Hybrid Seeds Market Size, Share, Opportunities, COVID-19 Impact, And Trends By Type (Cereals And Grains, Oilseeds And Pulses, Fruits And Vegetables, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Jan 2023
- Report Code : KSI061614235
- Pages : 135
By crossing two different strains of the same plant, a hybrid seed is produced. Fruit is first formed through the crossing in the process. These fruit's developing seeds are hybrid seeds. Hybrid seeds are listed as F1 sorts, whilst open-pollinated (OP) seeds are listed as OP kinds. Plant breeders frequently cross types and track the results in an effort to find a recipe that consistently produces better results. The objective is to produce a hybrid seed that incorporates the most advantageous genetic traits of the two parent plants. Disease resistance, better flavor or production, early maturity, and other traits are typically seen in hybrid seeds. Different qualities are sought for different types of crops. Since hybrid seeds are created to blend the best traits of two strains, they typically outperform their open-pollinated counterparts.
The development of hybrid seeds has been aided by the increased demand for a healthy agricultural output.
Fresh fruits, vegetables, and other crops are in higher demand as a result of growing public concern for individual health. The customers' acceptance of healthy diet adjustments helps to aid this demand. Many farmers have increased the number of vegetables and seeds they cultivate and produce. For instance, in 2021, India produced over 103 million metric tonnes of fruits and nearly 197 million metric tonnes of vegetables, according to the Indian Department of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare. In order to generate hybrid seeds with higher quality and greater profit, there has been an increase in the crossing of seeds as a result of the increased demand for and cultivation of fruits and vegetables. The need for food supply has dramatically increased as a result of population growth. The market for hybrid seeds is anticipated to expand at a large rate in the forecast period due to the increased demand for food supply, growing health consciousness, and desire to create greater yields of food supply.
The expansion of this sector is hampered by climate change and challenging implementation procedures.
The horticulture and agriculture industries are impacted as a result of the increased emissions of carbon dioxide and other toxic gases, which in turn hampered the growth of hybrid seeds as well as have significantly harmed the climate. Hybrid seed adoption has been slowed down by factors including lower purchasing power, a lack of suitable new varieties, higher hybrid seed prices, inadequate infrastructure, and so on.
- By showcasing hybrid seed technology to farming communities both locally and internationally, the Filipino company SL Agritech, which conducts research, develops, produces, and distributes hybrid rice seed and premium quality rice strengthened its advocacy for assisting the Philippines in achieving food security in November 2022. The corporation has regularly collaborated with a number of groups in 2022 to promote high-yielding seed varieties that are intended to assist the nation in producing enough rice to meet the need of the expanding population. 500 Agricultural Extension Workers (AEW) from various provinces in the Ilocos Region and 3,000 farmers from across the country joined SL Agritech at the National Rice Technology Forum (NRTF). Through instructional demonstrations and technological forum meetings, the company highlighted the advantages of hybrid seeds, enabling farmers to evaluate the potential of these kinds and gain a comprehensive understanding of the seeds' actual field performance. The goal of the event was to improve the farmers' present inbred seeds' yield by at least 2 metric tonnes (MT).
- Advanta Enterprises Limited, a multinational seed firm situated in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, secured a US$300 million investment from KKR in October 2022. The firm joining UPL Limited, a provider of international agricultural solutions, would see KKR acquire a 13.33% share. By utilizing its extensive knowledge and experience in strategic carve-outs, the agricultural industry, and best practices in environmental, social, and governance, KKR seeks to work closely with the company to further expand its business regionally and globally, including through bolt-on acquisitions, and maximize the growth potential. Advanta is committed to sustainable agriculture and offers farmers regionally adapted, high-performing hybrid seeds that have been created using cutting-edge technology in traditional plant breeding.
North American region is predicted to hold a sizable share of the hybrid seeds industry. The Asia Pacific region is one of the major markets for the hybrid seed business because it is the continent with the most people and is also the largest. Asia Pacific is home to some of the most populous nations on earth, which may lead to an increase in food demand there. The high level of farming productivity in this area has also been influenced by other variables, including the climate and the fertile terrain. The two countries that produce the most important crops, like grains and cereals, are China and India. During the forecast period, the hybrid seeds market is expected to expand significantly in the Asia Pacific and Latin America regions.
Key Market Segments
- By Type
- Cereals and Grains
- Oilseeds and Pulses
- Fruits and Vegetables
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- United Kingdom
- The Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Covid-19 Scenario
1.3. Market Definition
1.4. Market Segmentation
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Market Opportunities
4.4. Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Bargaining Powers of Buyers
4.4.3. Threat of Substitutes
4.4.4. The Threat of New Entrants
4.4.5. Competitive Rivalry in Industry
4.5. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. HYBRID SEEDS MARKET ANALYSIS, BY TYPE
5.2. Cereals and Grains
5.3. Oilseeds and Pulses
5.4. Fruits and Vegetables
6. HYBRID SEEDS MARKET ANALYSIS, BY GEOGRAPHY
6.2. North America
6.3. South America
6.4.1. United Kingdom
6.5. The Middle East and Africa
6.5.1. Saudi Arabia
6.6. Asia Pacific
6.6.4. South Korea
7. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
7.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
7.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrative
7.3. Mergers, Acquisition, Agreements, and Collaborations
7.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
8. COMPANY PROFILES
8.1. BASF SE
8.2. KWS SAAT SE & Co. KGaA
8.4. Crystal Crop Protection Ltd.
8.5. Bayer AG
8.7. Hybrid Seed Company Inc.
8.8. Bejo Zaden B.V.
KWS SAAT SE & Co. KGaA
Crystal Crop Protection Ltd.
Hybrid Seed Company Inc.
Bejo Zaden B.V.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Seed Market Size, Share, Growth, & Trends: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Jan 2023|
|Rice Seeds Market Size, & Share: Industry Report, 2019-2024||Mar 2021|
|Grain Protectants Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2019 - 2024||Jun 2021|
|Vegetable Seed Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2019 - 2024||Jul 2021|
|Seed Coating Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2022–2027||Aug 2022|