Global 5G Femtocell Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Type (IU-H, IMS/SIP), By Application (Indoor, Outdoor), By End-User (Residential, Commercial, Public Places), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Aug 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615554
- Pages : 132
The 5G Femtocell market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 23.44% during the forecast period.
- INCREASED DEMAND FOR IMPROVED COVERAGE AND CONNECTIVITY WITH 5G DEVICES, IN NUMBER OF DEVICES
The demand for high-speed and wireless connectivity and 5G devices has been rising over recent years due to the change in consumer and telecom operators’ preferences. This has been augmenting the demand for 5G femtocells.
For instance, the report “5G-Market Snapshot May 2023” released by the Global Mobile Suppliers Association (GSA) found 989 announced 5G phones, a more than 50% increase from 613 at the start of 2022. The GSA's announcement of 989 5G phones, demonstrating the growing market demand for 5G services and apps, can help the 5G femtocell industry. Femtocells can enhance 5G device connection and coverage in homes and workplaces, particularly for millimeter wave frequencies with weak propagation and penetration. They can also give consumers built-in security and hack-proof communications while reducing operational expenses and network congestion for operators by offloading traffic from macrocells. As a result, the market for 5G femtocells may take advantage of the development of 5G phones by providing consumers and businesses with enhanced and consistent indoor network coverage.
In another instance, as per the press release, in September 2022, AT&T unveiled a new Nokia femtocell to help the transition from 3G to 5G, and the operator recently said that it had supplied 145,000 devices to consumers who would be affected by the transition. Delivering 145,000 femtocells by Nokia to AT&T customers is evidence of the rising demand for 5G indoor capacity and coverage. AT&T can utilize its C-Band spectrum for 5G services and provide its customers with coverage and capacity by deploying Nokia femtocells. Nokia's femtocells are also future-proof since they can handle LTE, 5G, NB-IoT, and CAT-M technologies. As a result, by improving indoor network coverage and opening up new 5G use cases, Nokia's shipping of femtocells to AT&T customers will propel the market for 5G femtocells forward.
EMERGING OPPORTUNITIES IN THE GLOBAL 5G FEMTOCELL MARKET
- COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL PLACES
5G technology has played a major role in boosting the telecommunication sector across the globe. Active efforts by various market players can be seen because they recognize smarter and more flexible technologies.
By category, the 5G femtocell market is segregated into type, application, and end-user. By type, it is segmented into IU-H and IMS/SIP, by application into indoor and outdoor, and by end-user into residential, commercial, and public places.
Consequently, key development in the segment of the 5G femtocell market include:
- In February 2023, Cisco and T-Mobile unveiled the Cisco Meraki 5G Gateways, a line of cellular gateways that enable fixed wireless access (FWA) to businesses using the cloud-first Cisco Meraki platform and T-Mobile's 5G network. This event will contribute to the growth of the 5G femtocell market by growing demand, broadening use cases, and improving the competitiveness of 5G FWA for enterprises.
- In March 2022, Samsung announced a collaboration between the company and Ciena to bring 5G network solutions to market, enabling the subsequent generation of high-bandwidth services and applications supported by growing 5G networks. This agreement will help the 5G femtocell industry by allowing telecom operators to install femtocells and other small cells in indoor and outdoor settings where macrocells or small cells are not accessible or adequate more quickly and smoothly. In these settings, tiny cells known as femtocells can offer improved wireless coverage and capacity. Telecom operators can accommodate the growing amounts of 5G data traffic at the edge and within a more dispersed 5G architecture by installing femtocells and other tiny cells.
The global 5G femtocell market consists of some major countries like the USA, Japan, South Korea, China, and Germany, which have witnessed various initiatives by private players and, in turn, contributing to the market expansion:
- In February 2023, in the United Kingdom, Cisco announced in a news release Cisco and NTT would work together to provide private 5G services to businesses across many industries, leveraging the Cisco Meraki platform and Intel technology. This will help the market for private 5G networks that rely on 5G femtocells as their communication infrastructure by increasing demand. It will also make private 5G networks more competitive by providing businesses an advantage over their competitors who utilize public or wired networks. As a result, more companies will move to private 5G, increasing the market share of 5G femtocells.
