High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Bottle Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Cap Type (Screw Closures, Snap Closures, Push-pull Closures, Disc Top Closures, Spray Closures, Dispensers, Dropper), By Neck Type (Narrow Mouth Bottles, Wide Mouth Bottles), By End-user (Food And Beverages (Dairy Products, Juices, Others), Pharmaceutical, Chemical (Agro Chemicals, Industrial Chemicals, Lubricants And Petrochemicals), Homecare & Toiletries, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Oct 2023
- Report Code : KSI061616095
- Pages : 147
The high-density polyethylene (HDPE) bottle market is projected to show steady growth during the forecast period.
HDPE are most commonly used material to manufacture bottles due to its low cost, chemical and impact resistance, and good moisture barriers which act as a prime reason driving the market growth. Moreover, due to its chemical resistance, HDPE can retain household chemicals and detergents in addition to being often used to make milk and other beverage bottles. In addition, HDPE bottles with pigmentation or colour have increased breakage resistance. An impact-resistant container made of HDPE plastic that has a strong moisture barrier is moderately stiff. The HDPE plastic bottles come in a range of sizes and forms. These HDPE plastic bottles are available in white, natural, and amber colours and may be combined with a variety of closure choices.
The rigid plastic high-density polyethylene has the advantages of increased tensile strength, processability, affordability, and environmental friendliness. No waste or dangerous gases are released into the environment during either the production processes or the degradation processes. Numerous end-user applications have turned to high-density polyethylene because of its potential advantages, which include cheap cost, a harder structure, a barrier against moisture and temperature, and greater resistance to insects and chemicals, among other things. Since they are corrosion-resistant, these HDPEs are frequently employed in these applications and are widely used by manufacturers in making bottles. High-density polyethylene (HDPE) bottles are quickly rising to the top of the packaging list for producers, customers, and retailers. This is one of the most widely used polymers in the plastic packaging industry. HDPE bottles are superior to other plastic bottle alternatives because they are stronger, more opaque, and able to resist greater temperatures. Containers for milk, motor oil, cleaning supplies, and other substances are made from high-density polyethylene (HDPE) which is eventually propelling the HDPE bottle market.
- Rise in sustainable packing led to market demand: Recent years have seen an increase in interest in sustainable packaging strategies as a result of mounting environmental problems including global plastic pollution. Since HDPE bottles are recyclable and have a lower environmental effect than certain other materials, they have become well-known among businesses trying to promote sustainability goals. As governments and the general public grow more conscious of the negative environmental consequences of single-use plastics globally, more sustainable packaging materials are being adopted. HDPE is a versatile plastic that can be recycled, making it highly sought-after for use in a wide range of consumer items.
- Continuous design improvement boosting market dynamics: Consumers and HPDE bottle makers are more drawn to HDPE bottles thanks to ongoing innovation in packaging and closures such as child-resistant lids, flip-top tops, and ergonomic designs. Due to these advancements, a wide range of products may now be packaged in HDPE bottles, significantly expanding the market.
- HDPE bottles are durable therefore generating demand from industries: Due to their excellent durability, high-density polyethylene (HDPE) is the best material to use for making bottles. These bottles have an extremely long shelf life and are not likely to break if they fall on a hard surface. The market for high-density polyethylene (HDPE) may see increased revenue growth as a result of the HDPE bottles' better durability.
- Rise of e-commerce boosting market expansion: Due to the rapid growth of e-commerce, HDPE bottle manufacturers see enormous potential in HDPE material. Because of their strength and capacity to withstand damage while shipping, these bottles are perfect for packaging items for online sales, which helps to explain why demand is growing.
- HDPE as a material has qualities that are suitable for making bottles: High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) is the ideal material for creating bottles since it resists mildew, mould, and rotting. Boiling can sanitize HDPE bottles, which makes them the ideal material for holding food and beverage goods. High-density polyethylene (HDPE) bottles are in higher demand as a result of all these qualities, which are anticipated to accelerate market expansion.
- There are strict guidelines and laws governing the production of plastic bottles.: The government's severe regulations and restrictions on the usage of dangerous plastic and the discharge of hazardous chemicals and gasses during the manufacture of high-density polyethylene (HDPE) are also anticipated to fuel the market for HDPE bottles. Additionally, throughout the projection period, a sizable working population that frequently travels long distances for work and seeks portable bottles for their requirements is generating favourable chances for the expansion of the high-density polyethylene (HDPE) bottles market.
Products offered by key companies:
- Boston Round, C.L. Smith: The round shoulder form of Boston Round bottles makes them dependable for holding practically any liquid or goods. The Boston Round is a very popular container because of its timeless design. The lower neck diameters of Boston Round bottles, which range from 15mm to 38mm and may handle a wide variety of closure methods, are well known. The HDPE, LDPE, or PET resins commonly utilized to produce Boston Round bottles generally completely adhere to FDA criteria for food contact.
