Cisco Umbrella DNS layer security: Cisco Umbrella offers DNS-layer security that enhances network speed and also provides robust protection against cyber threats. It detects and prevents malware, stopping infected machines from connecting to the network. It requests potentially risky domains through a selective proxy for in-depth URL and file inspection, ensuring effective protection without performance issues. It also offers visibility into cloud app usage, simplifying risk identification and application blocking. It leverages the internet's infrastructure to block malicious domains, IP addresses, and cloud apps before establishing connections, enhancing security visibility and network protection.
- Palo Alto Networks DNS Security: Palo Alto Networks DNS Security is a cloud-based service that automatically secures DNS traffic. It provides firewall access to DNS signatures created through predictive analysis and machine learning. Additionally, it leverages malicious domain data from a threat intelligence sharing community to enhance security.
- FortiDDoS: FortiDDoS is a specialized cybersecurity solution designed to safeguard organizations from disruptive distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks. FortiDDoS operates autonomously, automatically detecting and mitigating multiple simultaneous attacks of any size without the need for user intervention or additional subscriptions.
- By Type
- DNS Firewall
- DNS Servers
- By Enterprise Size
- By End-User
- IT & Telecommunication
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Market Opportunities
4.4. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.4.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.4.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.5. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. DNS SECURITY MARKET ANALYSIS, BY TYPE
5.2. DNS Firewall
5.3. DNS Servers
6. DNS SECURITY MARKET ANALYSIS, BY ENTERPRISE SIZE
7. DNS SECURITY MARKET ANALYSIS, BY END-USER
7.2. IT & Telecommunications
8. DNS SECURITY MARKET ANALYSIS, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.3. South America
8.5. Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.3. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. Palo Alto Networks
10.2. Akamai Technologies, Inc.
10.4. Mimecast Services Limited
10.6. Open Text Corporation
10.7. Cloudflare Inc.
10.8. Vecara LLC
10.9. Allot Ltd.
Palo Alto Networks
Akamai Technologies, Inc.
Open Text Corporation
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Security Screening Market Size: Industry Report, 2023 – 2028||Oct 2023|
|Enterprise Endpoint Security Market Size: Report, 2022-2027||Apr 2022|
|Cloud Endpoint Security Market Size: Industry Report, 2021-2026||Sep 2021|
|5G Network Security Market Size & Share, Industry Report, 2023 – 2028||Aug 2023|
|Email Security Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Jul 2023|