- In September 2022, in Korea and Philadelphia, Samsung announced that the company and Comcast would collaborate to provide 5G services to customers by leveraging Samsung's 5G Radio Access Network (RAN) technology which will enable Comcast to offer 5G connectivity to its customers across Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) and 600 MHz frequencies. This will help the 5G femtocell industry by increasing demand and boosting competition for 5G coverage, which employs 5G femtocells as the communication infrastructure. Allowing users to access a range of new applications and services with 5G will also increase the use cases for 5G coverage.
MAJOR PLAYERS IN THE MARKET
Some of the leading players in the market include Samsung, Huawei, and Nokia, among others. The product offerings of the major corporation include the following:
Nokia's 5G femtocell is part of the company's Smart Node portfolio of tiny cells that can deliver enhanced indoor network connectivity. It can easily be upgraded from Non-Standalone (NSA) to Standalone (SA) 5G installations through software and supports 4G and 5G connections. The 5G femtocell from Nokia can meet the demands of telecom carriers, neutral host providers, non-public operators, and businesses. It is appropriate for both public and private 5G networks.
A tiny 5G cell that is lightweight, portable, and can easily be mounted on walls or ceilings. It can deliver high-speed, low-latency wireless services in various interior environments, including homes, workplaces, industries, and hospitals.
An LTE and 5G NR-compatible digital indoor distribution system. It can serve big and medium-sized interior environments, including subways, airports, hotels, and exhibition halls, with high capacity and high-quality wireless coverage.
It is an LTE and 5G NR-capable indoor digital distributed radio systems collection. It can offer high-speed and low-latency wireless services for various indoor settings, including stadiums, retail centers, workplaces, and airports.
5G FemtoCell Market Scope:
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 23.44% from 2021 to 2028|
|Forecast Period||2023 – 2028|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Billion|
|Segments Covered||Type, Application, End-User, and Geography|
|Regions Covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies Covered||Aricent Inc, China Mobile Ltd, Cisco System Inc., Ericsson, Fujitsu Limited, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd, Nokia Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, Vodafone Group Plc, ZTE Corporation|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
The global 5G Femtocell market has been analyzed through the following segments:
- By Type
- By Application
- By End-User
- Public Places
- By Geography
- United States
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Market Segmentation
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Bandwidth Availability
4.4. Number of Users
5. GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS/POLICIES
6. 5G FEMTOCELL MARKET, BY TYPE
7. 5G FEMTOCELL MARKET, BY APPLICATION
8. 5G FEMTOCELL MARKET, BY END-USER
8.4. Public Places
9. 5G FEMTOCELL MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
9.2.1. United States
9.3. Europe, Middle East, and Africa
9.4. Asia Pacific
9.4.3. South Korea
10. RECENT DEVELOPMENT AND INVESTMENTS
11. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
11.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
11.2. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
12. COMPANY PROFILES
12.1. Aricent Inc
12.2. China Mobile Ltd
12.3. Cisco System Inc.
12.5. Fujitsu Limited
12.6. Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
12.7. Nokia Corporation
12.8. Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
12.9. Vodafone Group Plc
12.10. ZTE Corporation
China Mobile Ltd
Cisco System Inc.
Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
Vodafone Group Plc
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|5G Services Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Nov 2023|
|Japan 5G Small Cell Market Size: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Feb 2023|
|Japan 5G Base Station Equipment Market Size: Report, 2023 – 2028||Aug 2023|
|5G NR RAN Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023 – 2028||Aug 2023|
|5G Network Security Market Size & Share, Industry Report, 2023 – 2028||Aug 2023|