- High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Bottles, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Their most popular lab bottles are Nalgene high-density polyethene ones because they are leakproof*, work with a variety of lab chemicals, are impact resistant down to -100°C, and are less expensive than many other materials. A large range of laboratory reagents, including the majority of acids, bases, alcohols, aldehydes, esters, and aliphatic hydrocarbons, are extremely chemically compatible with high-density polyethene bottles.
The prominent growth in the dairy sector in the food and beverages sector under the End-User segment
The market for high-density polyethylene (HDPE) bottles is anticipated to be dominated by dairy bottles during the projected period. Glass and other plastics used to package milk have already been phased out in favour of HDPE bottles. The high recycling rates, rigidity, strong temperature resistance, and water vapor barrier of HDPE make it a popular material for milk bottles. Since it keeps the product secure, fresh, and bacterial-free, HDPE is used for liquid packaging items like milk. Due to its many advantages over other materials, the market has developed with the introduction of new milk bottles made of HPDE which is acting as a major factor influencing the market growth.
The European region is expected to hold a significant share of the HDPE Bottle market:
The market for high-density polyethylene (HDPE) bottles is dominated by the Europe area, which is anticipated to keep its position during the projected period. The market for HDPE bottles is expanding mostly due to concerns over the use of non-biodegradable plastics and a trend toward recyclable substitutes. Additionally, the nations have prohibited the use of certain plastics, which is forcing local manufacturers and businesses to switch to environmentally friendly options for packaging. Furthermore, the potential for HDPE bottles has increased with the development of e-commerce in Europe. These bottles are perfect for online sales because of their strength and resistance to breakage during delivery. HDPE bottles are becoming popular among European companies as a canvas for creative packaging designs, branding, and product differentiation. This customization will appeal to consumers looking for unusual and aesthetically pleasing packaging therefore generating demand for the HDPE bottle market.
- As part of TRUCIRCLE, the company's dedication to promoting a circular economy for plastics, Sabic, a global leader in the diversified chemical industry, launched a new high-density polyethene (HDPE) with mechanically recycled 30% in December 2022. The material was created especially for blow moulding bottles of motor oil and lubricant. Post-consumer plastic that has been mechanically recycled makes up around 30% of the material. With this initiative, the Saudi Arabian automotive aftermarket will move closer to having a completely closed loop from bottle to bottle.
- BY CAP TYPE
- Screw Closures
- Snap Closures
- Push-Pull Closures
- Disc Top Closures
- Spray Closures
- BY NECK TYPE
- Narrow Mouth Bottles
- Wide Mouth Bottles
- BY END-USER
- Food and Beverages
- Dairy Products
- Agro Chemicals
- Industrial Chemicals
- Lubricants and Petrochemicals
- Homecare & Toiletries
- Food and Beverages
- BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
2.2. Research Process
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Key Findings
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. HIGH-DENSITY POLYETHYLENE (HDPE) BOTTLE MARKET, BY CAP TYPE
5.2. Screw Closures
5.3. Snap Closures
5.4. Push-Pull Closures
5.5. Disc Top Closures
5.6. Spray Closures
6. HIGH-DENSITY POLYETHYLENE (HDPE) BOTTLE MARKET, BY NECK TYPE
6.2. Narrow Mouth Bottles
6.3. Wide Mouth Bottles
7. HIGH-DENSITY POLYETHYLENE (HDPE) BOTTLE MARKET, BY END-USER
7.2. Food and Beverages
7.2.1. Dairy Products
7.4.1. Agro Chemicals
7.4.2. Industrial Chemicals
7.4.3. Lubricants and Petrochemicals
7.5. Homecare & Toiletries
8. HIGH-DENSITY POLYETHYLENE (HDPE) BOTTLE MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.2.1. United States
8.3. South America
8.4.1. United Kingdom
8.5. The Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.4. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Market Share Analysis
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. Berry Global Inc.
10.2. Silgan Plastics
10.3. O Berk Company LLC
10.4. Amcor Plc
10.5. CL Smith
10.6. Graham Tyson
10.7. Altium Packaging
10.8. Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
10.9. MJS Packaging
10.10. Alpack Plastics
Berry Global Inc.
O Berk Company LLC
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Smart Bottle Market Size, Share | Industry Report | Forecasts till 2024||Mar 2020|
|Pharmaceutical Bottles Market Size: Industry Report, 2019-2024||May 2020|
|Bottled Water Packaging Market Size & Share: Report, 2023-2028||Nov 2023|
|Milk Packaging Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2023 - 2028||Oct 2023|
|Blow Molded Bottles Market Growth: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Aug 2023|